Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Looks like Kobayashi works at a Python shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Really the only thing bugging me about the line change is that culture is in enough of a precarious position that people are really sensitive to things that can be construed as anti-LGBT in any possible sense. poo poo's kinda touch and go right now and that might explain the reaction.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yeah honestly it comes down to that point about making assumptions about the character that the original writers didn't assert. It's putting words into the original author's mouth and that's something you really need to avoid as a translator, cause it can get you in trouble.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I question the wisdom of presenting a play about a homeless girl that dies a horrible death from the cold to a retirement home.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Onean posted:

I mean, I kinda really like the fancy top paired with the white suit pants.

I really like that too, oh my god. It's so pretty :swoon:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

There Bias Two posted:

You should start the trend.

Nah, not my style. But I wouldn't mind seeing it more often!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

hoobajoo posted:

She's a programmer that routinely does massive overtime, plus Tokyo is relatively affordable for a major city. Her living situation's pretty reasonable.

edit: I just realized, we live times where "raking it in" means "modestly supporting a family of 3". That's dire.

To be fair, software development pays relatively well. The second part yeah no times are pretty bad :smith:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Che Delilas posted:

I don't get it, they said "Kendodoragon," when "Kendoragon" was right there begging to be used. :confused:

Still great.

Actual answer: "Kendo" splits into ke-n-do-u in Japanese, so it doesn't end with "do".

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I appreciate these babies.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

there's a bacon garnish on that milkshake

Oh jesus you're right, I thought it was a chocolate churro straw or something.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Xelkelvos posted:

I think her height changed a little to adjust her intended appearance of a teenager. I vaguely recall her originally appearing not too much larger than Kanna. I might be remembering wrong though.

Jesus, I just started catching up with the manga and I completely forgot that Iruru is supposed to be Tohru's age. :shepface: Manga artists, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I think Kyoani would refuse to do a second season based entirely on her presence.

• Locked thread