Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

I do kinda wish they'd made this callback a little more obvious. I like the idea but I and most folks on my twitter feed COMPLETELY missed it on the first go around.

Huh, I thought they did that really well by NOT calling attention to it. Was a nice little joke that worked by not overplaying or flashing back to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Smugboy was just trying to help.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

The Sandman posted:

Marylander here. I don't even know what the show my state's watching is.

Hard for me to make out but I think it's Gabriel Dropout. Which is a pretty fun comedy that might be worth a few episodes if you're interested.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Rhode Island gets no respect.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

devtesla posted:

It's the first good show KyoAni's made in years :can:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Nitrousoxide posted:

I ended up dropping that one around the murder film arc because every episode felt very samey.

(I'll stop posting pics from other series because it's a derail, and I can understand if Hyouka isn't for you, but I loved it, with the exception of one or two episodes.)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

a kitten posted:

Kanna makes me laugh pretty much every time she's on screen.

(Although, goddamn the Lucoa plot line is terrible, gross, and playing something horrible for cheap laughs. Wish it wasn't in the show.)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Hey, anybody want to check out the tonkatsu I built--

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Don't post while hungry I suppose!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Eat the tail Kobayashi

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

SpartanIV posted:

I just marathoned this series over 2 days. So good, but I'm sad there's not more. Anyone have similar anime recommendations?

Well, I'm not sure what part of this show you enjoyed, so it's not easy to give recommendations, but I'd throw Non Non Biyori onto the pile. It's a quiet slice of life comedy set in the sticks. There are no fantastic elements like in Kobayashi, but one of the characters is... kinda Kanna-esque.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Kanna shouldn't be smiling like that. Maybe eating the flowers...

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

does kanna get to be the ring bearer

maybe if they're onion rings

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I got you fam

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

AnoHito posted:

I still find it generally annoying, though, and kind of wish KyoAni would just have a couple actually kiss or something (kisses they pretend never happened don't count).

Haruhi and Kyon get a somewhat ridiculous kiss in what is one of the best scenes of the show.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Also I think Hyouka does what it does with the understated romance really, really well. You don't realize it after the first viewing but by the second or third watch it's pretty clear that Oreki and Chitanda are very, very thirsty for each other. But it is in neither of their natures to make too direct a move.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

serefin99 posted:

What the actual gently caress. Why does this exist, and why did it need to be posted here.

It is not so very different from the fractal Tohrus in the OP, is it not?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Kinda think that one season is good enough for this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Really, it was about the foods you ate along the way.

• Locked thread