Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Still mostly playing Orcs Must Die: Unchained but diligently downloading the patch on my slow-rear end DSL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Messed around for a couple hours. Ranged Taskmaster was ok but not great. Dr. Strange was a little better but I really want 2 more hotkeys on him. I'd really like to see dash/teleport/cc breaks and signatures have their own keybinding since every hero needs those 2 skills. Human Torch was amazing, love how he plays now and the variety of builds.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Tried out chains Ghost Rider and, man, GR got ruined. His awesome bike-riding badass ult got changed to a wimpy, crappy thing where tiny chains appear and spin around and spit fire on their own with no control of where they do damage. He has no spirit restore anymore. Chains Ablaze got changed to a steroid instead of a passive and you have to choose between it or Infernal Contract. Penance Stare's damage is pathetic. All of his uniques have Str and Int on them but he gets damage from Str and Energy. Like many heroes, he suffers from not enough hotkeys and again really needs his dash and signature to have their own keybindings. But at least he's still durable while doing crap damage.

Also tried out melee Vision. It's hard to find a good balance with him. He's simpler to play now but also suffers from needing 2 more hotkeys. His damage output is better than ever but he's farrrr squishier now that there's no bar space for healing nanites or his invisibility. Also charmed pets like his robot require you to have the charm ability on your hotbar now. So you fly in, pop your 2 big explosions from sig and overclocking, then just die. Stacking up defense through infinity nodes and talents does help a lot but not quite enough. And fighting non-bosses just blows because there's no space on your bar for any decent aoe besides your sig and overclocking.

Overall so far, despite Human Torch being awesome, I'm in the camp of the game is way less fun now.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 23, 2017

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

On the other side of survivability issues is Human Torch who now facetanks anything in full dps gear/spec.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Toshimo posted:

Post this build because I'm having a hell of a time with this.

http://i.imgur.com/4adtPGB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zbXR0E9.jpg

Runeword is Bowazon. Infinity points are all spent offensively. The health restore on Torch's sig talent just keeps him going along with all my health on hit.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

Does Torch's heal talent scale the heal with the sig's damage? I don't think you'll find many people who also have 20 in his ultimate.

It heals a percentage of your max health per second so it doesn't scale with ult ranks and other sig boosting stuff.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

bosses no longer gain immunity to soft CC effects like Slows.

Does this mean we should all be using Loki and Iceman's synergies?

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Welp, I take back what I said before, game's actually p. fun again. Just had to figure out a few playable heroes.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I was asked for my Magneto build in sg chat.

Magneto, 2:10 ttk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoYc_iYQBKE

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Lux Aeterna posted:

what is the new ttk expectation now? sub 2:30 with carol/mrf being king of the dummies?

Currently it seems like 2:30's is normal/acceptable, low 2:00's is great, and sub-2 is broken. But most of us are still doing ttk's without stuff like full challenge bonuses and perfect pets since all the +fighting on our gear was made less than optimal so the acceptable ttk will get pushed back some.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

gently caress football forever, what a dumb sport

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I did an extremely lazy spreadsheet of TTK times so I can more easily see who needs a TTK:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LjM0TVdsl23CB5R15nVkIwSaZ70gVOnOVtSX1St2lN8/edit#gid=0

If the TTK community can stop calling this test temporary until MH settles down and I'm still playing by then, I'll turn it into a detailed spreadsheet once again.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Toshimo posted:

How much closer to middle of the pack would Taskmaster be at 2% per attribute instead of 1.5%?

My own TM would have about 55% more damage/2200 more DR so eh... Would shave about 15s off.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Nice. I changed my Human Torch setup to keep him overheated as long as I can:
http://i.imgur.com/JXL77n6.jpg

Got the Homing Flares build down to 2:20 from 2:34 but gave Arcfire weaving with the talent another shot and got that down to 2:10. Should have HT sub-2 soon.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Toshimo posted:

Why Batroc's?

It gives HT better TTK times than his own boots or the hydra ones.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

Is that Thor Ye Olde Ranged Build (now w/Talents) or something new? I know you can talent Hammer Strike to be ranged, but since there's people complaining that CtS is so much stronger than any melee build I feel like you probably don't want the CtS cooldown+Hammer Strike ranged filler build. Or maybe you do what do I know

In my testing, CtS and Hammer Strike give the same ttk times. I'm working on a Hammer Strike ttk that should beat that 2 minute time. I have it down to 2:04 with a few more things to add to Thor. It's no different than that Godly Smite build other than putting a different ability on your left-click and I swapped one artifact for Demonicus.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

The proc fireball damage on the Book of Eidon is broken and bonkers atm and is scaling with your damage stats. Use it while it's good!

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

Angela's time came down 10s since I made this, dropping the mean (red circle) a bit. Taskmaster is the outlier circle. He's not even close to the pack.

So, obviously, gaz is hitting a Mr. F power that won't cripple his build, and doing nothing for the taxman.

Deadpoo, Loki, and War Machine have the same low dps as TM. I'm going to get some videos up for them soon. Not sure who else is also that low.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Kokoro Wish posted:

Got a build on that Angela? Just want to compare to what I'm doing atm.

FIFroc did a 2:10 Angela ttk without using 100% cost reduction while also only having a rank 6 ult and 3/5 challenge bonuses. No build but you may be able to glean what he was doing from the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoMG5b9hRIk

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

The Infernal Warskrull / cultists wave in CHT also fills the BIF bar crazy fast. I always get at least 2 boxes from one wave and usually get 3 at 5 stacks of the boost. Definitely something screwy there but mow down those cultists while it lasts.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

madcow posted:

Pretty sure he also said that they won't be adding end-game boss items to it, at least any time soon.

I've gotten a Sabretooth's Furry Mane and Doomsday Chair and I forget what other boss items from mine so far.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Jesus Christ, Juggernaut's one of the very highest damage heroes now with this 1:08 ttk from PraetorKamahl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWuacNN92AM

Look at those 8, 9, and 10 million brutals! LOOK AT THEM! DISGUSTING! #NOTMYMARVELHEROES

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Holy drat this looks sweet as heck

Too bad he has 0 playstyles I can enjoy.

I want my GR default costumes back from the grinder. :mad:

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Yes, I did. Nothing makes Hammer of Storms not bad. But otherwise Thor is great atm.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Ghost Rider's Hell on Wheels ability is the most amazing thing for bounty clears right now. I can finally farm terms again. It's hilarious how many SHIELD boxes you get from it. Had one today with epic loot that had a costume, tm token, punisher tu token, cosmic Essence of Dread, and other stuff I forget. Downside is you don't get a lot of credits or unstables this way.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I was so excited and happy to finally get a cosmic UEB just now. Then Azrael pointed out what's happening to it tomorrow. Figures I'd get it just a few hours before it becomes worse than Cargill's.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I already posted a 3:48 for him awhile back and have him in the 3:20's since then...sigh...

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

malhavok posted:

At this point when a hero's stash fills with uniques i basically quit playing them cause dealing with that poo poo is too annoying.

Just vendor uniques if you've got your pets all set.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

ICR, I maxed Winter Soldier's ult and did ttk's on him to try to lure you back more often with an awesome time. But all the builds I tried are right at 2:40 - melee, ranged, and aoe. I think he can be pretty fun if his issues ever get patched up.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

So, somebody who has a couple decent TTKs finally decided to bite the bullet and give us a Captain America time. It was eight minutes. The next lowest is 3:14.

Chris Evans is Captain America.
Chris Evans is Anti-Trump.
Asros is Pro-Trump.

It all connects. :tinfoil:

pwturty is a colossal idiot with zero decent ttk's.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

As someone with 5800+ hours played, game's gotten pretty fun again and I now like the changes. And I like what they've announced is coming.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Zaekkor posted:

Haven't played in a long time. Decided to check it out again for a time killer when I'm bored on WoW..lots has changed. Not sure what I want to play now. So many options!

Currently unlocked / leveled:

Cable 1/60
Dr. Strange 11/60
Gambit 26/60
Human Torch 60/60
Iceman 2/60
Nightcrawler 35/60
Squirrel Girl 26/60
Storm 25/60
Thor 60/60
Venom 1/60

I don't even know where to begin..

Cable, Venom, and Gambit have low damage issues. The rest are pretty amazing atm.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

tc patch notes posted:

The Cosmic Demon Spawn affix has been retired from the game. On your gear you will notice that this affix has been rerolled to Cosmic Might.

If you're hunting for a good cosmic, watch for ones with the N'garai proc.

tc patch notes posted:

Deadpool’s Hulk Hand Arrow was playing a voice over effect on activation much more frequently than intended, which has been corrected.

:toot: I made a thread complaining about it and they're fixing it.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 10, 2017

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Gaz got me curious so I spent all day finding how Squirrel Girl could be incredibly overtuned. Was not disappointed.

Squirrel Girl, Summoner, 1:10 ttk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGjql5UUzLo
Build: http://marvelheroes.info/build/3442/

When not abusing Book of Eibon and Symbiote Infestation it's a 1:37 ttk. In both some of her squirrels get summoned outside the room and have to run in. So her dps is actually a little higher than this.

I'm not gonna download test center just to see how nerfed it is.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Squirrel Girl is still pretty dang good after her nerfs. Hulkbuster squirrels got buffed a ton without being put in the patch notes. TTK's are 1:39 for pure ranged and 1:34 for melee with this build: http://marvelheroes.info/build/3442/

Come back and lead us to glory again, Kelp.

I didn't test Iron Fist 'cause I hate playing him.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Here you go, davebo. My Deadpool build pulling a 2:06 ranged ttk and 2:11 melee: http://marvelheroes.info/build/3819/

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Is that Ice-T?

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Reliquaries of Rarity from Odin boxes are dropping ilvl 69 insignias.

http://i.imgur.com/Su5mQSK.jpg

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

ICP is today's daily and all the bosses there are dropping ARMOR drives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

Once upon a time, the Heavily Modified Mercenary Assault Rifle was good for Deadpool, Storm, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Punisher, Hawkeye, Magneto, Squirrel Girl, & Taskmaster, and the Improved Arc Reactor was good on Deadpool (Ranged), Ironman, Juggernaut, War Machine, Rogue, & Storm. Do these still hold true?

Also, would Captain Marvel benefit from the IAR?

The Improved Arc Reactor is trash for IM, WM, and Deadpool. Captain Marvel I'm not sure about; she's pretty different from them. Leduyanhuy uses it on his 1:06 ttk Juggernaut. The Assault Rifle on ranged/physical heroes only comes close to a Fragment of Twilight but does not beat it. It's acceptable if you don't have enough frags to go around.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 26, 2017