Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

First of all, play through the story. You need to do this at least once, and odds are you're going to be at least running portions of it on every character to get bonus power points and other permanent stat increases.
:xd:

I wonder if the free S.H.I.E.L.D. agent team-up will actually be unlockable again as intended post-patch, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

MichaelMayhem posted:

Hey all, we've received some red flags that the Freezing Tempest talent is causing some disconnects in rare cases - specifically, the damaging area attached to Storm. We are livetuning that off now.

You can still select the talent, and the passive bonus effects will apply, but the Freezing Tempest damage effect will not apply.

Apologies for the interruption, and it'll (hopefully) be back to working order with the next patch.
By taking away Storm's huricane and malestrom they invoked the fury of NAYTCHA itself.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Erdricks posted:

so what do you do with uniques now
Feed them to your pets. Which, I'm pretty sure, is also bugged right now and requires you to re-log after using the crafter recipe to nuke a pet's uniques count.

KomoriMan posted:

We are aware of [the Taskmaster mission in chapter 2 being broken]! An resolution is being investigated.

In the meanwhile to bypass this, you need to have had a prior character that has gone past this point. Utilize the way point past chapter 2. If this is your only hero, please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks!
All the new players will love getting to witness Gaz go full Gaz. :allears:

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 20, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Hordes of Rogues sucking powers out of everybody in sight in the hubs. This is pretty hilarious.

I'm one of those Rogues myself.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Overminty posted:

Yes you can right click on her steal powers and see a list of them, with those you haven't stolen yet greyed out.
They're still not saved on a per-power spec basis though, so apart from the three talent choices in her right tree specs do nothing for her at this time. But hey, it's a start!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Holyshoot posted:

how do i get force move back? I reset my keybinds and its gone. I need to be able to move holding down spacebar.
I still see "move to cursor" in Options>Key Bindings. You don't?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Nehru the Damaja posted:

So uh.... I found this

Michael Norris is the mission designer. I shot him an email but what?
I hear you're supposed to call Gaz and say "Aardwolf" next.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

punchymcpunch posted:

Also why do dashes have cooldowns in hubs? To stop us skipping past vendor content?
Do you think they're giving those NPCs visual updates for shits and giggles?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It looks like uncapping your starter hero might be – what a surprise! – bugged right now.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Jusupov posted:

No free hero unlock might be intended
It seems that way. Wow.

Then again, :gaz:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Shredder posted:

The dev said that's where you get the 400 crystals, I can't find where to get them
Is there no NPC in the training room to talk to? I think maybe Maria Hill is supposed to be there?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

BrianWilly posted:

More derping: How do I reset my pet affixes? The crafter doesn't seem to have it?
The recipes were livetuned off because something was broken.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

BrianWilly posted:

And am I reading this right or does [Jean] have no powers that apply vulnerability now?
In Phoenix form she doesn't, no. Just one of numerous issues/bugs that made it unaddressed from TC to Live.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Book of Demonicus is also getting nerfed down to 30 DR per stack instead of 50. Because simply having to keep up the stack count in this brave new CC immunity-less world isn't enough of a hindrance. :rip:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

A person in the Beast feedback thread posted:

Spelling mistakes on the tooltip for Brains and Muscle trait ("strenght"), Moving Target trait ("thit"), Barrier Gadget ("electomagnetic", "nearbye"), Deploy Gas Drone ("aresol") and Electro-Catalyst ("termporarily", "depilitates"). Sorry, I saw one and had to check the rest..
I guess that's the kind of thing TC is there for, but still, c'mon.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I just spent some tine in Midtown Manhattan on a level 60 character and every single unique I found was level 57. :gaz:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

KomoriMan posted:

Do YOU create content for Marvel Heroes 2016?

If you do, fill out this form to join our Influencer Recruitment Program to possibly get promoted on our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), get codes for prizing, and much more!

We want to help support you guys & gals making great content for our game! Now we won't be able to fully support everyone but we will help you out in any way possible.

This program won't remain up forever so if you have any interest, fill the form out!
Gaz.

Gaz that's not what people are talking about when they say they want new content.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

KomoriMan posted:

So I got word from @TheArtofRawr stating that it's very unlikely the charges/windup won't be unlimited in hubs. It would instill bad habits for players and they want to keep consistency in all zones.
Yeah, I think they're genuinely starting to lose me.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Lux Aeterna posted:

i just played beast for a bit on tc

he's not bad?

taser drone stacking like its my job
It's OK, they still have until Thursday to gently caress him up for no apparent reason.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
So Angela and Blade are both receiving updates, which will be on TC next week. In addition to various power changes, they're both getting new primary resources: Ammo for Blade, which depletes until it's empty and then recharges back to full, leaving you unable to use spenders in the meantime (sword/glaive powers don't use Ammo), and Heven's Fury for Angela, which builds up slowly over time, triggering a buff when it's full that causes her powers to consume some of it on use to instantly refresh their cooldown; they're always free to use otherwise.

There's a third character that'll also be getting a "moderate-sized update" along these lines, but we don't know who yet.

Edit: links to the changelogs for Angela and Blade (see also the post preceding it).

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jan 29, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Cease to Hope posted:

I was hoping to avoid having to hoard shards for either of those.
There's really no decent equipment option to render enemies vulnerable, so until Gaz remember to give Phoenix Jean a vulnerability-inducing power it's team-up or bust unfortunately.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Seems like Nova is the third hero to be getting an update soon. He has a new "Force" resource on TC right now and is receiving some other changes as well.

No word on Cosmic Combo snapback yet, though at least it's being treated as a movement effect now.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It's still Tara Strong voicing her, I think, so it's technically just a re-recording. Several of her "new" lines sound kinda off/phoned in compared to the old ones, unfortunately.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Apparently at least some cosmic artefacts are dropping without an affix. :gaz:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AgentVapor posted:

Hey folks,

After doing some investigating regarding the reports of Unique drop rates in Hightown Patrol this morning, we realized that there are some changes to baseline loot drops that were not clearly communicated in the 2.0 patch notes, which may be causing some confusion.

With the 2.0 update, we made some changes to how difficulty affects what item rarities are available as enemy and Boss drops and wanted to ensure these changes were clarified:
  • When playing in Normal difficulty, enemies and bosses drop items from Common through Epic rarity tiers. This applies to any items that drop along the normal rarity scale, such as slot 1-5 items, Insignias, Rings, etc.
  • Starting with Heroic difficulty and higher, Cosmic and Unique rarity items become available as drops from enemies and Bosses.
  • These changes do not apply to things like event reward boxes (such as Odin's Bounty Chests) which drop when playing in Normal difficulty mode. Reward boxes of that variety have not had their loot tables changed and are still able to drop Cosmic and Unique items if they previously could. These changes only apply specifically to direct drops from enemies and Bosses.
In addition, in an upcoming update we're going to include in-game messaging (such as on the Difficulty Slider tooltips) to better indicate which items become available as you increase your difficulty setting.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused! For posterity, we're going to ensure that the 2.0 patch notes are updated so there is a player-facing reference for when these changes were made.
:allears:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Best proofreading in the business though.

Not my picture though because I actually know how to take a screenshot.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Colgate posted:

I have a bunch of 60's I'm probably going to prestige, just to get used to the game again. I did so with Rogue last night, and I'm using a really fun movement-based build that's doing moderately well, but I kind of want to use energy. Do I still have to raid in order to get the best powers for an energy build for Rogue?
Pretty sure you'll still want Wrath of Muspelheim, yeah. At least you only need to steal it once now!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Back in Black is voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes too, I think?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Jubilee's power is crud from what I hear. Too little damage on too long a cooldown (plus a 1.5s stun not worth giving a toss about). At least it looks very pretty?

Beast's passive restores 100% of your spirit and grants a damage/crit buff when you activate movement powers four times within five seconds. Sinister's teleport has five charges, so you can use it to proc the buff and still have one charge left over for actual movement purposes. Her flight power also qualifies! Seems questionable whether this is really worth giving up a passive slot for, though.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

the tutorial is effectively the Raft prologue mission, plus various tutorial popups that will occur when you do things for the first time

so just hop into the Prologue on Torch and follow through the story to level up
Isn't technically the Times Square level the most tutorial-y tutorial in the game now? Of course you can't even access it unless you're on a brand new account for some nebulous reason, so… :shobon:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Ciaphas posted:

Thanks. Ended up switching randomly to Deadpool. I don't know dick all about Marvel and I haven't seen the movie, I wasn't aware this guy didn't acknowledge the fourth wall. I'm easily amused by lines like "Hey, I played you in Marvel vs Capcom! ... you sucked!" :v:
You might also enjoy (to a lesser degree) Green Goblin and She-Hulk!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Jusupov posted:

Typing of the Marvel?
Honestly, I'd play it.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Grumpy Thor, best Thor.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AzraelNewtype posted:

How did you get achievements to actually appear on the tracker? I know there's a checkbox to enable that, but it's never done anything for me.
You need to enable "achievements" in the mission tracker filter, and you need to check the box of the achievement you want to track in the Achievements window. If that doesn't work for you it's probably broken.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AzraelNewtype posted:

I checked the achievements box in the tracker filter, as indicated, but I honestly haven't even seen a box to check in the Achievements window for the specific ones.

Might well be busted of course, because :gaz:.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Upcoming VUs. Not this week, though.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Apparently there will be some stuff happening to coincide with the release of Logan next month: Old Man Logan costume VU, a new X-23 costume based on Innocence Lost, a new Fortune card that includes an Old Man Logan team-up, and bonus XP for X-23/Wolverine. I guess they're willing to incur the wrath of Marvel yet again? :iiam:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

malhavok posted:

All the auto brut guys might get some use out of it.
Might stick that on Daredevil! Except I don't think his radar ping bug has been fixed (still), so… :geno:

ransome posted:

new options box for you to check. options > gameplay
Hasn't that been in there for a long time?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

ransome posted:

If it was, it was unchecked for everyone from this patch.
Oh, right. Gaz gon' gaz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Datasmurf posted:

Speaking of Blackagar … I bougth the bundle yesterday and played him to 60. Got the achievement for it and all. I also traded in 990 boosts to vouchers and geared up Ultron to do mystic mystery 10.

The same log in stuff as I got yesterday, no Black Bolt, no new boosts, and Ultron is just as he's been since I got him. If I didn't have the achievements for getting BB to 60 and doing mm 9, I would've thougth yesterday was just a dream. Oh, also, the Gs I spent on buying the BB bundle are gone too.

Gaz … :doom:
They had server issues yesterday that resulted in a rollback. Get in touch with their customer support, they'll sort you out.