Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I believe in KyoAni.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've always been fairly lukewarm on the manga for this and thus did not have really any expectations for its anime but KyoAni has done such an exceptional job that I'm really glad they took a crack at it. Its very sweet.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

a kitten posted:

Maid Dragon meets many other animes; including, but not limited to: Non Non Biyori, Fate/ and Daily Lives of High School Boys.

http://streamable.com/p4tb5
Please someone, anyone, make more animated Non Non Biyori.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Eupho S1 remains my favorite thing KyoAni has ever done. S2 wasn't quite as good but it was still great. I'd gladly take another season of Amagi too.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't think I can handle, this

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Home video pricing of Japanese animation has for decades/forever been insane. I'm surprised they even do it at all anymore in the age of streaming though for all I know that could be much less prevalent in Japan.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Fafnir and Takiya scene at the end was cute
I hope Kanna didn't eat that snail
Just trying to reenact her favorite scene from the Vision of Escaflowne.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It also looks orders of magnitude better.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I guess I'm gonna be the downer in that I liked the last episode quite a bit (especially since it has a lot of anime-original material which KyoAni has knocked out of the park in making this version of the story so good), but I'm not sure it necessarily elevated what is already a good show to above and beyond.

Overall this was a very nice watch of a product that originally at least I held no interest for. Favorite bit by far remains everything with Kanna and Santa Claus in that one ep.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It is not the best boring anime tho, that remains Non Non Biyori.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Birdy.
The.
Mighty.
Decode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry