Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Chinese New Year is coming up and I was getting the urge to play Diablo 3 but this might suit my ARPG itch again. I did like this game...a year and a half ago.

It took me 8 months to come back to the game after cosmic-ing Rogue and failing to get her back to level 60.

Last time I was taking Doom to Cosmic 60 right when they nerfed the story XP.

Maybe this time around I'll finish off Doom, play a bunch more, find a new character to cosmic then get bored and wander off for another year and a half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Logged in, kicked me out and now won't let me log back in again.

What is the thing people do in this game now? Whatever the daily event is? Danger room stuff?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Anals of History posted:

Summoner Ultron isn't as messed up as I expected it to be. I can't quite walk away and let robots kill Midtown dudes for a few minutes like I used to, but it's alright. Biggest bummer is that intelligence is no longer linked to ally damage so a bunch of the gear that I have is good for speeding up medpack usage and that's about it.

As a previous Summoner Doom player, what do I do now?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Anals of History posted:

That's a good question. I switched to Ultron after Doom got messed with. No idea how Doom plays yet. All I can say for certain is that you shouldn't bother with Heroic or Cosmic with a summoner 'til the new items start dropping.

My Doom is cosmic level 40s.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Was anyone using a gamepad to play this before the patch? Sounds like the gamepad controls have been improved and that's something that appeals to me now.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Mr. Knight didn't play very well on the controller but Hulk did. I think they should have gotten rid of targeting all together though because auto-target lock is just as annoying as regular target lock.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Well despite the changes I'm having fun playing Hulk with the controller. Movement isn't too bad, though I can see how it would be annoying if you were grinding the same zone again and again.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Well despite the changes I'm having fun playing Hulk with the controller. Movement isn't too bad, though I can see how it would be annoying if you were grinding the same zone again and again.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Nechronic posted:

Are you posting with a controller too?

I guess I'll never be a pro with this input lag, back to Kb+m.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Hulk roars and smashes the ground in various ways; pretty authentic.

He also has a move where he turns into an asteroid and crashes back to earth which feels like they ripped it out of Marvel vs Capcom.

When I was playing before, Juggernaut was pretty cool. Doing a lariat to dash around, dropped elbows one after the other, then just activating his sig and running in a circle around enemies while their health bar dropped. He was so much fun to play.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Overminty posted:

Banned my account I fast tracked with £880 just as got the account to "max" stats KiIljoy account created May XX XXXX On 18th of Sept 2015 I was banned from this game without reason. I emailed appeals team and still have not had a response to the matter. Gazillion are clearly breaking their... own terms and conditions and eula agreement. They have not opened dialogue on this at all to discuss refund of transactions on account or to uban the account. I have a ban on the primary Ultimate Account I had for selling it. Which is fine I broke the rules on that account. But I have not on this fresh account, no rules broken whatsoever. Nowhere in their eula and terms and conditions does it state that the INDIVIDUAL is banned for ETERNITY if banned for selling an account in the past. Ive posted on their twitter, facebook etc. nothing. will not engage on this at all. I am also not going to let this drop. £880 is a lot of money. I feel robbed. Regards ******* *****

Kind of feel sorry for the little boy with austism whose grandfather died and left him without an account to play on.

I mean it's probably just some guy wanting to sell his account but Mr.Gaz being real heartless about that one. "Sorry when you die, nobody gets to inherit your account." Never thought that would be in the EULA.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Kokoro Wish posted:

Cat -Beast was his last look

You forgot Horse-Beast and Bat-Beast, which both came after Cat-Beast.

Gorilla Beast would be a cool look if they modeled better. I don't even like Beast but this statue is pretty sweet.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Man all that is crazy as hell. I didn't know what was going on.

There's a good write up of all his changes here
. It's a quick read. His current look is kind of like Bat Beast but less smooth.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 4, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Jesus gently caress I had compartmentalized that abomination out of my mind yet here we are

Did they replace NV with something or just completely drop it and let people go back to just doing boss runs ignoring all the mobs along the way?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I forgot about this game(Marvel Heroes) since October. Felt the urge to grind up some new hero...and it's dead.

I don't even care about a private server because it won't have the time and money I put into my account and honestly the game wasn't really good enough to play in that regard.

Still, had some really fun times grinding Rogue to 60 yellow. Grinding out some good summoner loot for Doom via Ultron, complaining about only getting Doom to Cosmic 45 before they nerfed story exp.

RIP dontbelievehislies.jpg

edit: oh yeah I forgot almost tanking a couple raids because I'm bad and can't dodge flashing red zones. Good times.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 30, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Last night I read someone mentioning MH on a facebook post complaining about the Avengers game that came out last year. This morning I woke up and I had the thought stuck in my head that I had to rush home after work to catch Midtown Madness.

Midtown Madness with Juggernaut was one of the best game experiences I've ever had. I miss this game so much some days.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Bloodly posted:

Playing people you never got to play due to lack of money/drop luck/time. Remember the final count was something like 60?

One great thing about a private server is that they wouldn't give a gently caress about not being able to use actor's voices so you could almost certainly see an RDJ Iron Man using his voice lines ripped from the films.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

There will never be another game that lets you go as crazy with powers as Rogue in MH. I forget the final number but it was something crazy like 170 different powers she could steal.

Switching your entire build in the middle of a raid by touching a few other players. Hilariously not OP but so much fun.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Both of those sound like they were very much designed around being able to face a specific, or perhaps a few, specific raid bosses with certain builds. That latter, assuming you could taunt/provoke the boss without needing to attack it, seems well suited to a dodge tank build. The former, also feels like something they expected would be useful for moments when a boss wasn't outputting damage itself and thus the healer didn't need to heal but would allow them to feed the mage/blaster so that character could go all out.

Definitely not choices that are very proactive, but strong in very situational ways, and when it comes to giving players a super ability that's only reached at high ranks, that kind of stuff just isn't really that fun or engaging. Those both sound like things you could toss a point into in the middle tiers as options.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Had Zigs on so many of my characters, because god drat an instant speed teleport was such a QoL improvement. That nerf was just the worst.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

It's very depressing to think what this game would be like in the current age of Diablo Immortal and Lost Ark. I guess if you wanted to use Genshin Impact as a modern example then all the waifu hunters would be happy enough, but I long for the days when I could just pay ~$20 to unlock a hero and their costume.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

super sweet best pal posted:

I'd trust anyone who promises to revert travel powers back to pre-nerf.

The good old days.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Bloodly posted:

Everything unique? I don't get it.

This is my travel power. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My travel power is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
Without me, my travel power is useless. Without my travel power, I am useless. I must fire my travel power true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will ...
My travel power and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit ...
My travel power is human, even as I [am human], because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my travel power clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will ...
Before God, I swear this creed. My travel power and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

There isn't. Disney would never permit one to exist.

The dozens and dozens of Star Wars Galaxies private servers that exist would prove that wrong. The most likely situation is that since nobody has or is willing to share the server code, it would have to be re-engingeered based just on the client side data and it just doesn't seem that there's another out there that has the talent, passion, and time, to do that.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

RosaParksOfDip posted:

They can't replicate it because the server was probably built with vacuum tubes, punchcards and steampunk-esque giant metal levers.

Although we assumed it was a series of levers, the actual server involved pressing a pair of buttons a specific number of times in order to make things happen.

edit: should be Marvel Heroes not Champions, but whatever.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Diabetic posted:

Oddly, I've found a card game called Marvel Champions that's really fun and weird like this game was.

God I miss it.

That's exactly why I made that mistake. Come join us talking about it! Thread is kind of dead(like that game hahaha jk...maybe?)

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Someday there will be another game that gives us a Dr.Doom ultimate where he's carried around on a throne while fireworks go off and a glorious anthem plays.

I hope I'm alive to see it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

phosdex posted:

Kinda thought it was a joke, but I've compiled the server and it does work.

So what is working and what is not?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

phosdex posted:

There's no enemies or items. So you can just run around a few of the maps, Midtown is open. I still have some data locally cached, the stash arrangement, currency counts. It's pretty cool to hear the idle voice lines again.

Even that is huge. This is a big first step to being able to get back what we lost.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Mahasamatman posted:

What was the point of setting up the private server if everything they add is OP as hell? Kermit's arm flail is clearing Lion King raid before I can even get out of the cutscenes, and its SFX are mixed poorly and way too loud...

Who the gently caress cares about that when Miss Piggy doesn't look fuckable anymore because they implemented "real woman" scaling on her body mesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

They need to find a way to implement the raid bosses in Midtown. Having a 5 hour timer for Ultron or Surtur showing up and seeing the entire server jump into Midtown to take them down would be amazing.

Like actual good world bosses, not like the poo poo that modern devs do where the rewards are so weak that people don't even bother helping kill them.