Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Wow, this game no longer runs like rear end on my computer. Awesome. I have no idea how any of the characters I 60'd a year ago play now, though. Any tips for punisher/winter soldier/star lord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
RIP this dumb game, it was fun to re download it every few months when I felt like getting drunk and melting mooks as The Punisher.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ndub posted:

some people just prefer the simplicity of the latter

I really liked being able to play MH drunk as a lord and both not die and get lootsplosions while using some of my favorite superheroes as PC's. PoE is too technical and if I got whiskeyed up and spent skill points I might end up regretting it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ndub posted:

you cannot and have never been able to cash-buy a full respec, legitimately anyway

poe is about making mistakes, learning from them, and doing better next time

if you have trouble committing to temporary decisions in a video game that resets every couple months, there's always marvel future fight

Oh, and I hate my video games resetting every few months.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I miss this game because I could play it while blind drunk and still actually function.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Erdricks posted:

For how autistic the community was, you'd think someone would have managed to pull off an emulated server :(

Autism vs Disney Lawyers sounds like a Blob vs Juggernaut matchup.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
When did the servers go down? It’s gotta be coming up on the one year mark, right?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Saint Freak posted:

Is poe the one people pitch as 'the first dozen characters or so you make are going to suck but you'll have fun someday eventually'?

Yes. PoE is pretty bad.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Deakul posted:

dude fuckin same

real talk I've been in such a bad place mentally these days and MH's colorful everything and satisfying combat used to help me a lot and i have nothing to fill that void.

Dark and dismal ARPGs are all there are.

Diablo 3 would work if I didn't play it to death and the Torchlight games are poo poo and Van Helsing sucks in every regard but its theme.

Where the cartoony ARPGs at? :smith:

The fact that this game was completely brain dead made it the best stress ball after a lovely day.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I can't believe none of the devs were disgruntled enough to leak the code so we can have an emu server.

They were gonna, some body just kept forgetting to flip the switch to release the code.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I have not found a better Netflix/podcast game yet. I miss this stupid loving game.

I loved how it was playable as long as you had two brain cells to spare. I pretty much would just right click with my punishers machine gun skill and watch the lootsplosions.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Zaodai posted:

Yes, I realize this is the Marvel Heroes thread so we're used to some jank but :staredog:

Having the Marvel characters went a long way in terms of me being willing to overlook some jank. When it's just some MOBA dudes the mediocrity really stands out.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I love how this thread has outlived the game by two years at this point.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Shine posted:

MH was the best lovely game ICR ever tricked goons into playing.

Marvel Future Fight is the worst.

MH was way more fun than Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 was, at least. God that game was a giant disappointment.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

reignonyourparade posted:

Because there was nothing quite like it and we just can't quite let go.

It was so fun and so brain dead. I could either actually play and work towards a build, or I could get shithammered after a long day and run around midtown splatting a bunch of comic book villains while pretty colors flew around everywhere.

God drat do I want another game like this. Especially after MUA3 sucked really hard.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

PrinnySquadron posted:

I still had so many goddamn buffs and boosters going that I don't think they could have ever ran out.

Same. I used to google promo codes every few days and I had so much poo poo stacked up that I’m pretty sure I’d have double XP til the heat death of the universe.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

McSpanky posted:

And updating the preexisting characters and uniques to fix their mistakes and even out the power creep generally turned out pretty well, especially when it created new power schemes that were more interesting than what came before. Man, I miss Lightning Thor, Movement Spidey and Groots-A-Go-Go Rocket...

Adding entirely new mechanics like Momentum for Juggernaut and the Punisher’s reload stuff was brilliant. The fact they were so incompetent at so much but so capable of making so many characters play completely uniquely, in ways that worked with the actual character, is the weirdest dichotomy I’ve seen in gaming in a while.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

The only Punisher Van is whatever shipping truck brought you that damned thing

:hmmyes:

That game was so bad. I loved how the challenge levels kicked you back all the way to the main menu if you accessed them when you came across them in the campaign.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
God, this game would have been so perfect right now. I’m sick and I’m bored but don’t have the mental faculties to actually play anything that requires thought. Running around holding right mouse and watching the lootsplosions is like my ideal gaming experience while I recover from the ‘rona.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
They’re both pretty big in NJ/MD/PA, I don’t think you’ll find them outside the northeast.

QuikCheck is the one true gas station for food, anyway.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

phosdex posted:

Feels like they are still in that phase. I've said it here before, but with how huge their franchise is right now you'd think there be a zillion games of every type on every platform. But there's like 2. It's the same problem with Star Wars.

The Star Wars thing is at least EA’s idiocy, but the Marvel stuff isn’t locked down to one publisher so it’s just fuckin’ baffling.

I wish that Iron Man VR game wasn’t PSVR exclusive, since I only have a Rift now.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Move it to the MMO subforum and see how many people go for the new thread title.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Not gonna lie, totally preordering the avengers game because I’ve been looking forwards to it since that first trailer. I bought a PS4 for it! Which is funny since it’s not PS4 exclusive anymore.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ICR posted:

Friends I’m doing a goon wrestling league in discord and gonna stream and do tournaments and winners. It’s cool. This is what I typed there and have 54 goons so far. It’s free. I record the matches if you can’t watch live. Ok here goes nothing hope you keep reading!

Free Discord Wrestling League: Sorry this is off topic but I’m just working on filling this out. Need 14 more peeps to be created wrestlers in awful game WWE 2K20 where I’m running some live-streams of Royal Rumble mode with only our goon brethren. You get randomly created and this is the first time doing this. Got some giveaways going to the winners. Once you’re in, you just get to follow along! Here’s a sample of some who have already joined. We are at 54 so far. THANKS AND LOVE YOU

These are some of the goons who joined. The random creator did this.

If you want to join the fun league and relive the Wild 110 again, let me know! I let the PC autoplay it and it’s going to probably, the jury is still out, but probably good.

I’m super down for this.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The first one that really made me go “drat, these guys really made a Marvel game” was Juggernaut’s momentum setup. Made him play differently than any other character, and for sure made him play like Juggernaut.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Erdricks posted:

I am sad that we may never get another dev team that is as comically inept yet weirdly genuine as gaz was

So much of this game was a dumpster fire but it was awesome how they made each character have unique mechanics that were perfectly fitting the character. The juggernaut’s momentum stuff was goddamn perfect.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The Wanda and Vision reworks would have been loving baller too.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The problem is that it Gaz wasn’t the kind of company that would be guaranteed to gently caress it up they wouldn’t have been able to make it nearly as fun.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kalli posted:

Looks like something you can hit buttons in while listening to podcasts/ watching streams, so right in anyone in this thread's wheelhouse.

Yeah, I don’t need a good ARPG with deep systems, I need a digital stress ball.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Shine posted:

I appreciate the effort they put into the reworks. I was one of the poor fucks who used Thing and Punisher regularly even before their reworks, and holy poo poo did they get massively improved after. Thing went from generic punching and charging to beating people with signposts and throwing hotdog carts. Punisher went from generic small arms and grenades to flamethrowers, a minigun and a goddamn nuke. Never did get to drive that van, though.

I remember when everybody got their non-combat travel power. Thing was stuffed into the Fantasticar and looked so silly :allears:

The punisher was the first character I unlocked and I enjoyed him before the rework (I put the machine gun skill on RMB and it was so fun aiming in the direction of red dots on the minimal and seeing them vanish) but after, man. That reload mechanic was inspired and made for a really fun and active playstyle.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
“Hey Frank, how’s the family” was a great one.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Protagorean posted:

close this awful honeypot of a thread already you monster, or at least rebrand it as the ARPGS-that-aren't-PoE thread

gently caress that, I love having this thread still around as a memorial for the best worst game.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
He had a revolver too, that worked really well with the reload mechanic.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I had him built around crits/brutals and the revolver was like “wow where did all that health bar go?” Most of the time.

Plus I had some cosmetic that made balloons come out of enemies when I brutal’d them.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
At the very least feed all the posts to an AI text generator.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Path of Exile stuff is always waaay too try hard for me.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pigbottom posted:

I actually dreamed that this game was back last night. weird.

I have never, ever played anything that was as simultaneously braindead as poo poo while also making each character play completely uniquely and perfectly to the comics character. MH had an idiotic majesty to it that will never be matched.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

The closest feel to this I've been able to get was with Last Epoch since their last patch, where they made the Druid sub-class able to shapeshift directly between 3 different forms with their own full action bars, each ability having its own wonky scaling you can bust open even worse (like making your stuff in bugman form scale off of minion damage instead of your own damage). No part of it feels remotely balanced, you one-shot anything you look at, and you spend most of your time hunting for gear that satisfies absurdly niche stat needs. Also, it's only this one sub-class so far, of 3 in this class, and of 5 total classes.

Which gives me some MH vibes in a few different directions.

I KNEW I bought that game in a drunken haze for a reason.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

I just finished watching the Hawkeye show and it made me miss playing as good old Clintorus Barton in this dead game

rip

He was my free hero when this glorious turd first hit the bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mover posted:

We are now officially rolled over to Marvel Heroes 2022–thank you everyone!*

*when the switch flipper gets to it on the sixth, they are very hung over.