Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Is Squirrel Girl good yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
So this is the first time actually playing in like four months. I spent like 3 hours last night just working on my inventory problems and stuff. Couple questions:

1. Is it still All Hela, All the Time as far as blessings are concerned?
2. Since everything is now based around Stats, is the easiest way to gear now just load in whatever stuff gives you the most + to your two Archetype stats?

Star-Lord seems fun now, I think I'll go and prestige him.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Overminty posted:

And yeah gearing around your archetype seems to be the way to go so far. Some of the old all hero artifacts have very high bonuses.
No kidding; my wife had the smuggest look on her face since she had a stash full of formerly useless Any-Hero uniques that now have insane stat bonuses.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I played a bunch of Star-Lord and am having more trouble finding a bad build for him, than I did finding 3 good builds for him: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806314&pagenumber=17&perpage=40#post468744002
Air + Elemental Barrage is hilarious in Patrol Zones. Just waggle your mouse in the direction of some big group of enemies and they all melt.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
What artifacts should I be putting on Thing now that everything is different?

Currently rolling with GOK/SWGN/AdvCirclet/Tanya's Love Letter

What should I be obsessively grinding to no return to not needing to log in anymore?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Toshimo posted:

Can anyone thing of a way to generate some extra Hard Knocks? Would DoTs from procs work?
I've pretty consistently stayed in Clobbering Time for the duration of most boss waves in CMMT, so I'm not sure if this is really that much of a problem, is it?

Also Slab of Subterranea is suuuuper tempting for Thing.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
My wife and I recently started playing again on Mondays to try out new stuff.

First time we started this up we didn't actually play, since she spent about 2 and a half hours reorganizing her inventory and stash.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Thing is actually extremely fun and good and has great voice acting and cool powers like running around Cosmic Midtown in an invincible hamsterball and riding a flying washing machine.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Said the Pope to Galileo.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Is there a playlist with Arboc and Mr. 69's videos? I need it so salve my soul.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Man even though I haven't logged into this game in like 8 months I'm still kinda bittersweet right now.

I started playing MH when my now-wife and I were dating long distance. Back then it took like a year to grind up your first hero from 1 to 60. She was Storm and I was Thing. At around level 45 I bought her Storm's chase costume as a gift (I got Thingcognito). I remember when we finally hit 60 and it was the most triumphant thing ever.

then we moved on to the Captains Marvel and America and she fell in love with Carol. She'd eventually take her to Cosmic, along the way amassing almost all of her costumes through the Grinder, except the Mar-Vell costume which she got from an honest-to-god Drop. I remember I was out of the house and she was playing and she called me up to say that it fell.

I've always been adjacent to Groot Force but for us it was a game that we could chill out with together. Sometimes we'd put on some TV in the background and kind of pay half-attention to both games. I remember when the Cake Fountain was discovered and we were hitting there so hard that my computer was starting to get hot.

All those moments, lost, like tears in the rain...

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

cams posted:

the insane item inflation on pc was why i had so much hope for a "new start" on console. the pc version was never going to roll back the insane amount of bullshit. i remember playing during some event during midtown madness and actively being bored having to click through so much bullshit on the ground, then having to spend so much time sorting it.

i know people see this game in beta/release with rose colored glasses, but this game was legit loving garbage for a long time after it was released, and it was legitimately amazing to see how much the staff improved the game during its "golden age." i think part of what made the game so impactful, for me at least, was seeing it improve so much month by month. there was a year and a half there where the game went from a sloppy, aimless heap to a legitimately great video game.

raids were a mistake, rip marvel heroes
Just wondering, what period would we all classify as the game's Golden Age? What was their peak of creativity?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Humerus posted:

I feel if the game launched with an actual way to earn heroes without cash it would have been more successful and not have had a huge exodus of people who left and never came back.
Or maybe not, because then people wouldn't have paid $20 for the privilege of playing Iron Man, and Gaz would have been broke from the start. It was always a weird business model, really. In games like PoE or hell, Guild Wars 2, you can buy those $5 sword skins or a new mount or something. With Marvel Heroes, when I bought SG's aviator outfit I had no need to buy anything else for her. Same with Captain Marvel, I bought her original appearance costume on like Day 1 and never spent another dime (on her).

I'm not sure how much money I spent. Probably around $200. Steam says $40 but I did most of my purchasing back before it was on Steam, not to mention the packs from before the release. I think my time played on Steam was a little over 400 hours, but even after it was on Steam I kept using the standalone launcher for a while. So maybe like...500? 550?

Long live Ms. Marvel Captain Marvel, queen of punching poo poo.

Never cosmiced anyone either, even though I was tempted to do so with Captain Marvel and/or Squirrel Girl.
If nothing else, Marvel Heroes introduced me to these two characters who just own so hard.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
When Gaz did Things 52 Review, a lot of the ideas were strongly reminiscent of an effort post I'd done like a year earlier on the o'Forums, so I guess that's something I was kind of proud about.

My legacy...

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Disney is moving ahead with plans to buy all of Fox's content, which I guess would include X-Men/FF.

The mutants we could have had...

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Kheldarn posted:

Unkillable Thing, thanks to Let's Roll, Suzie!.
I had to wait soooo long for Thing's 52 Review, and I was shocked when it actually turned out kind of awesome.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
My most cherished memories of Marvel Heroes is my wife and I grinding Cosmic Midtown while listening to Loveline or Star Trek: Voyager in the background. Loveline made the grinding more enjoyable, and grinding made Voyager mildly tolerable.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
My wife and I were talking about how much we miss this stupid game.

My greatest regret is that we never got any kind of Guardians of the Galaxy content. Ever since the notion of more Patrol Areas came up I was hoping for a Xandar or Knowhere Patrol but instead we got nothing.

What a complete waste of a property.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Shine posted:

I miss Thingcognito.
Thing was my one and only Cosmic and I loved every minute of it.

I used to post on the Thing board and a fair number of the ideas I posted about wound up appearing in the 52 review, for which I am inordinately proud.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

McSpanky posted:

Eventually your hand will turn gold and it'll all have been worth it

The only costume worth buying.
When I would Prestige Thing I'd use his black jersey costume for levelling and then switch to Thingcognitio as a tasty reward.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I remember when Star-Lord came out and I loved Guardians so much that I was thinking "boy I could definitely see myself cosmicing him"

Thankfully the sheen wore off there.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I definitely remember them having to patch the headphones.

In retrospect, were the Variant Costumes the first indication that they were going creatively (and then soon after materially) bankrupt?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Is Arboc's Bucky video still in the ether somewhere? I just rewatched Winter Soldier last night and now I need nothing more than to see it.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Man, the Doop was so cool the first time you play through story-mode.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

bagrada posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Captain Marvel trailer is out and I feel like cosmic haymakering some skrulls with her in marvel heroes right now. She was my best tank in AvAc before I quit that, and is my go to team leader for Cable in Future Fight, but it's just not the same without crashdown strike. Bummed I only ever got her to blue. My only cosmic 60 was Colossus though I started Black Widow and lost interest when the shutdown was announced.
It's remarkable how satisfying Carol was to play. She had so many powers that just felt so good and solid to use. The only problem I have with that trailer is that she doesn't seem nearly as awesome as she did in this dumb game.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Zigmidge posted:

Danvers is either on the long road of the next MCU 10 year plan and they're starting her off small with her powers or lmao she dies in avengers 4
Honestly if that is the plan then Brie Larson better up her game in the film from that trailer because she looks extremely :geno:

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

cams posted:

captain marvel, doctor strange, black panther, bucky cap, and hopefully "taika waititi presents: thor" are your second wave of marvel.
This would own unironically.

Also Riri Williams as Ironheart. Her comic is dumb but as the idea it's good.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
God I miss this dumb game

why couldn't there be a legacy server somewhere

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Greatest moment in the game for me was playing Thing as my main character for like two years with only the most meager QOL adjustments, and then he gets like the very last 52 Review and it turned out to be everything I could have ever wanted. Playing Post-52 Thing was pure joy.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Shine posted:

Thing's rework was so loving good. Tossing hot dog carts and manhole covers and shouting the catchphrase of his abusive older brother and that movie was so bad.
I will go to my grave assured that many of the Thing 52 Review improvements were based on ideas that I had posted on the O-Forums. I left my mark on that dumb game, dagnabbit

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Adult Sword Owner posted:

they made Hawkeye cool for once and fat Thor relatable and I am just mad they they couldnt be assed to name his daughter Kate as a cool and good fan reference
Disney has said of the Hawkeye series on their streaming service that it's about him and Kate Bishop, so that would seem to be unnecessary.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I was talking to some dudes in a Discord I'm in and was regailing them with tales of Marvel Heroes madness. What are everyone's favorite examples of Gazquality? They got a kick out of Squirrel Girl's squirrelbones.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Zaodai posted:

Removing bosses from the game but not removing the quests that required you to kill those bosses.
Ha ha when did that happen, I don't remember that.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Ya'll should be watching the Nintendo Treehouse Stream, they're showing Marvel Ultimate Alliance and it looks quite a bit like Marvel Heroes.

link

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

DLC Inc posted:

no grab attack anymore
Are we sure no-one from Gaz is working on this game?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Did I read correctly that they get a light attack, a heavy attack and a synergy attack and that’s it?
In Avengers or MUA3? Because MUA3 definitely has special attacks.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I've been enjoying it but it's no Marvel Heroes. Really the biggest take away I've found from it is that I really miss this dumb game.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
The main takeaway is that MUA3, while advertising itself as an Action RPG is really heavy on the action and light on the RPG. Plus the camera is astoundingly terrible and when you're fighting 25 dudes with three buddies all using powers simultaneously it becomes impossible to consciously control what's going on. Moreso than it ever was in Marvel Heroes.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Marketed Gum posted:

Had this bad boy drop during MM on the private server yesterday.

Still looking for a 200/200/800/800 GOK, hit me up for a trade.
This joke honestly breaks my heart a little each time I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
"This is good, but it's no Eye of Agamotto"

--Dr. Strange, upon picking up the Eye of Agamotto.