Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

new thread for a dead game? mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The thing that kept me from coming back after a while was that every time I logged in after a short break, the loving gear system changed too much to catch up with. Is that going to be a problem now?

Yes

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Luceid posted:

uhhh, what? why are they removing uniques? that sounds like an odd choice

think of how many hours you will have to play to replace them though. thats their new content

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

by changing the color of the item from brown to teal or red or whatever, it adds hundreds of hours of content as you have to gear up all 3 characters you care about again.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

What if their update/reworks made me hate them though

then your free, likem e

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

lol at everyone who got tricked into logging in

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

punchymcpunch posted:

the worst bug is how dash stops working after like 3 presses

for the console port

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

The game is nothing but five-to-eight-seconds cooldowns now. On everyone. It's preposterous.

Why is the design philosophy behind this update "Make it so everything takes longer to accomplish?"

because then they dont need to make content

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Oh Future Fight already did this. Cheers.

i t2ed him bc of that. and upgraded his nazi uniform once already.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

but there wasnt any content tho

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

yoiu shopuld link all his tweets about the president

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

at the current rate of hero releases the marvel (tm) heroes (tm) 2016 advanced pack (tm) will be complete sometime around this time next year, and then theyll make a new one and release one character before lsoing the rights in 2019

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

davebo posted:

Man, you're just "resistant to change" you Oldie McOldson. All the hip young kids love walking slowly around big levels and waiting for travel powers to charge up then get interrupted by mobs as you drive around.

The travel change really feels redundant now that they've added more changes in. I get that the idea was they wanted us the play through content and not just teleport to bosses and kill them in 5 seconds. Okay, so now we all do poo poo for damage compared to the old days so the bosses don't die immediately, and they added this BIF bar that encourages us to kill mobs instead of bosses, and the story mode can't be cheesed but you level up super fast playing through it normally anyway. Seems like adding back in dashes wouldn't affect any of the issues they wanted to solve.

the actual probvlem they wanted to solve was: the game cant work on playstation 4 when you go fast.

thats also why kokoro likes the changes, because hes playing on a filipino toaster he built in a CAVE, from a box of SCRAPS, while hiding from duterte

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Kokoro Wish posted:

Hey that's not true at all.

It's more of a pit, I'll have you know.

at least you have jollibee over there

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Kokoro Wish posted:

Medusalith

Amaquelin

I hate you so much right now, Marvel.

wife of blackagar boltagon, mother of ahura boltagon

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

Apparently there will be some stuff happening to coincide with the release of Logan next month: Old Man Logan costume VU, a new X-23 costume based on Innocence Lost, a new Fortune card that includes an Old Man Logan team-up, and bonus XP for X-23/Wolverine. I guess they're willing to incur the wrath of Marvel yet again? :iiam:

i mean why not. they only have like 2 years left max to milk this game, thats maybe 5 unannounced heroes at this rate, who cares if marvel says no x men at that point

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Dizz posted:

So is the game good yet or is it still a boring timewaster?

reinstalling since i have nothing better to do for a good 9 days

its worse now

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

So, whats with the steam store page being nuked into oblivion with reviews. Was the "update" that bad or?

yes

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Cease to Hope posted:

pretty sure he means Lockjaw, The Only Inhuman Anyone Likes

also pictured: the only other inhuman anyone likes

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

along with the rest of theg ame, as thats when the rights run out

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Cerepol posted:

is this game good now?

Like does it feel better to play.

No

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Saw this and heard game was good, popped on the Discord to see 20 pages of the same Kitty Pryde comic panel, read the last few pages of the thread and...

:yikes:

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

divinity original sin is probably the best multiplayer rpg of a ll time but im sad they nerfed reactive shot today

well bye

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

some1 host anb open rolelr coaster tycoon server and we can make and xmen park or whatever. kingda ka ripoff called "the marvel cinenatic uniiverse". get all the guys ba ck together with some good comic boock laughs

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

cams posted:

eh it was necessary, i managed to one shot 3 enemies a level above me cause it did the thing where it triggered like 4 or 5 times on casting

but yeah original sin 2 is the best classic rpg of all time and everyone who enioys them should play it.

it was hitting too hard but i liked having a big circle rain of arrows because barrage is loving garbage. i want the initial hit without the react fire, but doing normal damage

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

warfare archery is still probably the most powerful build in the game tho. warfares stacking is super weird and its exponential scaling + 1 ap tele+haste + super cleanse on heal are all really crazy.

should make my other lone wolf a second archer its not like he does anything in fights as a rogue rn

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

cams posted:

yeah i can understand that feeling, all of the huntsman damage skills are kinda meh. the only one i run (other than reactive) is pinning shot because cripple is good cc.

archers are still amazing because the elemental arrows are great and knockdown arrow is the best hard cc in the game (does decent physical damage, 2 ap, no cooldown) but the huntsman attack skills are mostly underwhelming.

marksmans fang is occasionally good but im playing lone wolves right now so i have lots of memory for little investment.

ballistic shot is really good if you are stacking multipliers bc its easy to get a nother 100% damage on top of 100% from 20 warfare, 100% high ground, etc. they have like 3 good skills. pinning and those 2. i havent tried the sourcery ones much tho bc i dont like refilling points constantly and im using sebille so having points to cc break is important

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

davebo posted:

I try to make ethically informed consumer decisions where applicable, which basically means I buy Charmin toilet paper instead of Angelsoft since that's owned by Koch industries. Regardless of the behavior of one person who works at a company though, I try to support businesses that work hard to create things I enjoy, so they and others will make more. I gave plenty of money to Marvel Heroes, and I would certainly continue to... if they were actually making new and good content. Fortunately since they aren't it's a non-issue for me.

what are your thoughts on the nerf to the infamous "chicken tendies" strat in divinity, original sin, too?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

cams posted:

hm i will look into ballistic shot.

i on my newest single player run i decided to try a bunch of mods, one of them being "bedroll restores source" because if you REALLY felt like it, you could use pyramids to refill source between every fight, but gently caress that, so i'll take being able to restore them between combat. still have the combat limit on source skills, but i'll actually use them more this way.

i also haven't been past act 2 yet despite putting waaay too many hours into this game. i keep restarting.

lol i know right i think i put 40 or 50 hours into act 1 before i ever saw act 2 because i wanted to try everything and do everything i missed and i kept finding more stuff. i dont buy early access either so i didnt even have the game when that was the only act.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Phyresis posted:

slice dem tendies, cuh

yea but the chickens dont run worth poo poo after u s lice their tendies now

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

cams posted:

i have played through fort joy/reaper's eye in its entirety... 6 times? i went through my single player playthroughs restarting over and over until i was comfortable, then i got my roommate into a co op game and he ended up wanting to restart our playthrough a few times (which i was okay with.) now i'm coming to the point where i am more confident in understanding the game and just wanna play through it so i can stop avoiding story spoilers.

you seem to have a good grasp on the mechanics in this game, is taunt actually worth using now? one of my guys got taunted and i did not have control over his moves at all, which makes me think it'd have SOME value, but it's so hard to justify using a taunt instead of a hard knockdown at any point, and there are plenty of physical based hard knockdowns.

edit: ugggh they nerfed the backpack expolit, i have to actually give a poo poo about the economy in this game now

provoke is not worth it bc if you broke their armor they should be cced or dead

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

cams posted:

i have played through fort joy/reaper's eye in its entirety... 6 times? i went through my single player playthroughs restarting over and over until i was comfortable, then i got my roommate into a co op game and he ended up wanting to restart our playthrough a few times (which i was okay with.) now i'm coming to the point where i am more confident in understanding the game and just wanna play through it so i can stop avoiding story spoilers.

you seem to have a good grasp on the mechanics in this game, is taunt actually worth using now? one of my guys got taunted and i did not have control over his moves at all, which makes me think it'd have SOME value, but it's so hard to justify using a taunt instead of a hard knockdown at any point, and there are plenty of physical based hard knockdowns.

edit: ugggh they nerfed the backpack expolit, i have to actually give a poo poo about the economy in this game now

ok the new replacement for the circle of death is the 16 arrow arc fire sourcery. if u tele to point blank and elf sacrifice + enrage u can do like, 20k damage on something big enough to hit with all 16

at level 15

when even the boss enemies only have like 3k health

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

mods change the name of the thread to divnity: original sin: 2: hawkeye appreciation station

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

hahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahaha

hehe xd

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

capn hank pym never got his tiny wife

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

quote:

I have ~50K Gs left, how about you? ┌( ಠ‿ಠ)┘
lmao o forums is good rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

This actually makes me very excited. Can anybody do a status update to make sure he is still breathing?

quote:

It's been very fun for a time. I hope this doesn't cause more devs to lose their jobs.

I'm sad but also kind of expected this , so not shocked. There are some very talented devs working for Gaz that I hope can find themselves in a better situation.

I had a lot of fun in the forums, had some ups and downa but overall had some great interactions.