Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Switch only? drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Look out! Gas stones!(costumes?)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Svensken posted:

Is game still dead

No it's more alive than it's ever been

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Erdricks posted:

Hey guys, I just heard riot may be doing marvel heroes, but with league of legends characters. League doesn't have an in game clock, so I am really hopeful they are going to nail the same essential qualities. Hopefully we can get leo to relentlessly tweet racon stuff at the dev team too.

Fake edit https://www.pcgamer.com/riot-games-is-also-working-on-what-looks-like-a-diablo-style-action-rpg/

I wouldn't touch anything by those devs with a ten foot pole.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Christ, when the gently caress are they going to nerf the Nightsisters poison attacks on Dathomir? This is why the game is loving dying.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

SoR Blaze posted:

So is there a private server now for this game? I'd love to dip back into it

yeah

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Picked up Ultimate Alliance 3 for my Switch finally, this isn't too bad for an MH replacement!

I'm sure the uglies will rear their head soon enough and ruin the game for me but for now it's a hoot.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I don't think any other ARPG has ever had the mobility options that MH had, I'd love to be proven wrong with examples though.

I miss going fast and screen wiping.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Hell, same, missed you Sun Man.

So Lost Ark isn't just another run of the mill korean ARPG? It certainly looks like one but the production values seem pretty slick.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Shine posted:

I'm gonna keep playing Mechwarrior 5 and Resident Evil 4 VR.

Wait has there been a Mechwarrior 5 that came out and I'm not aware of it? The gently caress?!

edit: holy poo poo! HOLY poo poo! Is it sufficiently stompy? Stuff blow up good? Mechs feel like mechs?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Soothing Vapors posted:

this time will be different

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wygTOpDlYE

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yeah, I'll hop on at the F2P tier, I'm a little iffy about korean MMOs, my anime tolerance is pretty much early 2000s Toonami levels so hopefully I can focus on pretty and oomphy combat effects and varied loot.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

ICR posted:

Yeah, it's technically been out since 2018 across the ol Pacific there, but here's the deal: We should all play something together (besides the private server of course). It scratches that Marvel Heroes itch a bit and we've already got a boat load of Marsupial Hexagons who are going to check this out when it comes out. Lots of classes, lots of loot, plays at the same level as Marvel Heroes/Diablo does, pretty game, guilds for us to relive GROOT FORCE, I know not everybody will come, but let's just say...

WHAT LOOT, ICR, WHAT FUCKIN LOOT?!?

I put like 5 hours in with the game yesterday and barely got any loot drops besides consumables and currency, I probably got like 10 actual pieces of gear.

But the combat is flashy and sorta fun if a little anemic given how the environment doesn't seem to get affected by anything at all and corpses disappear in 2 seconds.

Game is firmly ok but it's not even a traditional ARPG like MH was.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

This game would be popping off like crazy with how much Marvel stuff there is these days.

The mismanagement behind it will never stop making me scratch my head.

Even The Avengers game could be good if they just added one big open world map to do a bunch of activities in akin to Midtown.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Machai posted:

So is there actually a Marvel Heroes private server and if so how do I play?

Hop on the mIRC server for the deets

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I have brainrot so naturally I'm all in on Diablo 4, I actually really loved the beta what can I say?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Can't wait for the Diablo x Marvel cross promotion events.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 31, 2023

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I enjoyed Avengers for its campaign story for exactly one playthrough but I could never in good conscience recommend it to anyone unless I knew they were relatively big fans of the source material and if it was on an easily digestible sale for like 5 bucks.

I really liked Kamala in the game, she was fun. :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Now I'm sad that I can't log into MH whenever there's a new Marvel thing out to see what cross promotion they did!