Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

we're back baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Too Shy Guy posted:

Just got a notification from the Steam group and wanted to see what's up cause I thought Kelp died years ago.

i was wondering if that was actually going to get seen by anyone or not

unfortunately im not dead

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Somehow my Squirrel Girl costume core thing got lost in the big item shuffle. And I think one or two other characters are missing their's too.

We're gonna need a lot of build info dumps, also. Gonna request Squirrel Girl, Spidey, Doom, and Loki if anyone knows what the hell to do with those.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

so how many months will it be until the gear update patch when we can actually bother regearing all our characters

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

malhavok posted:

This is going to end GoKs as currency.

Cosmic GoK

Gimme the CoK

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Lux Aeterna posted:

If it doesn't have crit or brut it's not getting equipped in the current gearing meta- signet aside.

None of those new artis are going to be bis

um the wizard hat lets you summon Wizard its BIS

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Lux Aeterna posted:

Half the summon duration is going to be him swirling on the screen not shutting up

That's why it's best in slot

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

jubilee should have been playable and beast should have been a team-up

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

so when does this game get devil dinosaur?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ICR you shouldnt remove the link to the discord

just because the marvel heroes discord isnt for marvel heroes doesnt mean its not for marvel heroes

but yeah people should ask for guild invites in the thread not the discord

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Sounds like they had to sneak in Summoner Fury via talents since Marvel wouldn't let them do it normally

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mover posted:

ey yo nick got that michael jackson disease, that's rough my man

they had to make him white so Asros would stop constantly spouting racial slurs

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Giedroyc posted:

People who played City of Heroes are barely above those that play Future Fight.

In fact they're worse because they keep trying to kickstart their own silly little reimaginations of the game which all fail. Rather hilariously.

Kelp's still not leader right?

youre banned from my spiritual successor to city of heroes, titled Heroes of the City, and you will never get to meet the very original main character Captain USA and do tasks for him

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kainser posted:

I miss the disagree button on the oforums, you don't get people claiming that disagreeing on their build post is like insulting their child anymore.

this is really what killed the game

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The console versions of MH will individually make more money than the PC version of MH has ever made, easily. Licenced F2P multiplayer stuff on consoles like this serves an audience that right now only has DCUO, which is nowhere near as enjoyable a game as MH is to be totally honest.

If Gazillion needed to salvage this game they made the right move, this should give them two additional solid-sized playerbases on PS4 and Xbox One and good additional income streams from audiences they weren't really able to tap into before. Will It work 100% and fix everything and save the game forever and etc? I dunno but it will be good for the game for sure

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Holyshoot posted:

why ps4? Wouldnt xbox be easier because of dx11.

its coming to both

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

MH having local co-op on consoles is like an actual really good thing to have and probably instantly means a lot of people streaming the console versions on twitch or doing LPs on youtube or whatever just because you can have multiple people playing a thing and the roster's so big you can do weird teamups all the time

I also like the new UI

i dont think its going to get me to play the game again or anything but hey its nice stuff

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I can't believe the PC version of the game got Exclusive Bonus Heroes The Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer, what a great benefit Gazillion has granted us as loyal Marvel Heroes loyalists for our loyalty

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Marvel Heroes has a ton of problems if youre a crazy endgame grind person but lets be real, its going to be a lot of fun on the console version to play the story mode with friends even with the smaller roster compared to the PC version. Especially for people who didn't play the PC version at all and don't know they're missing out on a bunch of characters and stuff

It's Ultimate Alliance with more characters, more powers, more build options, more interesting gearing, and a shared world. the only problem it has from a normal person's standpoint is there's no local four player co-op

If I hadn't already played over 1500 hours on the PC version I'd be hyped as hell for the console release

any new console (or even PC) people who are being scared away by the hardcore folks from giving the game a try: we are all crazy, you will never even encounter the issues we're bothered by, you will probably like the game a lot and should give it a shot.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ghostlight posted:

Weird how iconic Fantastic Four ally The Watcher and iconic Fantastic Four villain Doctor Doom are in the intro but none of the Fantastic Four bothered to show up for the game.

they're busy not having a comic book series or appearing in any movies or merchandise

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kainser posted:

The way that local co-op works on the console is that you essentially share the main account, you are using and leveling the heroes unlocked on that account and all loot goes to it.

Which I guess should be fine if you are just casually punching things as a new player.

you can cosmic two characters at once

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

My favorite content was the time they made everyone move slower, really added a lot of content

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I want to play as tiny Groot, he's cute as hell. It's a crime there's no new playable GotG people for the new movie release

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm impressed they're not even making their own artwork for sprays anymore, just low res comic titles. Great

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Sprays would be fun if they stick around for like an hour or two. Or even ten minutes. Instead they're gone after 2 seconds so who gives a poo poo

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Test Pattern posted:

So the voice of the thread seems to be "bad and dead" but I somehow only just found out about the game and am enjoying my first few days playing. I suspect that I will come to agree with the thread if I ever get to end game stuff, but for now I'm enjoying clicking ninjas and hearing Danny promise not to punch Lockheed in the heart.

Any advice on things to do/not do or is everything meaningless and replaceable/correctable until I'm raiding at double-cosmic and sitting on a hoard of all 15 types of currency?

the game is good and a lot of fun, but 'dead' is probably kind of accurate. unless things change a lot with the console release, the PC playerbase has been dropping off a lot over the past year and a half because there's not been enough new stuff to sustain old players.

but as a new player, you've got plenty of stuff you can have fun with and a really huge roster you can use for it all. the game that's here is fun, especially if you're playing it kind of casually. but yeah like you said once you get deep into endgame you'll get tired of speedrunning the same things over and over to get better gear so you can use it for nothing. theres a lot to enjoy before that point though

as for stuff to do or not do, spending eternity splinters on the 'random hero' token can be fun if you dont know who to play as, but if theres someone specific you really want just save up for them. it wont take too long to get them.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

looking forward to the timeline that lets us know when they'll be sharing their delayed timeline with us

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Is there any word if the ps4 version will be cross compatable with pc goons?
I know my account with every character up to 6 or so months ago at level 60 plus ungodly whaling won't migrate but i still haven't replaced my pc and wanna run with goons

They are entirely seperate games

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

cams posted:

true. once the game is out and my semester is over i'll try to stream more for you

asros just said on his stream that they have no further patches for closed beta planned lol

he actually meant theres no more patches planned for the game, either of them, ever

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Cease to Hope posted:

this is your periodic reminder that glassdoor does basically zero verification on reviews so that could just as easily be a disgruntled player

It was me

The twist: I'm Doomsaw

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

why aren't they turning Falcon into a playable yet

He's got more than 2 trees worth of skills across his team up variants and he's supremely recognizable now

Just do the lazy thing and crank him out, he's mostly done already. With multiple costumes even

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Superterranean posted:

read the first page, started the download. skipped to the last page, now considering stopping the download. Is this just the normal bitching, or The Game Is Bad Now Again?

we all hate the game because we liked it too much and it ruined our lives, whining is all we have left

you should download it and become like we are, good game

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

thats the difference between me and a cosmic today. i had a lot more costumes when i quit playing

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Why are none of the villains in the PS4 beta? I wanted to try out Ultron and Doom.

they're probably saving them all for a future villain-themed update where they all get added at once or something. they know people wont shut up about asking for playable villains until they get them

probably release them all alongside Carnage

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Character pricing on PC was done with the intent that there would be one new character a month to blow your splinters on, which they know isn't going to be true on consoles, so rather than reduce the splinter drop rate in the console version (which would cause people to riot) they just made everything cost more splinters

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Is this Omega yet or

Still more of an alpha

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm glad everyone will pick Squirrel Girl as their starting hero now, because they have no other choice

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Superpro at last.......

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I always liked that Combo Man's skull-star hybrid chest symbol looked like an angry tooth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

That's a cool idea if you have no budget to make and animate a new character and also just want to reuse a bunch of existing VFX work and not hire a voice actor and also basically make everyone disappointed

Can't wait until it's a playable character