Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kcG9I9oElc

One of the greatest RPGs ever is being released on the 3DS this friday, with all the content still in as well a lot of bonus stuff.

- No random encounters, all encounters are wandering enemies in the overworld now.
- Option to double speed on battle animations
- Alchemy pot improved to make multiple items from the start of the game, it also completes recipes instantly.
- Several UI improvements to make it easier to teleport
- "Stat tweaking and balancing,' tho idk what this means yet really!
- Two new post-game dungeons!
- New monster arena challenges
- New Costumes for Yangus, Angelo, Red, and Morrie (Only Jessica and Hero had alternate clothes in the original)
- New Recipes
- New Equipment
- New Monsters

I'm hype as gently caress. I lost many weeks to this game as a teen and I can't wait to have a new version of it on friday.

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jan 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Absolute Peak of RPGS, tied for first place of all time greatest games on my list. 2017 is off to an amazing start. God Bless Nintendo

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I going to buy it, only played the first hour or so on an emulator and it kept crashing and stuff so I decided to just hold off until this Big day

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

I going to buy it, only played the first hour or so on an emulator and it kept crashing and stuff so I decided to just hold off until this Big day

ps2 emulation can be really rough, I'm so glad it's being repackaged like this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Someone already made a patch adding the orchestral music from the Japanese version to the EU/American release which is in midi for some reason. Badass

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Guess i should beat vii this week

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Someone already made a patch adding the orchestral music from the Japanese version to the EU/American release which is in midi for some reason. Badass

there were licensing issues with some of the music lol. what do u mean by patch

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I heard the problem was becsuse the dude who made the original soundtrack is now a japanese fascist who wont export his work

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

if u have homebrew u can install a... thing that patches your legit copy of the game. I dunno I haven't done it but I probably will when i get it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

nah dude

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Plutonis posted:

I heard the problem was becsuse the dude who made the original soundtrack is now a japanese fascist who wont export his work

it's not about exporting, he made them remove it from subsequent Japanese versions as well. he's a big baby who hates hearing people arrange his video game music for live performance and can keep them from using or reusing any version of his music in any context for any or no reason

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Absolutely godlike game, although I just played through VIII a year ago so Ill be holding off on this version for now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The video in the OP is hosed up, the Hero uses Gigaslash on a group of normal slimes.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

This will actualyl be my first DQ game apart from Dragon Warrior Monsters and the weird Wii sword one. I can't wait

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I never beat VII but I'm going to pick this up anyway

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adding new party members is a double edged sword...who would I drop? How can I make that decision?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
is this only coming out on 3DS?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

is this only coming out on 3DS?

There is also a ps2 version

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Plutonis posted:

Lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Plutonis posted:

that poo poo better be cross-buy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plutonis posted:

Don't forget iphone lol

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I got VII after reading all the good posts about it and really enjoyed it, thank you everyone.

Gonna get this one too :stoked:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I friggin' love Dragon Quest

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Preloaded this yesterday OP.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I liked sentinel of starry skies (DQix) is viii much better or nah?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

IdealFlaws posted:

I liked sentinel of starry skies (DQix) is viii much better or nah?

It's considered by many the best in the Series or at least up there.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I'm extremely glad I spend that money on preordering this instead of getting 42.3 dollar menus items, but not for the sole reason you may think (would also like to lose weight before summer).

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I'm going to play this OP.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Actually not all the content is there for example japanese sjws forced jessica to show less thigh....fuuuuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

The licensimg isdue is that sugiyama has go e grade a bonkers

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Plutonis posted:

He siad he doeant want the orchestral arrangements to be background music which i guess is understandable altho he could have come to that conclusi9n after the game came out fuuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I'm going to play this OP.

Same here dog

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

NEver played a Dragon Quest game but everything in the OP looks extremely good. I'm been craving a jrpg lately too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

The licensimg isdue is that sugiyama has go e grade a bonkers

lmao

A cool drat horse posted:

NEver played a Dragon Quest game but everything in the OP looks extremely good. I'm been craving a jrpg lately too

theres like no way you won't like the game..it's a very straight-up traditional RPG, but everything about it is executed immaculately. the DQ series is largely fantastic and even then this game manages to stand tall compared to the others, dq11 has some big rear end shoes to fill

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A cool drat horse posted:

Bro if you're in a JRPG mood DQVIII will blow your shorts into next months.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Yeah I almost bought the DS one but outside of that I haven't really looked at the series, its new stuff for me. Playing gaming classics for the first time is a powerful feeling and I'm definitely looking forward to this now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

any1 know when this is available off the eshop?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bobnumerotres posted:

any1 know when this is available off the eshop?

my copy from amazon already came

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

how does the battle speed thing work. is it a setting in the menu or is it a per battle thing??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

elf help book posted:

my copy from amazon already came

Lucky you.

I still need to wrap up DQ VII before I crack this open, though.

• Locked thread