Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do I have to change my gear for Emma Frost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Get it?!

Because yesterday.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The game only ever had one build per hero before too, with an exception or two.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I feel like an idiot for asking this, but as Jean Grey how do you become dark phoenix?

Her first talent tier is what sets what type of Jean you want.

To pop into phoenix form (or super phoenix form if you're already phoenix) you have an ability called Phoenix Unleashed or something like that.

Edit: It's called Expel Phoenix Force now apparently.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 23, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Their other game shut down last week, apparently.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Toshimo posted:

ESL as gently caress

Still an improvement on ICR.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just like your jokes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jusupov posted:

You were kicked for being super racist

What did he do, continually call black people chocolate men?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Those are terrible colors Sue what are you doing?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Her swords weigh 900 pounds, she needs a sturdy belt.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hawkeye.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Most actual summoners were good going into the rework.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Noir used a gun, right? That would mean an enhanced costume, and that pipeline is currently full with ones that make male characters into women.

Vvv oh yeah vvv

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 16, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When your crafter is level 20 (or maybe 19? It's been a while) you can throw in 3 costumes (and some extras but they're plentiful) to get 1 randomly selected one. For most players these are the extra defaults gained from prestige.

I can't even remember if costumes can still drop.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"just uproot 5 powers from Future Fight" is also Future Fight's new character design philosophy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The chapter world bosses like Electro, Venom, Rhino etc. used to drop a costume almost every kill.

Good times.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Inhuman parents choose their child's superhero name first, and then make their real name work around it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The objectives have all pretty much been Limbo, Midtown demons, or specific bosses so I doubt they switch it up now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Once they're checked cycle through the tracker until they show up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marvel has relaxed on X-Men restrictions lately.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not any less than having them come out of his head.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah they just swapped it with the Captain Marvel one. So it's for sale instead of the default now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marvel doesn't allow X-Men and related characters in video games anymore. Except Deadpool. But if they already had a contract from back when they were, it's okay. That's mostly just MH now, but Avengers Alliance on Facebook used to have X-Men. But since Marvel still needs to approve every character and costume Gaz adds, if they want to keep blocking them even with that contract they can.

They used to not even allow merchandise but they've opened up on that. There's still no X-Men stuff at Disney stores or parks or anything, but other companies have been allowed to make figures and statues and stuff.

It all applies to the Fantastic Four too. Spider-Man merchandise never went anywhere even before the Sony cooperation though because he's worth way too much to Marvel.

There were hints the new X-Men comic stuff was going to result in getting them back into games but nothing came of it so far. The actual X-Men resurgence event only starts in a couple of months so it's possible they'll tie that in.

The 'get in trouble' thing they're referencing is that when Fantastic Four came out Gaz did the lowest effort of events for it. It was like a sale and server side XP boost for the F4 cast. Marvel still got mad at them about it.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 23, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Now I need to think again, thanks a lot Gaz.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

According to Wikipedia the chemical they used to flavor the carts is a bittering agent known to be basically the most bitter thing on Earth. After this thread, of course.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

multiple Switch games

I have some bad news.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They changed the thing I literally whined for 2 years about and I'm super mad about it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PureRok posted:

I don't understand the limitation on dodge/teleport moves when they give you a travel power with it's own button now. Now I just fly over everything instead of repeatedly hitting W. :shrug:

It's slower.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The X-Men movies may be bad but they're better than all but two or three X-Men comic runs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was probably ICR.

To both.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

To give the true Iron Fist experience it would probably need to be +100% cooldown -100% damage, and then periodically it calls you a slur.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What's durable about a guy in a trenchcoat?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Landmines are shaped charges. The force is channeled upwards, or forwards in the case of one strapped to a chest.

Something an intelligent person would know.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I had like 4 of those.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kainser posted:

How has nobody posted COSTUME WARS yet???

Images linked in the thread https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/317674/costume-wars-2017-voting-ends-4-10/p1

Voted exclusively for Emma costumes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

statesman had a really dumb design and the only reason anyone likes him is lingering affection for city of heroes

He looked dumb because he had to be makable in City of Heroes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have strong opinions on bad Diablos.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ICR's weeks last a month so it's understandable when he doesn't get it, but what's your excuse?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's only new if it has new art assets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It says there's nothing shared between PC and PS4.