Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Ya'll have probably talked about this on page 1900123890123 of one of those megathreads whose names are always changing but surely this deserves its own thread

Turns out, unbeknownst to Hilary, that one of things driving donations was the unique access it gave to the next POTUS

quote:

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/19/clinton-foundation-seen-at-a-crossroads-after-hillary-clintons-dashed-white-house-dreams.html

As emails disclosed by WikiLeaks laid bare internal concerns about how the Clinton Foundation's funding might impact the former Secretary of State's run for the Oval Office, former President Bill Clinton announced in August that the nonprofit would reject corporate and foreign donations if Hillary Clinton prevailed in her campaign.

Yet as the country prepares to inaugurate President-elect Donald Trump, the point may be moot at best, philanthropy experts told CNBC recently. That is because neither Clinton will occupy a prominent role in government in the immediate future—curtailing the willingness of at least some big donors to try and curry favor with the foundation by writing large checks.

Because Hillary Clinton is no longer seen as a president in waiting, contributors may look elsewhere and the foundation may have to rethink its scope and priorities, these experts say.

The foundation did not respond to numerous requests for comment from CNBC.

"I would expect there will be much greater difficulties in fundraising for the organization," Leslie Lenkowsky, a professor with Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at Indiana University, told CNBC in an interview.

Hillary Clinton "technically has no political prospects ahead of her. They're both important people, but dealing with a past president and future president were attractive to a number of donors," Lenkowsky said. Some of the largest checks came from a range of influential donors like the governments of Norway, Australia and Kuwait.

"Some of that goodwill will disappear, [and] they will have to raise money the old fashioned way, which is proving they deserve it," he added.

Turns out the gulf states weren't just giving the foundation millions of dollars because of all the good work they did in Haiti. Who'd a thunk it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
and that was money well spent

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
as terrible as trump is, this is the kind of poo poo you'd never be able to prove conclusively, had he not been elected

this is loving gold

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

"Some of that goodwill will disappear, [and] they will have to raise money the old fashioned way, which is proving they deserve it," he added.

I enjoyed this low-key burn, lmao

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I had to scroll through pages of brebtbairt and patriotnews articles on googlenews to find an MSM story to post because liberals are still in denial about the entire Clinton campaign

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
we appreciate your sacrifice, but you're going to have to detox/decontaminate, or we'll have to quarantine you

you understand, of course

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

i mean, is this really news to anyone?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm glad those kids won't be able to get malaria and aids medicine next year, great job everyone, you did it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

finally

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Good that corruption is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm glad those kids won't be able to get malaria and aids medicine next year, great job everyone, you did it

Its actually all part of bill gates' conspiracy to funnel more money into his bill and melinda foundation to further consolidate his power, thats why he used backdoors built into windows pc's in russia to hack her emails. hth

• Locked thread