Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I am most excited for all new all different fire mage kitty, because Mr. Gaz finally is finally admitting xhe doesn't understand secondary resources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Tom Gorman posted:

gonna take forever to re download because my internet is trash

I DO THIS OUT OF COMPASSION

*backflips down the street reducing a graffiti artist to protoplasm*
COMPASSION

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Lechtansi posted:

im wondering what the most :gaz: bug will be - teleporting with nightcrawler causes every NPC in the main hub to run in panic? I have no idea, but its going to be great.

Kitty can permanently phase out of the map and use her basic (but nothing else) while there, so she's completely invincible but does practically no damage.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Kelp Plankton posted:

Somehow my Squirrel Girl costume core thing got lost in the big item shuffle. And I think one or two other characters are missing their's too.

We're gonna need a lot of build info dumps, also. Gonna request Squirrel Girl, Spidey, Doom, and Loki if anyone knows what the hell to do with those.

Energetic Squirrel has an S Tier Sound Effect and should be the basis of any build.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I tried Hawkeye last night but I couldn't get her dash to work. It was just perpetually greyed out.

Rip Alan Alda you'll never be Thick Tier in this game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
As opposed to the past Literally Always

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Finally all my stupid mzzees and fatsuits have a purpose as I run around clobbering people with diamond fists and like +240% stat passive bonus damage

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

your emma is wearing a fatsuit?? shameful

Yeah I should've turned them all into VICE RECIPES

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

I have no idea what I'm doing but I will be the most durable so help me god

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Toshimo posted:

For those of you with 40+ in your primaries, are you getting these primarily from Infinity points, or am I missing something entirely, because my stuff is basically in the high teens and my DPS/survivability seem anemic in cosmics.

Girdle has 4 str/dur, Mzee has 5 each, Emmas gloves have 4 each, fatsuit has 4 dur, challenge bonus on every slot is 5 more, 3 more on your core, 3 more on your pet, etc. It adds up quick.

Hope you kept all your thunder belts and frost girdles and stupid poo poo you definitely didn't keep.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 22, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I forgot how much story dialog there actually is. Angela Laura Bailey The Boss just has no goddamn chill.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Lol if you thought an x-manz character was going to be allowed to be good.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Gonna have to sacrifice that ~3% brute chance from omeggles and miss out on that sick damage that's a modifier of a chance of ANOTHER modifier of ANOTHER chance of ANOTHER modifier (with regards to attack speed). What a loss.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Doreen is a college freshmen which might be one of the stupidest groups of people on the planet so I find this lore accurate.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Emma is str/dur though unless you play her wrong.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Mmm, look at that health bar jump. Just need to get like two of those in a row.

http://i.imgur.com/n9LDcgQ.gifv

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Sion posted:

step 1 - stand in melee range

+25% damage in melee range is no joke!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I've spent the last four hours examining my VHS copy of Night of the Sentinels for sunglasses comparison and I've got a 30 page treatise ready on the matter

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Belgian Waffle posted:

I cosmic prestiged squirrel girl. Did I mess up?

I have a cosmic doreen and I aren't have brain damage at all.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Ghost of Starman posted:

First one, then t'other.

Specifically, I went in with an untested all-Ranged build by accident, which seemed to be doing fine until I suddenly realized there was a time limit and I'd passed it. :(
Then I switched back to my Melee set-up, and got owned by Madame Cobra (~90% of the time), swarms of goons (5%), or ran out time again (5%) over the course of about 20 attempts. I've tried mixing and matching a lot of feats and powers, but I'm hoping someone has suggestions for something I might be missing.

Post your items, especially your core.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Ghost of Starman posted:

Zigg, Taskmaster's Guide, Crossbone's Credentials, ACCoC (w/ Hela, Volstagg, Balder, Odin)
Grim Reaper medal (417 physical, 292/914 BS/BD)
Rank 4 Gungnir
Lvl 60 Uniques (except for Slot 4 with a Fighting 3, Durability 4 Aunt May's Cane [it seems to be at least as good as his Unique])
Insignia of Hulk (Att Spd / Brutal Strike)
Core is...
1.8 % less from Area damage
+186 Physical Damage Rating
Cosmic: 50% health Damage Shield
4 CDR affixes (337 + 640 + 1,112 + 1606)

Is that enough to be useful?

I got a lot closer with my latest set-up (finally got past Madame Hydra, still got owned by Skull):
Spiked Gauntlets + Combat Maneuvers + Angelwing Attack Run + Cestus Uppercut + Justice From Above + Gruesome Frenzy + Avatar Of Vengeance + Truncheon Ricochet
w/ talents 1-3-3-2-1

I mean it's really for people that have lvl 66/69 uniques, the i80 legendaries (I'm guessing that's the babby legendary), etc.
You really need the 25% medkit proc on your core. LoH if you can get it too.
800 Def Uru / Runeword
A level 60 Teamup out with medkit heals them equipment
As many relics of Atlantis as you have.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Kheldarn posted:

Just to see how things came out, I sorted the characters by their first listed Attribute. There are no characters who list Intelligence first. There are also no characters who list Durability second.

Yes, they display in the same order that stats have always been listed in so there is in fact no stat before Durability or after Intelligence.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Kick anyone who plays Hanky Mccoy

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Cease to Hope posted:

okay so how do you make cyclops not boring and awful

Well comic books haven't managed to do it in 50+ years so let them know if you find a way?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Mover posted:

I've been noticing that recent team-ups have very well done but also very visually intrusive and dramatic VFX that shows up even if you have allied powers turned off. I wonder if that's part of the plan to get ppl to buy more vanity team ups, so they can't ignore you. Jubilee does look good though.

Remember when they were like YOU CAN"T HAVE THAT MANY VISUALS ON YOUR CORE AT ONCE THE GAME WILL CRASH.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I like that that's Comically[sic] Sabretooth's but my hook is Black Cat's Cosmically. So there's just no standard naming convention.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Did you count out Touchdown Tom?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I have a stack of 50 Balloon Animal consumable things but they don't go in the new equip slot. Game ded, 1 out of 10.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Is Steven Q. Rogers canonically better at fighting than he is strong? Or stronger than he is skilled at fighting? That's really the only question you should be asking.

Anyone using non-canon attribute distributions will be kicked, tia.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It's clearly Batman Begins.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Lozareth posted:

I did an extremely lazy spreadsheet of TTK times so I can more easily see who needs a TTK:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LjM0TVdsl23CB5R15nVkIwSaZ70gVOnOVtSX1St2lN8/edit#gid=0

If the TTK community can stop calling this test temporary until MH settles down and I'm still playing by then, I'll turn it into a detailed spreadsheet once again.

I want to hear more from the person in the thread that claimed they can't get less than 10 minutes.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
This is his origin story, when he was only the lesser Aluminum Fist.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Oh man it's going to be YELLOW WEEK again.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Other posted:

Actually Captain Marvel is Billy Batson

No the Wizard is Captain Marvel. You're probably thinking of Captain Marvel's Monster.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
In just 4 minutes you could heal up an average hp character if nothing else hits you though

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I'm getting better xp per real time spent by just circling around the areas in Chapter 9 where tons of enemies spawn and holding down an aoe skill/picking up green orbs than I am by doing legendary terminal quests + chest.

It's probably a worse use of boost time though just because it's always running as you hang out there as opposed booking through legendaries and heading back to hubs to reroll.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 11, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Probably the easiest and yet worst cosmic I've done. Easiest because her crashdown is free so you literally just sit in Chapter 9 and hold it down and get like a level every 10 minutes or whatever. Worst because that's beyond loving boring.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Instead of playing more today I went to see John Wick 2. I would recommend it over playing if you get the chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
But half the cast that has some variation of Maximum Spider won't get stuck in it forever now