Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Let's just say I won the wild3 tournament due to general apathy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Spider-Man is rather wank now. Or maybe it's because they balanced cosmic stuff to how you'll play the game in 6 months and decided the true challenge isn't falling asleep as you take minutes to beat up Taskmaster.

Also anyone who defends the movement changes as better or fun is a oval office.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Well I'm just glad I got every red 60 and 9000 achievement points before this. They can fix it but releasing something when a large part of what balances the content isn't going to be out for some time is just stupid.

I know most of this thread's barely logged in for months, but I've been playing it a lot lately and compared to a couple of days ago it's just a bit of a mess right now. Some heroes seem to be changed for the better but others... I mean the P3 massive can't be happy.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

On the plus side it'd make the next ICR tournament interesting as there's no more chests...

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Fun:
Captain Marvel
Human Torch
Thor
Punisher (flamethrower)
Spider-Man - he needs a lot of infinity/gear though.
Deadpool (not much changed)

Okay:
Emma Frost (pure mental just seems unviable)
Blade (still blade)
Angela (few changes)
Hulk (really don't like that his vulnerability attack has charges as it's also movement)
Colossus - Miles better than before and I suppose it's good to have someone who you can max health/defense on and it benefits them.
Taskmaster - More options but still a bit meh
X-23 - Currently has at least one broken talent

Bad:
Black Widow
Captain America
Punisher (without flamethrower as a lot of things seem broken without using it)

Once you get used to playing the game like it was launch and the difficulty spikes during cosmic content it's fine. Mainly because I have 1000+ infinity points and can allocate 83% max health and defence stuff. Massively bugged though.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Yeah story changes kinda suck, you can't just do prologue, chapter 1, hood, shield outpost, elektra, kingpin, juggernaut, mags etc etc now. You have to do every part of the story on each chapter. Unsure if you can do green story and red story seperately.

On the plus side they altered some hero synergies (gambit has energy, emma durability, ultron intelligence which I think is a change). You can now fly through doorways without getting stuck. You'll also never be without a fearsome fist of farrah.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Mental Emma owns. Apply dot, use your timers, hit your drain psyche button to get 700+ life per second while your pet does stuff

I didn't have minion equipped. Now I do and despite you having to have a slot for minion at all times because they vanish without it yeah she's decent. Managed to cosmic doom with no deaths, but took awhile.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Storm makes CMM look like a joke. She'll be nerfed to bits although I hope not as she's great for getting xp/money and cosmic reliquaries.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

HandsomeBen posted:

Been enjoying her also. What build are you running?

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/308574/guide-talent-update-lightning-lockdown-storm#latest
With different uniques/artifacts. Think I have gok/ultron sheath/black tom's and edge of infinity. All her basic uniques as I cba taking d'jinn off emma.

"Bug Fixes:

Activating Black Panther’s Travel power while wearing the ENHANCED Shuri costume will no longer result in a T-pose."

boo that was funny

Giedroyc fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 26, 2017

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Trip Report:

Cosmic Black Cat - Don't.
Cosmic Venom - Quite fun and a lot easier to do LQ's quickly unlike a certain other person...

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

"Bounty chests in the Castle Doom Terminal can drop boss artifacts for all minibosses that appear as well as cosmic boss artifacts in cosmic difficulty."

Come on gaz release this patch for endless cosmic doom grinding.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

They've also changed the +4 on that ultron artifact to +2.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Cosmic Trip report
- Rogue - keeps her powers bank - easy and fun
- Wolverine - easy and alright
- Punisher - gets things he needs really late so it's a bit of a pain, but I eagerly await my P3 invitation

Also ICR's now #50 in the overally levelling rankings so I think he needs a new avatar since that's shameful.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Nice to see the 'gaz hasn't replied to my insane conspiracy theory about marvel and fox which confirms it must be true' logic still going strong on the official forums.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't wait for the official forums Nick Fury white skin vs black skin threads.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

People who played City of Heroes are barely above those that play Future Fight.

In fact they're worse because they keep trying to kickstart their own silly little reimaginations of the game which all fail. Rather hilariously.

Kelp's still not leader right?

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

No Hobgoblin, no poll.

Although old Squirrel Girl is the only real choice.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Friends don't let friends cosmic Iron Faust.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Does this mean all of the advance pack 2016 stuff is now out or is there another teamup due?

Only 4 months late not bad.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

All they need to do is making the ultimate founder costumes available again for PS4 and the forums will implode.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

I'm going to register as ICR and keep all heroes at level 1 white.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Don't worry, it's not coming out for IOS.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

You don't get it, the entire last 4 years has been beta testing for consoles which didn't exist at the time. They planned to steal your money and lure you in to play for 8000 hours only to yank the rug from underneath you.

Those stealthy bastards.

This isn't even a joke post, some of these dipsticks on the forums actually think this. Rather than celebrate the chances of the game getting new content when people have been saying it's dead for over a year.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Beast - Bland. Got to red 60 in a week
Black Bolt - Iffy, but got to red 60 in a couple of days
Nick Fury - took 5 days to be motivated to white 60. Cannot be hosed ever playing the oval office again. I think I'd rather play launch Winter Soldier.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Mental note: don't get drunk this weekend or I'll wake up with an ultimate founders pack or something stupid.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Tempted to try the beta to remember just how annoying it is having to level up crafters and level with no Cyclops/XP bonus.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

To celebrate 4 years of playing the game, I've decided to actually watch the storymode cutscenes for the first time.

edit: lol 'here comes the juggernaut' still can randomly play when you load the raft.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Dunno if it's the same for new PC players but trying to beat chapter 3 on console was a pain.

The boss hand people just heal each other constantly and I couldn't do enough DPS to kill them all together, had to keep luring 1-2 away.

Everything else is as easy as normal.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

The medals all have weirdly specific powers. Like bullseye is now for 'throwing powers' and Madam Hydra's is now rubbish.

Also RIP Cyclops. His hero synergy is no longer 10% XP gain. Replaced by spirit on defeat.

Energy/Physical/Metal seems to have been replaced with ICE, ELECTRIC, FIRE, GUN, CLAW, ENERGY, EXPLOSIVE. Which I'm sure won't make gearing a pain.

Also you can't get any gear higher than blue in standard difficulty, but the heroic trial's not hard at all.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Right got to 60.

Legendary quests open up at 60 with a brief quest chain introducing the different types and ending up showing you how to play danger room (you hit things, you dodge things). You do get some purples/cosmic items for doing it though. I'd imagine this might make cosmic'ing an issue.

Well more of an issue is that currently there doesn't appear to be prestiging in the game...

Only 3 areas of the game were annoying. The Elektra fight for the healers, the Malekith lower asgard group event boss who took about 5 minutes to kill on my own and every time he teleported your autolock would stop. Loki phase 1 (they edited the cutscene to remove his amazing powervr aliased cape) shows why this game wasn't designed for controllers. Spawning his clones which means you have to turn off target, try to hit them then go back to hitting him and he instantly spawns some more.

There's also only 3 artifact slots and no insignias.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Leowyld:
"Sorry to derail again... but I have decided. I am going to play Rocket at level 10 until I earn 200 splinters. Subway runs, I guess. It's a bit crazy, I guess, but if that's what I have to do, that's what I have to do."

Loves Rocket Racoon, won't buy him as he costs 600 splinters and you only get 400 for completing the raft. Sounds legit.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

My respect for asros controlling the game has gone up since it took him 30 mins in a twitch stream to beat the elektra fight on console. He had to ask for help in order to beat it and didn't seem to know what was going on in his own game.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

It's up to Davebo to not log-in for months to continue his predecessor's legacies.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

It's nice to see even on PS4 the patches are like 3.5gb for little to no real update...

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

I remember when x-def had a scorecard and people moaned about being shamed for being poo poo.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Dear Gaz, Injustice 2 let's you allow the AI to play the game when you're doing things to avoid grinding or learning how to play yourself. Please add this so I can get pointless boxes and stuff whilst watching mindless youtube videos.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

davebo posted:

My mom says I'm cool.

Did you cosmic her account Wolverine to 60 too? mombo

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Ajax posted:

lonelyhobo was right

PC is a good but underpopulated game. Console ports are kinda heading in the wrong direction.

edit: was it lonelyhobo? that bloke who had a total breakdown about sex and gender. I think I confused them with a 2004 FYAD poster.

Giedroyc fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 14, 2017

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

davebo posted:

I was thinking earlier today that I'd love if they just had a special event weekend where they give us our old travel powers back.

For one weekend only you can drive the Punisher's battlevan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Even with no new real end game content in two years, it's still better than Future Fight.