Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

gently caress Atwes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Kitty can permanently phase out of the map and use her basic (but nothing else) while there, so she's completely invincible but does practically no damage.

They are really going for accuracy here.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

When they added in the difficulty slider, the only people who were still trying to do a bunch of the testing and posting were people who liked the movement changes and wanted the nerf the dash distance.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Namaer posted:

On summoners do primary attributes increase pet damage? I played squirrel girl last night and the tooltip on her first trait didnt mention it.

No, there is currently nothing mentioned from the devs or any hints as to what they plan to do for summon damage in the future.

Also in comedy
http://steamcommunity.com/app/226320/reviews/?browsefilter=mostrecent&snr=1_5_reviews_&p=1&filterLanguage=all#scrollTop=0
The only thing similar to this is when Skyrim announced that they wanted to have premium mods

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Luceid posted:

uhhh, what? why are they removing uniques? that sounds like an odd choice

One of the reasons that they gave is that between the artwork and putting affixes on the unique, it would take the dev team AN ENTIRE WEEK to create a set of uniques for a single character.

edit: Like they would spend an entire week lovingly hand crafting their uniques and a bunch of them still ended up with tenacity on them.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Giedroyc posted:

Spider-Man is rather wank now. Or maybe it's because they balanced cosmic stuff to how you'll play the game in 6 months and decided the true challenge isn't falling asleep as you take minutes to beat up Taskmaster.

Also anyone who defends the movement changes as better or fun is a oval office.

I think half the people defending the movement changes actually think Gaz is going to create content centered around it, and a lot of those people think that Gaz fulfilled their promise when they changed a couple of boss fights this patch. Too bad they map design or bother with mob density/skills/aggro radius which is needed for when you make a change like this.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

So I built a Doom that feels pretty cool, but holy poo poo his damage is so pathetic. I don't know if it's just because I thought I'd run Cosmic Doom, but where I would usually blow the ultimate while Doom was transforming to his final form because it only took about half the ultimate to kill him, the entire ultimate did barely 1/3rd damage. I kind of feel like I should find out if that's just how Cosmic Doom is now, but on the other hand gently caress that, the fight was so goddamn long and boring.

It is something that has been reported constantly, but the TTKs at the moment are skyrocketing for cosmic stuff. My guess is when they scaled the damage down from the previous versions, they weren't assuming people had 50 points in any skills and they might have just started from 20 as a base point. That coupled with the infinity system being kinda lovely for getting damage at the moment, and the removal of passives, the relative damage has been drastically decreased. So expect kills to take a bit longer.

edit: Just to clarify something with the infinity system, if you wanted to increase your strength by 1, it isn't that you need to earn 25 infinity points, it is that you need to earn 150 infinity points. You get other stats out of it, but they might not be all that attractive for you. Also you travel a lot slower, you kill things slower, and it takes 10 times longer to earn an infinity point compared to an omega.

Grinning Goblin fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jan 21, 2017

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

Logged in, sorted through my garbage inventory backlog for 30 mins, quit. Also why do dashes have cooldowns in hubs? To stop us skipping past vendor content?

Someone on the O is pretty sure that people only use dashes and teleports inside of hubs to annoy him. Honestly though, watching the steam rating of MH for the past 30 days tank has been pretty funny lately.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/226320/reviews/?browsefilter=mostrecent&snr=1_5_reviews_&p=1&filterLanguage=all#scrollTop=0

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

cams posted:

yes. it is very good. it stagnated for a while but the game is changing in broad ways for the better.

if it fails to regain any sort of audience it will probably be goodbye which would suck cause i like this game but oh well.

you should probably actually play the game before telling people it is fun or not

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Leper Residue posted:

why the gently caress did I think gaz had gotten their poo poo together and fixed a damned thing. They just created a gently caress load more things for them to break and they did and holy poo poo what.

ah well I guess I didn't spend all that much time on em I mean 2174 hours is only 90 days and 14 hours and that's 3 months and like a little over half a day so that's also about the same amount of time I've been sober since I started playing this game so good life choices all around.

I mean Ryolnir left so you would think that would make them more competent on the whole...except they are now less competent.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Ok, Colossus can completely ignore damage in CMM so you can just lead the extra bosses to pubbies and watch them die, patch redeemed.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Bad news guys, GAZ IS FINISHED.

We all laughed at the threats, but how do they even BEGIN to recover?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Content is still pretty much trivialized if you have a pulse and a pair of neurons to form a thought. The main point of infinite teleports wasn't to avoid the blatant red outline, but to just get from one worthwhile encounter to the next, it is still piss easy to avoid poo poo from bosses with the limited dashes you have now. Killing bosses a bit more slowly isn't that big of a deal since it allows them to get some abilities off, but very little has changed in terms of actual playable content for the end game. The biggest change is that the 2s of invulnerability from medkits are gone and that really did need to go.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

At least Jean is getting Energy as a main attribute this upcoming week.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I think Ghostrider was the only one from that batch. I think the guy in charge of that commented on it.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Nechronic posted:

Are there any other heroes that scale with every stat? I wonder what the highest amount of total stats you can get on him is.

I think on the TC some pubbie kept popping the level 60 potions forever and in that system it capped out at 200 per attribute in the infinity system. Which would mean that in order to first get there, you would need around at least 30000 infinity points. There is also a very good chance that attributes are 8 bit addresses because that would be the gaziest thing ever.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Nechronic posted:

Are you saying potential stats from infinity are uncapped?

When I was talking about max stat total I should have specified from items/artifacts. I guess +all stats has a lot of value for him. I'll gave to get that Odin enchantment going.

Yeah, the attribute nodes from the infinity systems are technically uncapped. They just cost 25 points per str/dur/fight/speed/int/energy and with Taskmaster, you are probably spending your points on literally anything else on those pages that aren't pet damage or health. At the current moment if you were maxed out from before, the most you would get from these nodes would be 6 each, and some people probably poop socked their way up to 7 by now.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Ghost of Starman posted:

Aw... I'm disappointed that SW's Chaos Mastery talent (Unmake Reality gives 100% chance for random item effects for 4s) doesn't seem to apply to Medallions. :(
Does anyone know what it does, in fact, apply to? Just the five "equipment" items?

Probably broken.

malhavok posted:

I don't understand what the plan is for omega items but they are going to have to be pretty ridiculous to beat some of the uniques. If they don't people are going to be upset they can't get some of the stuff thats out now like Ms Marvels 7/7 slot 2.

They said that they will only have five normal stats on them and that they will be very large. So I would be expecting giant chunks of DR or like 1k ratings. The omega affixes themselves that they revealed are all pretty much hot garbage though, the majority of them were "This bouncing ability bounces 3 more times, DOES NOT STACK".

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Drythe posted:

Who has a fun Spiderman build?

Just play jumping spider now. The only moves of his that don't have iframes is when you are putting down the webbing and whatever his best filler is.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Sorry that juggernaut was playing the way he was supposed to. Can't have that.

For a little bit of the stream on Friday, Asros was playing Juggernaut and he was stopping to punch people.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Oh hey, favored attributes update:

Iron Man is going Int/Energy
Magneto is going Int/Energy

Rocket Raccoon is no longer changing and staying as Int/Energy

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

I wonder if the Steam response to the patch has made them consider rushing the rebrand to wipe out all the negative reviews, or if it's made them hesitant about pushing out a rebrand and losing all the positive reviews.

The rebrand didn't reset the reviews for 2016, it only happened from Marvel Heroes -> Marvel Heroes 2015. Not sure if they need to change something else, but if they rebrand soonish then a bunch of people who just wrote negative reviews are probably just going to come back and write them again.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

They should just kill off pet stats. They are dumb and have only caused dumb problems. Since this is Gaz, they are a complete lock.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

MMAgCh posted:

Yeah, I think they're genuinely starting to lose me.

Maybe you just need to spend more time in treasure chest rooms being challenged by trash.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Wait, in this patch did they actually consolidate all non sig powers to work with power duration or is that still random as gently caress?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

I'm the developer who took a character who already has a blood resource mechanic and who doesn't use a gun in the majority of his moves and says "yes, his primary resource should be ammunition".

do you know how to dress yourself or do you just roll around on the floor of your home until enough stuff sticks to you so you aren't indecent?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Jedit posted:

Anyone else get an "access denied" error when downloading the latest patch?

Prel is stepping up his game.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I remember checking his twitter around November to see if there was anything about MH, it was all redhat nonsense and stuff about legion. I'm afraid to see if he is really doubling down on all of this dumb poo poo now.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Jusupov posted:

Uhh the new meta is that cmm is hard and you want all the revives you can get

I thought the new meta was staying awake as you slowly make your way to the fights in cmm.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Marvel Heroes 2016 2.0: Content now takes longer and is less rewarding so you don't need anything new

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I think Kelp has been playing though. We should make him SG leader again.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Waiting for AP4 to include Jubilee, Falcon, Kamala Khan, and Wasp.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Currently the end game is running around CMM, once they fix Hightown, it will be running around Cosmic Hightown and CMM. They didn't really add in any new content in 2.0, but they kinda changed chapters 2, 3, 5, and 6 to be super linear.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Just you wait until everyone has 30000 infinity points, then taskmaster is going to shine

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I think reddit has a thread that updates those.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Mr. Whale posted:

Umm, mods?

It is always ok to nerf nazis.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Legion is a mutant though.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

In just 4 minutes you could heal up an average hp character if nothing else hits you though

I mean, HP/S is a weird stat because it is one of those "every point you stack is worth more than the last until you completely negate enemy dps", but it is only really applicable in situations where sustained damage is an issue. So basically it is just as useless as -10s off your ult because burst damage is the only thing that is dangerous if you are running cosmic stuff.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

scissorman posted:

What's the next step upon reaching level 60?
I just got my first character (Summoner Colossus) to max level and I'm a bit stuck.
I tried the cosmic trial but failed it twice due to not doing enough damage.
I tried to grind for better gear but stopped because everything that dropped was strictly worse than what I already had.
Right now I switched characters to find one with better damage but I'd like to see what else you can do in the endgame.

Doing the Hammer Bay Weekly/Daily missions, One Shots, and Raids(if people are doing any at the moment) to gain some commendations so you can eventually upgrade your gear to ilevel 66/69. If you want to prestige, use your cube shards for gourds, if you don't want to taint your white name because we live in Trump's America, then use cube shards to buy Fortune Cards and pray for a BIF/SHIELD item acquisition potion or whatever they went with. You are probably hurting for some artifacts and you probably don't have a whole lot of Infinity points at the moment and those can help with your damage situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

1-10 is going to be pretty different for every character in terms of "how do they play" and I'm not sure if the new system is really doing it any favors. Honestly, the best advice I can give is play your favorite character from the comics unless it is Taskmaster.