Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
But ICR, steam says you haven't logged in since Xmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Deleting all of Carol's ranged basics is retarded. Thanks, Gaz.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ghostlight posted:

Conservation in the last tier is supposed to turn Photonic Blast into your ranged basic by removing the cost, although of course it's not working at the moment.

Even if Conservation reduced Photonic blast to 0 cost, which it doesn't currently, it doesn't Basic tag it, so half the affixes on Cosmic slot 1s don't work with it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I agree, I can't fit Roll on Punisher without losing DPS, I can't put Teleport on Switch without losing a massive survival cooldown, and I had to basically spec a specific way on Blade to fit Roll on the board as well

There's no reason for even Sigs to not have their own keybind but :fax:

Having to trade off utility for dps is good design, in theory.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Saint Freak posted:

I have no idea what I'm doing but I will be the most durable so help me god

For those of you with 40+ in your primaries, are you getting these primarily from Infinity points, or am I missing something entirely, because my stuff is basically in the high teens and my DPS/survivability seem anemic in cosmics.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Saint Freak posted:

Girdle has 4 str/dur, Mzee has 5 each, Emmas gloves have 4 each, fatsuit has 4 dur, challenge bonus on every slot is 5 more, 3 more on your core, 3 more on your pet, etc. It adds up quick.

Hope you kept all your thunder belts and frost girdles and stupid poo poo you definitely didn't keep.

Huh. Got any suggestions for a Energy based hero (with STR apparently)? I have a bunch of miscellaneous poo poo.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Carol gets a different costume when prestiging now? Does anyone else?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Balance is still..kind of weird

There's still nothing in the game to do except prestige, which requires doing the storyline from start to whenever you hit 60 (which with a few boosts is around chapter 3), but they also seem to be breaking at least one quest line a day which prevents you from continuing at some point. It was Taskmaster a few days ago, yesterday (did they fix this?) it was the actual prologue.

I prestiged this morning and had 0 issues. Get on my level.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Spiderman's R button justifies literally every fuckup Gaz has ever made.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

BrianWilly posted:

The game is nothing but five-to-eight-seconds cooldowns now. On everyone. It's preposterous.

Why is the design philosophy behind this update "Make it so everything takes longer to accomplish?"

I played Spider-Man this afternoon. I never ran out of buttons to press and I never stopped moving. It was cool and good. Have you thought about not being bad at vidya?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Bleh. So, they completely broke Carol's Photonics tree and it just doesn't work at all now. Who else makes for a good turret-like ranged DPS now?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Human Torch is pretty fun, but I feel like my survivability is a bit low for Cosmic content. What's my best option for farming up upgrades?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Grinning Goblin posted:

For a little bit of the stream on Friday, Asros was playing Juggernaut and he was stopping to punch people.

What do you mean... "stopping"?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ghostpilot posted:

Wilfred Wong pointed out that heroes that have Fighting or Energy have an uphill climb because they have to either sacrifice Crit / Brutal chance respectively to boost their main stats (particularly rough in the case of Rocket and Cable, who have Fighting and Energy as main stats).

Should have split Crit/Brut/CDmg/BDmg across 4 Attributes.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
What total XP% are you guys running to hit 60 after Juggernaut?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Tortolia posted:

So am I wrong in assuming that I should just be doing quick story missions for craploads of XP, hitting 60 around act 3, then prestiging or moving onto the next character for now? It sounds like the top end content is still pending.

I ran story for prestiging tonight with 250% XP (190 synergy + 10 Pot of Gold + 50 Boost) and didn't ding 60 until I beat Sinister (fortunately Ch.7 is like 3 minutes long). Start to finish was 57 minutes (timed by buff duration). I don't see how people are getting it done close to Juggs without boosting to at least 300%+ or they are stopping to do side quests.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Yeah, I've been doing green because every boss starting with Venom was just miserable and slow on red. Are you guys using a L70 leg + L1 core or something to get over the stat hump?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jusupov posted:

Is there any way at all that I can turn off all the extra exp bonus?
I like to grind Midtown, but the amount of exp has been huge for more than a year now in bonus given. I have no interest in using exp potions since I like to level up slow, but with all given through the game itself due to events, I am leveling up faster than I like. I even try to walk around most exp orbs, but that is not always a posibility.

Stop quoting the bad forums.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Is there anything to do with Odin Marks once you have enough for all the blessings/legendaries you'll ever need?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jusupov posted:

I didn't make this so that anyone can edit, but you can comment on how poo poo it is or just copy the data and format it on your own
https://goo.gl/PBRB2Q

Just delete the first two blank columns IMO.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ESL as gently caress

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lozareth posted:

On the other side of survivability issues is Human Torch who now facetanks anything in full dps gear/spec.

Post this build because I'm having a hell of a time with this.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lozareth posted:

http://i.imgur.com/4adtPGB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zbXR0E9.jpg

Runeword is Bowazon. Infinity points are all spent offensively. The health restore on Torch's sig talent just keeps him going along with all my health on hit.

Can you explain some more of this?

I don't understand Hot Temper (10% damage) over Melting Point (5% Damage, 10% Crit Damage, 15% movement speed), especially since Tornadoes auto-crit and you get a 20% crit chance buff from Sig).

Where are you getting your Life on Hit from? Just your core?

Here's what I'm wearing currently, and I tried your power/talent build in CMM and I'm pretty much getting two-shot by normal trash:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Anyone have a summoner Doom build to share?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Get pirate deadpool as a team up and let him lock everything down 1/5 of the time once he gets his ultimate ability.
Get better rolls on your gear / non combat pet. Upgrade your gear to ilevel 66 or 69. Spend what little infinity points you have too.
Get better at dodging the super telegraphed attack coming from Madame Hydra. Even easier if you are ranged.
:gitgud:

Is it really reasonable to suggest that someone who can't yet do cosmics upgrade their gear to 66/69?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jusupov posted:

Patch probably tomorrow, event going to be odin rotation :(

Any word on what's coming down in the patch?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lux Aeterna posted:

when doomsaw and ryolnir left we also lost the best patch notes in the business

Worth

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

McSpanky posted:

Wow, check your human privilege

Human rights are for humans.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

osmo_au posted:

Would you guys recommend blending the default costumes for each character seeing as the costume has no stats now?

Or is that something I will regret later on?

A couple dudes got costume changes. Make sure the default costume you are blending isn't different from their base look.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lozareth posted:

I did an extremely lazy spreadsheet of TTK times so I can more easily see who needs a TTK:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LjM0TVdsl23CB5R15nVkIwSaZ70gVOnOVtSX1St2lN8/edit#gid=0

If the TTK community can stop calling this test temporary until MH settles down and I'm still playing by then, I'll turn it into a detailed spreadsheet once again.

How much closer to middle of the pack would Taskmaster be at 2% per attribute instead of 1.5%?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lozareth posted:

Nice. I changed my Human Torch setup to keep him overheated as long as I can:
http://i.imgur.com/JXL77n6.jpg

Got the Homing Flares build down to 2:20 from 2:34 but gave Arcfire weaving with the talent another shot and got that down to 2:10. Should have HT sub-2 soon.

Why Batroc's?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

This indirectly reminds me --- what the hell theoretically drops a Cosmic Tanya's Letter? Given that it's DR loot and all.

Sauron in CMM Brotherhood waves.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lozareth posted:

It gives HT better TTK times than his own boots or the hydra ones.

Yeah, I was just surprised they work out better than Hydra.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

madcow posted:

We knew it would happen, but a sad day for ole Ben Grimm nonetheless:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/312157/test-center-preliminary-patch-notes-2-8

Anyone have a TC client and confirm that Urus are for sale and at what price?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jusupov posted:

Vendor uru's on tc cost 37500 for the level 25 ones and 110000 for 50

I can live with that.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lozareth posted:

Deadpoo, Loki, and War Machine have the same low dps as TM. I'm going to get some videos up for them soon. Not sure who else is also that low.

With Thing and Miss Marvel eating nerfs this morning, who's going to be my mid-dps very tanky guy to roll around CMM/Cosmic Terminals with? I don't have Mr. Dad.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Saint Freak posted:

No the Wizard is Captain Marvel. You're probably thinking of Captain Marvel's Monster.

McCloud posted:

The following pages are from Superman Shazam - First thunder, a miniseries in 4 issues. Billy Batson, an orphaned 8-year old, has been given granted the power to turn into the Superhero Captain Marvel, powers granted to him by an old powerful wizard. A Lex Luthor wannabe called Sivana figures out that the new hero in town is probably a kid, so he sends a black ops squad to kill him. They fail, but Batsons best friend, another 8-year old, gets shot, and later dies in a hospital. Billy loses his poo poo and trashes Sivanas office and almost kills the old man. Superman hears about how Marvel went berserk and goes off to confront him.

[

I love this scene. I love how Superman actually stops to listen to Marvel. I love how he doesn't even think twice about walking up to one of the most powerful Magical beings in the universe to chew him out for giving an 8-year old boy the burden that few people should ever have to carry.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

1 step forward, 1 step back.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I don't know anything about Rogue, but if the preponderance of your damage powers aren't tagged Core or Basic, why are you using Gifted Engineer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Grinning Goblin posted:

I mean, HP/S is a weird stat because it is one of those "every point you stack is worth more than the last until you completely negate enemy dps", but it is only really applicable in situations where sustained damage is an issue. So basically it is just as useless as -10s off your ult because burst damage is the only thing that is dangerous if you are running cosmic stuff.

Putting 150 HP/s on par with the other Cosmic affixes shows a clear lack of understanding of game balance. That's not a great sign.