Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Gunjin posted:

Well poo poo, I was just thinking of reinstalling this to see if they ever did fix Squirrel Girl, guess I can save myself the time.

Well they've fixed her now. Fixed her for good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
If anyone wants to log in I can invite you a hub they're trying to crash by inviting a ton of people. It's pretty packed.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Percelus posted:

where is davebo going to grind xp as wolverine now?

In the goddamn woods.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Lechtansi posted:

Does anyone have any screenshots from when all the goons gathered in one instance to do boons? Right before we crashed the server.

I think I do at home. In the meantime if you want to see a bunch of players in a hub here's one from an hour ago

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
FYI all items in the store are reduced to 50G and they're giving everyone 1,000G's per day until close. So if you just want to mess around in a costume you could never afford, go for it.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Still my favorite gif.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

And my favourite, a family of wild vans in their natural habitat. I think this was around when Daddy Punpun got reworked

Am I the only one who always made sure to turn around before using Frank's ult so the enemy could get the flamethrower side?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Degs posted:

Also when the story exp was insane.

I'm so used to being able to level to 60 in 20 minutes of boost time, it's crazy how slow leveling was at launch. I just found the screenshot of my first hitting 60 with Wolverine and it was dated August 29, 2013. So that's like two full months after launch, right?

Edit: someone earlier in the thread asked for photos from boon parties, right?

davebo fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 18, 2017

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I was way off, looks like I only spent $380 on this game. I'm well under 8 cents an hour. What a great value!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I am going to continue playing under the assumption that this is a trick designed to make me give up cracking the top 50 of the leaderboard.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Giedroyc posted:

It's the last day so davebo is paying his final respects to his beloved... oh hang on

Man I can't grind these last few terminal achievements with a melee non-teleporter. I did the 100 vulture runs with wolvie though since it's all bosses.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
And of course the status page still says everything is online, and the game launcher doesn't give you the offline indicator. But, welp, end of an era. At least I don't have to bother grinding 200 more kurse runs to try for one last achievement.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Do we have any confirmation at all that this decision had anything to do with the CEO's perversions? If the game had actually been making money couldn't they have just replaced him? Of course if the game had been making money he wouldn't have come on to start with, but in theory if he came on and his console-centered strategy had worked they could have simply had him removed? Or was there no board of directors and he just bought the entire company somehow when he came in?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

If you have kids who want to be entrepreneurs, please be sure to show them this game.

Tell them this is everything you do not want to do.

It’s a lesson in how to screw up a sure thing.

I don't know, I think Gaz was a stellar success compared to APB. They got 100 million invested because they were gonna create essentially a Grand Theft Auto mmo then they made the most amazing character customization I'd ever seen and totally hosed up the actual game part of it, shutting down a month after launch.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Strange Matter posted:

If nothing else, Marvel Heroes introduced me to these two characters who just own so hard.

I had no clue who Squirrel Girl was until Marvel Heroes, and it turns out I actually own her first appearance. It was in some comic's annual issue that had an Art Adams cover with Wolverine so of course I bought it, but had multiple stories inside so I didn't bother reading the Squirrel Girl one or just didn't remember.

Edit: It was a quarterly Marvel Super-Heroes book and it was an Erik Larsen cover.

davebo fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 27, 2017

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
That spreadsheet seems flawed. I'm almost positive I didn't completely stop posting after the first thread?

On the up side, with Marvel Heroes gone I actually got some work done at home last night. I just don't see myself getting sucked into another massive timesink game like this. I think I'll just bounce around more superficial titles with a story mode.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Baby Proof posted:

It's just taken from the SALR top 30 poster stats, so you don't show up if you're not in the top 30 for the thread. I'm afraid that you couldn't keep up with the pace of meaningful posts and valuable content after the first thread.

My only mistake was playing Marvel Heroes too much. Now that the leaderboards are gone and all that remains is that spreadsheet, I should have devoted more time to the threads. I'll be sure to white noise post and emptyquote much more in the next Marvel Heroes thread!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

MikeCrotch posted:

Weren't you the guy who cosmiced wolverine and then made a new account so you could cosmic him again

If so your immortality is already guaranteed

TECHNICALLY I just registered an account for my friend Mike to play on when we were LAN gaming, and then one night another friend joined us so I made a third but never played again. So I had this account I was sitting on after all my heroes were red and figured why don't I just cosmic Wolverine again. Then Mike gave up on the game and I did the same on his account. That was back when Gaz was giving us coupon codes, so despite those two accounts being entirely free2play they had accumulated a lot of random boosts and free heroes.

Gibbering Madness posted:

Davebo plz post the wedding anniversary drawing commissioned from Etsy

Done. Hanging on the wall in our new house next to a frame with three graded comics. Incredible Hulk #181 (1st Wolverine), Giant-Size X-Men #1 (1st Colossus, Storm, Nightcrawler, 2nd Wolverine) and New Mutants #98 (1st Deadpool, soon to be replaced with a very lovely copy of X-Men #1)

Our cat is just as lovely in real life as Cyclops.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Soothing Vapors posted:

made your wife rogue instead of canon-appropriate jean? smdh

It was her gift to me so I didn't do nuthin! She liked Rogue in the 90's cartoon growing up, and she's from the south. I think it's plenty canon that Wolverine will bang just about anyone who'll give him the time of day.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Marvel Heroes really did a good job keeping my spending in check at 8 cents an hour. Now I've fallen in to a much much more expensive hobby I hope I can quit soon.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Kelp Plankton posted:

Disney said they're going to get an R rated Marvel sub-brand going for Deadpool and other future stuff, they're not going to leave potential money on the table

Yeah but it'll be a balancing act. With Deadpool you gotta just make it R, but with Logan I can see how they could have influenced that to get down to a PG-13 rating to maximize profits if it had been under the Disney umbrella. Especially if they try to bring Logan back to his 90's popularity levels. For all we know they could end up shoehorning him into the Avengers one day like the comics did.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

I've got this on display for the holidays:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Jusupov posted:

Sub 8 minute ultron has 0.02% completion. Very few achievements that low I imagine

Where do you find that data? When I go to the global achievement stats it just rounds everything at the bottom up to 0%

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

That sounds amusing, anywhere to read a breakdown of that or a rundown of what happened since I last played sometime around the olympics/hot dog events a few years ago?
Just trying to read through the thread and parsing through the spam seeing people mention the CEO was a pedophile.

Yeah the CEO had done crap like video taping young girls ballet classes and poo poo, but the reason it was shut down plain and simple is bad decisions led to them not making any money. Disney/Marvel are now accustomed to making shitloads of money and there's no incentive for them to let some company keep taking out loans to license their characters to make a game only 500 people play.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Looks like I just graduated.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I thought the graphics were decent considering how far away most of us had the camera. What was a waste was what good quality the character models were created in by the end, vs. what actually showed up in the game especially zoomed out. That's one area they really could have spent half the effort without anyone caring, vs. all the other corners they cut that were quite apparent.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Holyshoot posted:

i mean, a lot of early access games are complete poo poo so I kind of understand. I'd much prefer to wait till the game is done then play half finished garbage.

I think the implication was that upon "release" Marvel Heroes remained an Early Access tier title for another year or two.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I heard they brought back the original Jean Grey in the comics and now I really want to do her sig :(

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

BabyFur Denny posted:

This game is as dead as Wolverine

Wolverine has already returned in the comics, and apparently has an infinity stone.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
That game looks super depressing. It's all dark and filthy and I don't see a single Wolverine in it.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I maxed the Steam card badge long ago but never bothered with the silver foil ones. I see they're still going for over a dollar so screw that. Also, since he may have missed it last week in discord, I want to dedicate my new card to ICR the sun god.

Now how do I convert this to be Wolverine-themed?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Ugh, I still don't want to play dumb mobile games but that's probably enough to get me to try it if it's free.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I feel like my thousands of unused eternity splinters should carry over into any other game I decide to play.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Finally we get playable Thanos, but Gaz hosed up so bad he's in the wrong game and they retroactively stopped existing

Oh poo poo. Gaz was totally successful and we all kept enjoying the game and spending money until they eventually came out with Thanos raid where they made the mistake of giving him all six Infinity Gems, then he snapped his fingers and made Gaz stop existing six months prior. They were the game with the most number of superheroes in it so it was the easiest way for Thanos to remove any threat. If only they had made Adam Warlock playable maybe we could have stopped him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

thelazyblank posted:

they are literally buying the dead switch flipper from gaz's office

It's been half a year and no one has been feeding him.