Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yay this game exists again

work til noon pst today then i will be excited to play this dumb game again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

Man, everyone's so pessimistic right off the bat.
goons default to just whining about poo poo and also care about ~their items~

bummed to find out that omega items aren't out yet. items that aren't just stat sticks are gonna do a lot for this game, it also allows them to add to old characters over time without doing an entire rework.

do uniques still drop at least?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Grondoth posted:

Is this a fun ARPG or not
yes. it is very good. it stagnated for a while but the game is changing in broad ways for the better.

if it fails to regain any sort of audience it will probably be goodbye which would suck cause i like this game but oh well.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Grinning Goblin posted:

you should probably actually play the game before telling people it is fun or not
i have been playing it. i like it. suck my dick.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

so is just everything broken at this point? oh, i guess you don't need to actually do the story for any reason at all anymore do you?
story seems to be the best way to level 1-60 now, at least on a fresh prestige. if you have any synergy bonus xp, you probably won't even get to latveria before you hit 60.

the game is "broken" in the sense that only one part of the big patch is in yet. right now, if you want to go in and grind a cosmic prestige or endgame stuff, there's nothing to do yet.

i reccomend leveling and prestiging characters to get their costumes so you can roll a random costume until that is no longer possible in the near future. at least until the omega items and difficulty adjustment parts of the patch come out.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

and also you can teleport to the zones just beyond them (cargo ship for taskmaster, subway i think for mutant growth hormone factory place) and go back to trigger the quests. if you don't have the waypoints someone can group with you and teleport you to them.

patch in the morning will fix them.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

just gonna go check out the old internet forum to see whether or not i like this game

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i really really love that abilities with movement built in have more utility now. iron fist keeps a ton of mobility in combat because he has a few.

got iron fist to red last night, started x23. she's fun but i haven't figured out how to go about playing her. do love getting to figure out character skillsets again.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Adult Sword Owner posted:

It has never been a good design
i disagree

seriously, this game was a trivial slog with zero actual difficulty for a very long time. the best characters were ALWAYS the ones who do the most damage because survivability was trivial.

i made my right click on iron fist good fortune kick despite not using either of the stances associated with it because it dashes to enemies and is on a very short cooldown, giving me more mobility and versatility. it is good design to have ways of increasing effectiveness beyond "more bigger numbers."

been enjoying the hell out of the game since i've been playing it again and a large part of that is actually having to micro in a lot of situations. i like having more expected of me than just standing near enemies and mashing my rotation over and over again regardless of what is happening around me.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

It's ok. Nobody knows what they're doing right now. Owns.
plz refrain from posting in threads for games you do not play

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I am a very active player as I play at least once per year. That is more than 75% of the playerbase. Please put some respect on my name.
k see you in 11 months

cams
Mar 28, 2003

for anyone else prestiging a bunch of characters, the quest artifacts are high item grade with a level 18 req, so you can get a full blessing bonus with them at 18. not a huge boost but decent enough that it'll make 18-30ish go even faster than it does.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jusupov posted:

Visual artis are level 1
but also item grade 1, so you get the lowest possible boost from blessings

cams
Mar 28, 2003

nice

does anyone know of any broken/malfunctioning talents on people other than x23, storm, and invisimom? i'd imagine there are some more and i'd like to keep track

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Grinning Goblin posted:

Bad news guys, GAZ IS FINISHED.

We all laughed at the threats, but how do they even BEGIN to recover?
lol at all the people who filed a complaint with the better business bureau over losing items in a video game or getting banned for "threats of sexual violence"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Kokoro Wish posted:

Heroes for Hire + Heroes Call Talent =

this looks like a positive malfunction. a+

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ramadu posted:

Man reddit is like in full on apology mode for the game, https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5pdrih/marvel_heroes_2016_newest_update_has_been_met_by/?st=iy9aw6b8&sh=e459beaa . Geez, I have no idea how these people played the game because uhhh its not good now!!!! I like the top voted comment is from one of our own too
everything about the design philosophy of these updates is a good idea in my opinion. the defense rework was the last positive step forward for this game and i think that was like... a year and a half ago? every bit of content in the game had become trivialized.

i actually like the "playing the game" part of this game, but i understand why people who just wanted a less interactive version than marvel future fight would be upset

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Grinning Goblin posted:

Content is still pretty much trivialized if you have a pulse and a pair of neurons to form a thought. The main point of infinite teleports wasn't to avoid the blatant red outline, but to just get from one worthwhile encounter to the next, it is still piss easy to avoid poo poo from bosses with the limited dashes you have now. Killing bosses a bit more slowly isn't that big of a deal since it allows them to get some abilities off, but very little has changed in terms of actual playable content for the end game. The biggest change is that the 2s of invulnerability from medkits are gone and that really did need to go.
i think this is just wrong based on my experience leveling up a bunch of people. i have had a ton of fun in fights against elites and bosses, with chest rooms, world events, etc. game is legitimately challenging in way more situations than it was before.

as for level 60 stuff, the difficulty wave of this patch is the part that matters for that and it's not here yet. trying to make observations about the difficulty of the game with regards to your characters that were steamrolling the game before aren't really valid. the changes to movement allow them to create harder difficulties that are not simple pass/fail tests like stuff was before.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i need to do more runs to know for sure but i legit think that you can get to 60 just as fast, but finish by the end of chapter 5, if you do the treasure rooms and boss rooms.

and never go to savage lands ever again

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i've only played green story on accident

but yeah i am a rich gently caress who rains legendaries and blessings all over

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mover posted:

Ol' Painless has a free 25% damage reduction and punisher's 10% damage reduction/25% missing health is better defense than any character gets from durability scaling. Literally how are you ppl dying on him
goons are bad

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Nodoze posted:

What is going on in this game now
marvel heroes 20xx is now in progress, please check back later

or play now cause leveling is fun and characters got talents.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Gaussian posted:

Ok, thanks everyone. Doesn't really seem worth it!
when you have enough characters at 60, you get an xp boost that caps out at 200%. i can take a character from 1-60 in about an hour, if i am playing efficiently the whole time. i really really enjoy leveling characters, so getting everyone to red 60 is how i play the game.

until the item update and difficulty update parts of THE BIGGEST UPDATE EVER come, there is very little reason to do the "endgame" stuff, so prestiging characters is where its at.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

if you're already doing the hardest content in the game successfully to get those items, what is the point of getting them?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

AzraelNewtype posted:

Did you not see the two dots to the right of the yellow one? Most of the cosmic affixes are defensive in nature anyway (with an easier time getting what would be high rolls of the base arti), so they basically just reward you for going full glass cannon by tempering your glass slightly.
can you click in those dots to the righy of cosmic yet? cause i didn't think you could yet

the rest of the post does not seem connected to mine so i'm unsure aboit what's going on there

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

well if current cosmic difficulty and gaz's history of releasing new difficulties is anything to go by, the Omega difficulties will have mobs making GBS threads out a ton of damage and there's no invulnerability core to fall back on

so you'll likely want a full set of cosmic artifacts (def+dodge+deflect+hp/medkit) and good effects on your catalyst (25% heal, 3s invis, 5000hp heal for radio heroes, 20% 15s invis for mystic heroes)

all of that can be farmed up now so you're ready to go when the new difficulties drop, if that's something you want to start doing day 1
true. tbh i expect item update to be fully released by the time they're putting out the difficulty update, so i'll wait for that before i spend a bunch of time grinding for stuff.

but if that is the part of the game you enjoy the most, i reccomend doing that!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

PureRok posted:

As far as I'm concerned: Is the character melee?

If yes: 1

The limitations on dashes really hurt melee characters to point where I find them all unplayable. Except for like, Nightcrawler, but that's because he has like 100 ways to move around.
so far, i have loved she hulk, x23, iron fist and blade for melee. blade is more hybrid but i played him pure melee. all three of them have at least one skill that can assist with movement in combat, if not a couple. would give all those a 5.

i've also played elektra, ant man, and silver surfer. elektra is fine but her talents are a bit wonky, the other two were boring as hell for me. give her a 3 and the other two a 1.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

osmo_au posted:

Would you guys recommend blending the default costumes for each character seeing as the costume has no stats now?

Or is that something I will regret later on?
the only way you'd regret it is if the wardrobe thing comes out and they require you to have the default costume to access it and you already got the character to cosmic prestige (or red and you never want to go cosmic)

roll those dice baby

cams
Mar 28, 2003

150 health regen/sec is way better than the ult time reduction, but still not as good as the other possibilities

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jusupov posted:

Hope you remembered to log in with your 50 alt accounts before they turned the 10 cosmic fragments on login thing off
drat i missed my chance to increase my stack of 4000 cosmic fragments

cams
Mar 28, 2003

quote:

Added an off-screen edge pointer for Cosmic Fragment crafting items.

no thank you

cams
Mar 28, 2003

those changes own

except for the stuff that encourages medkit spamming.

cams fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 27, 2017

cams
Mar 28, 2003

it is pretty clear they are aiming for spirit fixing stuff to be valuable in itemization

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Toshimo posted:

Should I buy Lady Wolferine on BOGO for :5bux: or should I wait to see if they give her away for free with the movie?
x23 is really fun, objectively better than wolverine, and even has her all new costume which is completes the "better than wolverine" package.

both a full movement build or grievous wounds works, i prefer grievous wounds

cams
Mar 28, 2003

PureRok posted:

I don't understand the limitation on dodge/teleport moves when they give you a travel power with it's own button now. Now I just fly over everything instead of repeatedly hitting W. :shrug:
...this is the intended change. it is what they wanted you to do. they limited the amount of dodges you get so as to force you to make more intelligent decisions in certain combat situations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

do we have any details on character availability in open beta or how unlocking new ones will work, in beta or beyond?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

apparently there was a stream with devs, here is some info an oforumer pulled

quote:

Other tidbits from the chat...
new players get 400 es after prologue,
heroes cost 200, 400, 600 apparently just like the pc version.
ES drop in game
No random hero boxes ( at least yet)
Ult upgrades only available for G (for now)
No weekly events during beta, said they would "talk about events after the open beta"

really shocked if they do end up keeping tiered pricing for characters, seemed like they recognized that as a mistake a while ago. no random boxes means i'll probably buy the avengers founder pack instead of just getting spidey or deadpool.

i am legit excited for a console version of a game i played for 2000 hours already with drastically less content. real excited.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

RAAAAAGH I PAID MONEY TO PLAY THID OPEN BETA HOW DARE IT NOT BE AVAILABLE YET

oforums impression aside, packs are up and you can download the client but servers are down atm

cams
Mar 28, 2003

in, will probably be playing most of the day

https://www.twitch.tv/camsteh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

nova and squirrel girl are the only 200 splinter/450 g characters. i am cool with that.

edit: nm, angela too

cams fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 21, 2017