Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

So Islam is scientifically the light?? Agreed.

Islam is ideologically bred for conquest, not development. So it's really good at one thing, but not the other. Still, it's recent ascendancy shows it's superior to western liberalism, as it currently exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

I liked it better when it was called Negrotown

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
There's nothing wrong with blacks or other coloureds, I just wish they would stop whining about racism. Get off your rear end and work, don't be "gansta", and you too can be successful. Long ago the whites had the best culture, and that's why they rule the earth today. Don't cry about the past, focus on getting better in the present.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
It's okay to burn books if you're really, really cold.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Ork of Fiction posted:

It's okay to burn books if you're really, really cold.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Islam is poo poo.

(religion is poo poo)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ork of Fiction posted:

Islam is ideologically bred for conquest, not development. So it's really good at one thing, but not the other. Still, it's recent ascendancy shows it's superior to western liberalism, as it currently exists.
Development through conquest. :jihad:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Son of Rodney posted:

I also think liberals, just liked hippies before them, have collapsed into black holes of self-importance and are hurting their causes and views, which imo are mostly right and proper, much worse at this point than their opponents. When you call large demographics uncultured, racist, ignorant, stupid or just generally bad, you make these people oppose you instead of reaching a beneficial compromise.

I'd call myself liberal at heart, but hearing about micro-aggressions or safe-spaces, combined with the all white people are evil mantra, I can't take these people seriously at all.
I think it will ... recede. Or at least mutate. But I agree and am thinking it was an inquisition that came to predominate during the latter Obama years at least here in the U.S.. And if you pointed out examples of its most ridiculous excesses, the response you'd get would be "oh no one cares what some idiots think on Tumblr" but it wasn't Tumblr.

Like the white professor who passed herself off as black. That was somehow on CNN for two days. I swear to God, a national news story. She fictionalized her background, but also had a black husband, black kids. Why does any of this matter? Who cares. But she was exiled or sent off into the woods or something. And there were people warning that this stuff would lead to a backlash, and that if you tell white people they are irredeemably racist, they will not only internalize that but reconcile it with the fact that they like being white.

So there's a big, ugly, vengeful reaction and after a few years people will get sick of that, and something else will come up.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

When we were kids, conservatives would get mad when we used swear words, and they hated fun.

Now we're adults and nu-liberals get mad when you use swear words, and they hate fun.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
guns are good

especially now that we're in Trump Land

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm rapidly aging, and ceaselessly complain about things.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Zeroisanumber posted:

You mean from 1516-1916 when it was under Ottoman rule and the Millet System saw diverse groups of people and religions living together in harmony?

The millet system was cool as hell. Syria was a major cultural center for far longer than that even - the middle east bloomed while Europe was in the dark ages. Aleppo is one of the oldest continuously settled cities in the world(perhaps the oldest?) - it's a drat shame what's happening there.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Poor people can loving starve to death and corporations should be allowed to completely wreck the commons if it makes them a quick buck

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://twitter.com/DinkMagic/status/822556451214336000

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
america is good

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
You should not try to fight god. He will kill you, your family, and your whole continent.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Even if you have AMRAAM's?

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Are you a woman? Oh, you are?

Good.

I control your rights

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've got a big floppy hog and it's good when the girls suck and slobber on it

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

God is an American and we should ensure all of our children are raised in school systems that teach TRUE education from the Bible, not this liberally funded science hokum that pretends like we're monkey-people or whatever nonsense they're lying to us about today

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

nickhimself posted:

Are you a woman? Oh, you are?

Good.

I control your rights

*tweets death and rape threats 24/7

firebeats
May 8, 2016

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

If'n you ain't from here, don't live here!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The Moon Monster posted:

Islam is poo poo.

(religion is poo poo)

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

If you are welfare and you can't stop committing crimes (say 10 convictions) you should be thrown in a work camp for a 5 year stint doing the most back breaking, soul crushingly pointless work for 12 hours a day. If you get out and continue on with your lovely life of crime, you go back in for another 5 years.

This can happen 3 times and after that you just get executed and your body is hosed into an incinerator.

I have no problem with people on welfare unless they decide to make other people's lives miserable.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit
Prison wouldn't be so bad if the inmates would just agree to be nice to each other.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Now here's a whopper: i believe that democracy is a flawed system as many people are literally too dumb and uneducated to know what they're voting for. There should therefore be a test or something similar you should be required to pass in order to vote. How you secure that it's not hijacked idk make everyone get a gun too idgaf.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Police are not perfect and should be held to a higher standard of morality than the average citizen, but BLM is borderline terrorism and should be denounced as such

Ghetto culture and willful ignorance are the biggest threats to black people

Son of Rodney posted:

Now here's a whopper: i believe that democracy is a flawed system as many people are literally too dumb and uneducated to know what they're voting for. There should therefore be a test or something similar you should be required to pass in order to vote. How you secure that it's not hijacked idk make everyone get a gun too idgaf.

This is why a true democracy - or any pure uncompromising ideology - can never work and why most of western society is governed by a democratic republic instead

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The government shouldn't be used to equalize people's outcomes in life, you're only responsible for yourself.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

nazis should get punched in the face

(sorry, i know that's the old conservative opinion and not the new one)

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

what does god need with an F-35?

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Freestyle posted:

Brutally ripping babies to pieces before they are even born is not ok.

getting an abortion because you're not ready to have a kid is killing something. i don't think it should be illegal or anything but when you're doing an abortion on a thing where you can clearly see where the eyes and limbs are gonna be the "it's a CLUSTER OF CELLS" thing seems kind of disingenuous and it's absurd to assume that people's opposition to it could be only be misogynistic.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Brutally ripping up holes is good, though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

garfield hentai posted:

getting an abortion because you're not ready to have a kid is killing something. i don't think it should be illegal or anything but when you're doing an abortion on a thing where you can clearly see where the eyes and limbs are gonna be the "it's a CLUSTER OF CELLS" thing seems kind of disingenuous and it's absurd to assume that people's opposition to it could be only be misogynistic.

It's good actually

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Libertarianism isn't conservative.

Anyway, the police are good. As are people being polite to each other.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Son of Rodney posted:

That would be a great way to undermine the legitimacy of a democracy and create a resentful and likely easily led underclass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

#ownedforeverprotestors

• Locked thread