Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Lozareth posted:

Because making the game would make even more money if it isn't all Gazzed up.

too much of a risk when they got the easy money movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

As long as they reuse the "I should've stayed at Google" death rattle.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

D3 actually took the crown after years of hard work. It has been the best ARPG for a few years.

:thunk:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
If only it took longer then a day to get your best in slot gear and there was more to do then greater rifts. Oh and also having more then one spec per class would be nice. Good thing there's path of exile.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Zaodai posted:

Even in that regard Diablo 3 is poo poo compared to Diablo 2. In D2 you could acquire wealth, to some extent, as a player. You could increase your overall power by what you could afford to acquire from the community, and that gave you options for building a character. In Diablo 3, you just farm on a character for slightly better gear for that character. You can't take your so-so drops and barter them out to try and get a mid rune, and then take those mid runes and get a high rune and use that to get some nice piece of gear for one of your alts. You can't even really find gear for alts. They're all independent, unrelated characters to both your other characters and the rest of the community. It also means that 99.9% of everything that drops has value only for what crafting materials it breaks down into, so the drops are meaningless, and the ones that are upgrades are generally going to be "that exact same item, but slightly better."

For me personally, it leaves no sense of accomplishment or feeling of progression. Seeing the numbers on my gear go from 1.1 million to 1.2 million doesn't feel like an upgrade, nor does being able to now clear a GR 70 in 1:10 instead of 1:15.

Play path of exile if you want a sense of progression in your arpg. You go from pooping on the beach while walking to doom teleporting across the map.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

malhavok posted:

I cannot describe Marvel Heroes to someone who never played it in a way that makes it sound like a good game, but it completely ruined games like PoE for me. I simply can't force myself to keep trying that game, it feels SO bad and unfun to actually play the game that none of their amazing systems even matter. That's what MH had going for it, you felt like a god drat super hero the entire time you played it.

Sounds like mh is for people who want game shark on 24/7?

I put about 300 hours into mh and stopped like 6 months before it closed. Got bored cause there was no challenge outside of the cosmic trial and cosmic mm. I also never felt character progression in the game. Went from nothing to op as poo poo in an hour. For my stupid mmo brain that doesn't work. I need to feel the progression and then get to that "i'm op as poo poo point" in a bit larger curve instead of an elevator.
I also didn't find seeing how fast I can kill a target dummy as good end game.

I am glad there's two good arpgs out now for two completely different tastes. You have diablo for people who just want to jump in and punch things. Then you have poe for those who want a more complex longer lasting game. It does suck there's no super hero version of diablo for you mh fans.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Autism vs Disney Lawyers sounds like a Blob vs Juggernaut matchup.

Put it in Russia like all the other private servers. Disney can't do poo poo.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Drythe posted:

lol public domain and disney

my man they made congress change the law just so mickey wouldn’t go into public domain.
what do you think will happen with marvel

I would like to know more.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

So in 2024 I can download legal copies of micky mouse that Walt Disney drew when he still publically hated Jewish people?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

My god. I knew ICR kept us together for a reason

mods rename title and we can just keep on trucking

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Grinning Goblin posted:

Aren't people going to question why the MUA3 thread existed nearly 2 years before the announcement date and why there are over 8000 posts about some weird gaz company?

makes it even better

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Deakul posted:

I guess it's finally time for me to buy a switch, maybe with my tax returns.

Taking game recommendations now.

Diablo 3.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Playing this build currently(not me in the video) and this is about as close as I think you can get to pre movement speed nerf marvel heroes. Gotta be rich to afford it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x58BLkEp6LM&t=41s

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Sea Lily posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYYtuKyMtY8

wow, im looking forward to playing as mysterio when they add him to MH as the tie-in character for this movie

oh wait

oh no

come back, marvel heroes......

This is after the final avengers right? Surprised they are doing previews for movies occurring after it this early.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Estel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PLqjNCtFTU

This guy usually makes good videos about the death of games and made one about Marvel Heroes.

This Was a pretty bad analysis as it focused mainly on how stupid gaz was and less why people stopped playing. Had people still played the rapist ceo wouldn't have mattered and they would have got the contract renewed.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

RosaParksOfDip posted:

The thousands? What kind of loser would have put that much time into this poo poo game. Oh...

Shame that number is. One number past perfect.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

FranktheBank posted:

Imagine the costumes we would have gotten for Infinity War and Endgame. Imagine the new raid of killing Thanos.

Imagine icr suggesting to us to play a video game that doesn't turn into trash in a month.

Love you icr

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

If it’s who I think it is, he had very brave ideas for the characters, all of which would get crushed by other idiot O posters. Like, long, awful posts with poo poo like “make Silver Surger has laser beams coume out of his eyes and use mana and health pot for comsnune and then have new resource very new resources!! where he can zip and zag through continents in the game, ok?”

He called Galactus as a raid boss and said “put Guillermo in the game” or some poo poo. He rocked.

:vince:

Post more about this glorious glorious person.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I have attempted to get into Grim Dawn about five times and find it too slow and arduous with not enough progression. Maybe it's the Marvel Heroes/Diablo 3 ADHD but I can't loving stand Grim Dawn. I also think it controls and feels the same way, an arduous, cumbersome title from 2002.

What am I doing wrong? I want to play it and love it but I loving hate it.

Probably your d3 adhd.

Diablo 3 Is a good game if you're cool with it having the play time of a call of duty single player campaign.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Apr 15, 2019

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Adult Sword Owner posted:

> deciding the worth of an online Skinner box game by the length of the single player campaign that nobody wants to actually play because the story invariably sucks

:wrong: I wasn't talking about the campaign at all. you can get all geared out and nothing left to do but higher greater rifts in the same amount of time I can get through a cod campaign. 12-20 hours. Idk about you but an arpg is supposed to have way more staying power then that.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I'm willing to entertain that it's in large part due to it, but I also found that having to do inventory tetris as well as look at dozens of stats by hand in that game's not-very-good-at-all interface made it more cumbersome than it was worth.

I've seen videos/gifs in the Grim Dawn thread of extremely powerful builds doing amazing things but, just like PoE, it appears as though that's late game only and you have to suffer through a slog to get to it.

Yea, you aren't going to have all the knowlege or gear to do a crazy build right away. But not everyone wants to be an invincible walking God as soon as they boot up the game like diablo 3 players.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Zigmidge posted:

The Diablo 3 experience:

Game purchased.
Log on with friends.
Friends are level bajillion.
See the entirety of Diablo 3s content in eight seconds.
Uninstall.

Pretty much this.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

An ARPG should have an endgame. Nobody is saying that D3 has a real endgame unless you like pushing extreme levels of grifts and that's weird.

The main issue is this:

The leveling experience in Grim Dawn makes me feel like I'm no powerful than any given NPC. I'm constantly about to die in anything more than a group of randomly weaker enemies, because apparently some enemies can take me down when it's two of them, but I can take 10 of other enemies without any issue, but hell if they'll give me any feedback as to what the gently caress is happening. I have about 30 hours into a Druid at 41 and every fight, every encounter feels like complete guesswork RNG; I've followed every guide and recommendation that deals with leveling and it's always "just buff life regeneration/increases" and it's a huge slog, and I don't feel powerful or like I'm having fun, I'm just pushing through with the assumption that "when I get gear it'll be worth it"

I just don't see how Veteran can be this punishing, and I don't see how further difficulties are playable at all since this is barely playable.

D3 has a short gameplay cycle that resets but also, I really don't have time to devote all these hours into trying to play a drat video game, so I can't help but find it more attractive.

e: ok guess my 20 years of ARPG experience means nothing because turning off Veteran Mode makes this actually fun to play

Those are valid gripes. But then why do you poo poo on poe? Unless you're that loving idiot from ign even someone who has little arpg experience can get to end game in 20-30 hours. For you probably quicker. And there's a poo poo load of end game.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Getting real work is hard these days for squirrel girls squirrels.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Majin posted:

Ok is this drat thing going to get an unofficial server too in the wake of this CoH drama? I never explored this game as much as I wanted to and I drat well want to now.

Get on it goons!

No. Because Disney is loving God x10000 compared to NC soft. They probably have more lawyers then ncsoft has people working there.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Kind of mad thanos finger snap didn’t take out enough people to make fortnight die.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

This is making me want to buy a switch but I have used my Xbone and WiiU for about 20 minutes combined so not sure that I am good at consoles

im terrible at consoles as well but switch is good, and Pokemon is in November made FOR THE SWITCH if thats your thing.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

I shoulda stayed at Google

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Gazz still getting poo poo on lol. Game companies that have horrible working conditions like crunch time etc. This was a recent episode as well.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Can I play as one of those guys who shouldn't have left google?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I saw that and it looked absolutely awful visually. It was so off putting I will likely skip it completely if it releases looking like that.

Shame because after Marvel Heroes died I felt like D3 was the absolute super bestest ARPG.

Lol

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Somehow this games login got set as my only favorite on my password manager. I shall never remove it and never add another. :911:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
What were the henchman's random lines they would shout? I haven't played starwars heroes since beta.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

802.11weed posted:

Disney Heroes 2021, with playable mickey, c3p0, silver surfer —join now and teamup against the evil emperor

Final boss is anti semitic Walt Disney.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Never yellowed

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

pokchu posted:

I still remember the stories of ICR going to 7-11 to buy steam gift cards with cash and using those to buy Gazbucks in order to hide the marvel heroes expenditures from the wife.

and then me doing the same thing

What was the excuse to your wife for spending hundreds of dollars at a gas station? Lmao

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

BabyFur Denny posted:

I think the most competent thing that Gaz did in its whole lifetime was managing to not leak the server code to the public. I didn't believe they would have that in them

Has there been a game made after 2010 that's had a private server spun up or an aprg? Also I'm sure Disney made sure this wouldn't happen by sending in competent people to take care of it.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Never orange

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

The thing Marvel Heroes captured which no other ARPG has before or since is the wild diversity characters. They basically took the LoL/DotA model of heroes and grafted it onto an ARPG with the added bonus that the Marvel universe is an endless well of inspiration for new additions.

Like, imagine if a Diablo game had 70 classes instead of five or six. It doesn't matter that there's zero balance because there are so many options a player is bound to find a few they enjoy. I'm legit kind of shocked how rarely that concept gets pulled out and put into games that aren't MOBAs cause it's a drat good one.

To be fair. Path of exile has this but it's tied into gems and they actually try to balance them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Humerus posted:

This was one of the more ridiculous things that happened but also one of the coolest. Like how many other devs would entertain that idea?

None because they have a proper password reset system unlike marvel heroes.