Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I love cats! But sometimes they do stupid things.

One time my mother's cat was taking a piss, and she was angry, and somehow she managed to fall forward onto her face while peeing. I was pretty impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
going from 0-60 on hardwood floors and slamming straight into the wall

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
My dumb cat was so stupid we dropped him off at a pet shelter. Way to get owned there, cat.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dookifex_maximus posted:

going from 0-60 on hardwood floors and slamming straight into the wall

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Black cat: Jumped up onto end table with candle on it, set himself briefly on fire.

Grey cat: poo poo on her own tail. Tried to sharpen her claws on a metal speaker grill, got stuck, panicked and broke part of the claw off when I tried to help her.

Orange and grey cats, working together as a team: Toppled a really heavy guitar amp head off of the combo amp it was sitting on, smashed many tubes.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

got eaten...dumb loving cat, he was delicious though

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
my wife likes to tell the story of my cat attempting a leap but failing spectacularly. I'll have to ask her the details of the incident, but she always says that it was quite hilarious.

My brothers fat orange cat that I've posted a picture of was dumb enough to trust humans to try and cure her cancer by accepting chemotherapy treatment. They messed up the dosage

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

sprained his foot jumping a whopping 3 feet

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

was beat up by a chicken

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

refuses to eat out of anything but his food bowl

i left for a couple days and gave him extra food in different bowls and he ate just the 1 original bowl of food and i assume he just starved for 3 days after that

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

he rammed himself so hard into the side of my fridge due to hardwood floors and physics he managed to rock it back and forth.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

hth posted:

refuses to eat out of anything but his food bowl

i left for a couple days and gave him extra food in different bowls and he ate just the 1 original bowl of food and i assume he just starved for 3 days after that

Hahaha

My mother's cat also liked to hide behind the glass door because then she could hide and see through it! :haw:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Pick posted:

Hahaha

My mother's cat also liked to hide behind the glass door because then she could hide and see through it! :haw:

what a tard

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
hes my dearest friend but honestly im ashamed to admit he is a climate change denier

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'm pretty sure i got this one won, but it was my moms cat not mine.

He was a very skittish cat, prone to freaking out over nothing. I was in my room and heard this thundering around the house and went to go see wtf is going on... i hear the thunder circling around upstairs and it sounds like its going towards the stairs.

Basically he had eatten about 2 feet of ribon, and shat it out in a string. About a foot was hanging out with a rock hard turd stuck to the end of it and he thought something was chasing so he was running as fast as possible trying to get away.

I think that poor cat almost had a heart attack and I almost died laughing.

Luckily I was able to grab him with a towel on the next cycle round the inside of the house cut it at anus level with a pair of scissors and he was able to pass the rest without an issue.

He died years ago from nautrual causes. RIP Gizmo AKA Gizzy

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 19, 2017

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
she'd sleep on a dog bed! the madman*

*dog bed not pictured, rug pictured

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Hardawn posted:

that's a quality kitty tum tum :3:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Hardawn posted:

wanna pet that belly

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Wendigee posted:

I'm pretty sure i got this one won, but it was my moms cat not mine.

He was a very skittish cat, prone to freaking out over nothing. I was in my room and heard this thundering around the house and went to go see wtf is going on... i hear the thunder circling around upstairs and it sounds like its going towards the stairs.

Basically he had eatten about 2 feet of ribon, and shat it out in a string. About a foot was hanging out with a rock hard turd stuck to the end of it and he thought something was chasing so he was running as fast as possible trying to get away.

I think that poor cat almost had a heart attack and I almost died laughing.

Luckily I was able to grab him with a towel on the next cycle round the inside of the house cut it at anus level with a pair of scissors and he was able to pass the rest without an issue.

He died years ago from nautrual causes. RIP Gizmo AKA Gizzy

Being chased by a turd sounds scary as hell :ohdear:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Ate your poo poo OP!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Wanted to poo poo so she waited by the back door. It was raining so she changed her mind and led me to the front door where it was also raining.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

when I was a kid we lived in a big old house in the country and one night my mom & I heard meowing coming from up inside the fireplace chimney. turns out our kitten had climbed up it and gotten totally stuck inside somehow? we couldn't even get to her. my dad came home after working second shift and had to spend a crazy amount of time literally chiseling her back out.

RIP sushi you never appreciated anything

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

flesh dance posted:

RIP sushi you never appreciated anything

That's the best thing about cats

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Voted Trump.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

When I was a kid, our indoor/outdoor cat would pretty regularly get caught in really stupid places. He got caught in our neighbor's live muskrat trap at least once, and once he went missing for several days and came home smelling like motor oil, so presumably he got caught in someone's garage. He was a good cat, but really dumb.

Our current stupid cat will pretty regularly hunt someone's pants leg, get a claw stuck in the fabric, and be drug along for several steps before she decides she should release herself. She's also spent over a week getting into furious fights with the box spring, to little effect besides making the most irritating sound in the world and getting thrown out of the bedroom for the night.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My dad's cat Potato is so fat that she has to dig her claws into the carpet on the stairway to heft herself around so she can lick her back. It's like a bowling ball trying to lick it own rear end in a top hat

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
had seizures and galloped like a horse

(she had brain damage)

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

I was really stoned the other day and my cat was sitting on the back of my chair. I whispered in her ear "You're fat". She turned her head and gave me the dirtiest loving look I've ever seen out of a cat. I have never laughed so drat hard. It wasn't really stupid it was just funny. The stupid things are laying in windowsills that aren't wide enough and falling out when they fall asleep EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
what makes you think i have a cat?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Believe it or not you're never more than 10 feet away from a cat

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
dude loves to eat iphone cables

no other cables

just iphone cables

he chews on them with his little teeth

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sponge Baathist posted:

Believe it or not you're never more than 10 feet away from a cat

tht's because you're a cat

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Ah, cats: the autist's companion.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

BirryJoru posted:

had seizures and galloped like a horse

(she had brain damage)

A friend of mine in college had a lot of stories about her aunt's cat, who had been adopted after being found on the road, severely injured and brain-damaged after a car accident. Among other issues, the cat apparently had lost the ability to meow as a result of her brain damage, so she would purr forcefully at people when she wanted attention. Most of the cat's time was spent sitting in the kitchen staring raptly at the refrigerator, but that may not have been brain damage, just bein' a cat.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My cat used to like to run really fast on parquet floors and do a slide into a jump but one day she hit the underside of the table and now she has a messed up crumpled ear and she hates when i pet it.

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:

Antivehicular posted:

A friend of mine in college had a lot of stories about her aunt's cat, who had been adopted after being found on the road, severely injured and brain-damaged after a car accident. Among other issues, the cat apparently had lost the ability to meow as a result of her brain damage, so she would purr forcefully at people when she wanted attention. Most of the cat's time was spent sitting in the kitchen staring raptly at the refrigerator, but that may not have been brain damage, just bein' a cat.

ours was rescued by my dad and brother on the sidewalk presumably after falling from a freshly tarred rooftop

she had tar on her belly that took weeks to get rid of and little quirks but she was a good cat

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I wish we could tell all these mommy cats that their kittens ended up in good homes after they disappeared :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jan 20, 2017

• Locked thread