Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I have not played in a year but I am irrationally sad.

Did the game get bad so I can feel less bad? Like an Ol' Cosmic Yeller situation or......?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The gently caress are these claims coming from?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm actually extremely bummed about this closing. I haven't played it for over a year and I haven't even logged in for months until this week, but I still have a good year's worth of great memories about this game and how lovely but fun it was. It was awesome when Muspelheim first came out and the raid was actually difficult but we were all grouping up together and hopping on Mumble and waiting for them to release the next encounter for it and holy poo poo did they even loving test this? That was loving great. And destroying multiple servers with boon parties was also incredible. Somehow I managed to miss out on half of them so as I logged in tonight I noticed that I no longer have any boon time left.

I'm super bummed about this thing closing and despite all the problems it had and poor direction at the top, it was an incredibly fun ARPG and, for a time, was the best one on the market. I'm going to miss this stupid game.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I want to get everyone to 60 and now that I have unlimited gazbucks, what's the fastest and most bullshit way to do this?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Jazerus posted:

swg's private server crowd implemented old-swg in a similar situation because nobody liked swg as it was when it died

You have elected to use potentially the worst example of private servers there could be. At least with this being an ARPG instead of an MMO it may not have as rampant of admin abuse.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Fair enough. Man, private servers are super bad and I'd rather never play this game again than deal with that.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If I just want to level every single hero to 60 and call it a day, what's the fastest way to do that? I bought a fuckton of experience boosters but that doesn't stack effects, just time.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
drat, I just wanted to get as many to 60 as fast as possible. Legendary quests don't seem to give massive xp anymore.

With this game dying and presumably this thread dying more where am I going to get the best out of context comic panels now???

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm looking to join the class-action against the Taskmaster Institute.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

1:15 in the morning and the game is not only still alive but desperate for my money.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm not sure I even remember ICR's original name(s). Eiffel For You or something?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Where am I going to get my random hilarious or lovely comic panel dumps and summations? Without you guys I would have never known about that series where Superman walks across America going door-to-door asking people to vote republican.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
#notmynightcrawler

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I guess I should add $50 or so to my cost of this game since you fucks convinced me to sub to Marvel Ultimate.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
No no, it's more disgusting than a Slim Jim.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Comics taught me that nothing ever truly dies! :downs:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If previous Disney property games are any indication Reddit is gonna pitch a fit and tank Gazillion's stock.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Hulk just big boned.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I got MUA as a pack-in for my 360 and traded it in within a day because it is bad.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

HebrewMagic posted:

Game is way better with friends, sorry you didn't have any :shrug:

I did but then our online hangout got shut down a month early after the developers were laid off.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I still had boon time when the game died.

Ain't no party like a boon party cuz a boon party don't stop. :gaz:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The best item was a shark because of the meltdown it caused.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Who here paid money on the extra power set slots before those went free?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Look closelyer

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Depending on your fetishes.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
There was that cool time where someone mentioned Cryclops and I turned on Salty Bet and he was on and I mentioned it and then we all idled in game while watching Salty Bet.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Remember when Surtur was first released and his one hit arena clearing attack sometimes lagged out and would kill you behind a rock or maybe it didn't even show until you were already dead?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Where's the emu server?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
There's that lovely 40K ARPG.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Drythe posted:

anything kelp touches dies, so dont let him know of any new arpgs

Soothing Vapors posted:

will you losers let this thread die already? jeez

Refuted in just 3 posts.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I was bummed I didn't know anyone who subbed to Humble Destiny 2 month because free is the right price for it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Marvel Heroes was also free on the PS4.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Muspelheim was cool and fun and I miss my lag spikes during Surtur's OHKO attack.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That's mean Andrew W. K. has that one good album.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm so sad the only raid I played was Muspelheim.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
What about Steel?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
We should just DDOS random servers and call them boon parties.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
D3 actually took the crown after years of hard work. It has been the best ARPG for a few years.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Oh okay that's what you're doing wrong.

Stop treating Diablo like a setting or story because it's a Blizzard product and it's going to be 5000% garbage in that department.

Instead, you should treat it like "I'd like this +3 sword to be +4 oh look at that."