Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Eugenics, not a nazi tho just genetic diseases autism down syndrome etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
look out for numba one

that's my motto!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

hth posted:

i agree with the first but denver could very easily turn into a bay area-esque shithole without affordable housing initiatives

The bay area is a special case since existing property owners shoot down all new housing efforts with the help of local environmentalists

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
If you ever question a police officer they should have the right to arrest you in the most violent way possible.

Cops have also never shot anyone that didn't deserve it.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
jesus i guess

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
What's in it for me?
What is in it for me?
"What is in it for me?"
"What's in it for me?"

Bitch! What's in it for me?

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
the purpose of violence is to prevent further violence, so therefore if we commit violence and further violence occurs, we obviously have not committed enough violence then we should obviously be ethically obligated to carpetnuke earth to prevent all further violence

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Sometimes it's ok to get hosed over, like when the people you dont like get hosed over worse

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Kuato posted:

We need more wars of aggression. Not sure against who, but they just need to happen.

That's a Democrat position. Until tomorrow.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think international trade is nice

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Flavahbeast posted:

I think international trade is nice

This, TPP was a good idea and protecting our intellectual property in asia is essential for the United States to be a leader in business.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
debt is undesirable.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmbyWGCwX90

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

ColoradoCleric posted:

This, TPP was a good idea and protecting our intellectual property in asia is essential for the United States to be a leader in business.

it would probably be more stable to appoint a colonial leader to their provinces

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

ColoradoCleric posted:

Maybe having low taxes encourages businesses to reinvest their money into projects that actually improve efficiency or pay back people who invested in them by risking their own capital.

or just put it in an account and let it accrue interest rather than risking it?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

the Bible is good and true

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Commie NedFlanders posted:

or just put it in an account and let it accrue interest rather than risking it?

can't tell if this is a troll or you're actually dumb.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Neurosis posted:

can't tell if this is a troll or you're actually dumb.

ok i understand paying back investments & such, but the idea that tax cuts leads to job creation is just bunk because there are far better ways to grow that money than to pay more in labor costs

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Commie NedFlanders posted:

ok i understand paying back investments & such, but the idea that tax cuts leads to job creation is just bunk because there are far better ways to grow that money than to pay more in labor costs

eh? labour costs????

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

ColoradoCleric posted:

pay back people who invested in them by risking their own capital.

Hahahahahahaha

Yeah okay.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
gender reassignment surgery and HRT should not be subsidised by the government or performed by government institutions

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
if'n y'all ain't got an awl well, GIT ONE

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bag em and tag em posted:

Hahahahahahaha

Yeah okay.

right people don't deserve compensation for risking money they worked hard for

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The whole country should convert to Christianity and turn to a life of Godliness.

it should be legal to run over protesters

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Egbert Souse posted:

The whole country should convert to Christianity and turn to a life of Godliness.

it should be legal to run over protesters

one of these doesn't seem very conservative to me

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Most identity politics: bad. Islam: all bad.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

ColoradoCleric posted:

right people don't deserve compensation for risking money they worked hard for

No no. You misunderstand. I don't think this shouldnt happen. I just think "here have a tax break" will tend to result in that getting distributed in a much much narrower fashion.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bag em and tag em posted:

No no. You misunderstand. I don't think this shouldnt happen. I just think "here have a tax break" will tend to result in that getting distributed in a much much narrower fashion.

spending resulting from tax breaks will disseminate throughout the economy a lot more efficiently and not tank the value of the dollar rather than giving it to poor people who will immediately go out and spend it and drive up prices for commodities.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Hereditary wealth is natural and the way things are supposed to work. The cream rises to the top, and in time the rich will become a race of genetically better supermen. If you don't like this idea you just jelly you aren't one of the good people.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

ColoradoCleric posted:

spending resulting from tax breaks will disseminate throughout the economy a lot more efficiently and not tank the value of the dollar rather than giving it to poor people who will immediately go out and spend it and drive up prices for commodities.

wouldn't a surge of consumer spending just spur demand and necessitate job creation?

i can't think of a reason a business owner would hire more people unless.....well....they needed to

i feel like the assumption behind supply side economics is that business owners are just inclined to Create Jobs and will do so any chance they have if only they had more money and as soon as they get that money they are gonna start making jobs and giving raises left and right

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
marriage = 1 man + 1 woman

none of this poly mormon poo poo

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Most of the people I know who are always conservative on every single issue seem to barely make rent each month but when something like "let's tax the rich 2% for health care or other things that will help poor people" they are right there to complain about it even though it would benefit them most of the time.

Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

Death penalty and torture are a-ok in my book

Castle Law should apply nationwide and extend to all outbuildings and personal vehicles

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

doverhog posted:

Hereditary wealth is natural and the way things are supposed to work. The cream rises to the top, and in time the rich will become a race of genetically better supermen. If you don't like this idea you just jelly you aren't one of the good people.

Top end class systems encourage limited genetic pools through inbreeding which results in sickly inferior specimens artificially propped up by immense wealth.

Also bullets are really cheap and poor people can just shoot you.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Concealed carry prevents criminal recidivism, considering they usually die.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Outpost22 posted:

marriage = 1 man + 1 woman

none of this poly mormon poo poo

Marriage = 1 ordinary man and 1 incrementally more fabulous man

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

ColoradoCleric posted:

Statistically 80% of concealed carry persons are most likely to be shot by their own weapon rather then injured by their assailant. They are just that dumb.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

oldpainless posted:

Most of the people I know who are always conservative on every single issue seem to barely make rent each month but when something like "let's tax the rich 2% for health care or other things that will help poor people" they are right there to complain about it even though it would benefit them most of the time.

so what you're saying is that marx was right

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Triangle Shirt Factotum posted:

People passing off their unique, recently discovered gender with a whole set of pronouns are idiots trying to be a unique snowflake without actually putting in any effort to be interesting.

"A bloo bloo bloo, traditional genders just don't define the real me". Well poo poo, I'm pretty sure I'm still a dude, even if I like watching ballet and know how to knit/sew.

get out of my head bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.

ColoradoCleric posted:

Oh yeah that reminded me! Abortion rates correlate to lower crime rates.

• Locked thread