Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Blitz7x posted:

Lol how do you go through life knowing you look like the advisor in every movie who gets fired by the president for incompetence

This is a really good descriptor for Miller. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Going down to Texas in November to visit my sister, and I have made her swear to bring me to only the finest BBQ joints.

Her taste in food is suspect, so I am prepared to be disappointed.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Blitz7x posted:

Moving from NC to Texas has been an adjustment for sure, but this beef brisket thing they've going on is actually good

Excellent. While I didn't care for it when I was younger, my fondness for brisket has recently increased greatly. To the point of surpassing pulled pork, which I wouldn't have dreamed of 5 years ago.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
drat. ESPN must really have been looking for a reason to suspend her to placate the worst of their fanbase. That is some hair trigger bullshit.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Migraines are weird and awful. I have only had one in my entire life, but it lasted for a solid 5 days. I couldn't go from sitting to standing without my vision going white and feeling like I was going to vomit from the pain and nausea.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

No Butt Stuff posted:

Yeah, she shot it down. I'm seeing a therapist on my own instead, although I may be willing to try couples therapy. I think a lot of this is her blaming her inherent unhappiness due to depression on our relationship and really standing by that (her words), but I dunno if that's all of it or what.

While all situations are unique, not being willing to see a couples therapist should be very concerning. But I am sure you know that already. Since you are seeing a therapist on your own, have you floated the possibility of her doing the same?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

No Butt Stuff posted:

She does. She hasn't in like 3 weeks. Yesterday I told her regardless of what happens she needs to get back on that couch.

Huh? She is willing to see a therapist by herself, but is unwilling to go to a couple's therapist? That seems strange. Has she given any justification?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

No Butt Stuff posted:

She went to the first couple's therapy session, then basically said "i'm just doing this to help him get over it" at which point the therapist suggested maybe she not come for a while (if ever.)

Yikes. That is a person who has no real desire to truly reconcile.

Raising Arizon is excellent, that's why.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

pubic works project posted:

Well drat!!! I guess I should sever and die alone?

Update: She said I can get SoW, she just had an issue with my preordering the Gold Edition since I preordered all this other stuff. I can get the standard edition.

Also I have a soft spot for Gone in 60 Seconds.

Your wife is right. Only chumps pre-order. She's probably sad she married a chump.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

No Butt Stuff posted:

I use my wife's prime student membership because i'm frugal (and only i have the password)

So that's why you are so hesitant.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
More like wetblanketflesh.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Advance splinter cells for a Red Dawn scenario?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Amy Pole Her posted:

He could openly call Obama a slur and he'd maybe lose 3-5%

It pains me to say this, but I don't think this is true.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I desperately need to clean out my side of the garage before the first snow fall.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I was always told it would be tough turning 30. Frankly, turning 31 last month was worse. Not sure why, but being in my 30s just felt different than being 30.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I don't wanna.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Quiet Feet posted:

Just got back from Costco. We're going to be the house that hands out full-size candy bars this year.

Sir, I solute you. :patriot:

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Quiet Feet posted:

Man, that's loving garbage.

We only get about 30-ish kids every year so I figured we could get away with it. We end up with a ton of candy leftover even telling kids to take 2-3 pieces, so I figured instead of buying 150 or whatever fun-sized we may as well upgrayde.

Count the number of kids that show up this year so you can compare to next. See if candy word of mouth exists.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Its allowed to be both.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I don't know. That looks like Melania to me. But I very well may have contracted goon face blindness.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
While I think that's her, gently caress it, I'm all aboard the stunt double Melania conspiracy train.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Eli Wiggum posted:

for health reasons alone I don't see how trump makes it to 2020

I really wish I was this optimistic. The dude is a mortal lock to be prez until the end of his term.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I don't respect men who don't own any tools

I have a bunch of tools in my basement I used exactly once. Feels good man.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

FizFashizzle posted:

McClellan gets a bad rap.

Skipped a page and was totally ready to get mad about Shea McClellan.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Athanatos posted:

I'm guessing you got banned from discord again?

If you can convince the majority (7) of a Jury of your peers to say "Yes", then you can come back to the Chat thread:

There are your 12 angry men. You can have 1 post in this thread to plead your case to them, make it a good one. Votes can be sent to my PM box, or made in the thread if you prefer. Votes must be in before the Washington Redskins LOSE another game or the vote will be counted as a NO.

Haha, this owns.

Additionally, this....

FizFashizzle posted:

Lol if you haven’t started a story with “yeah I got a buddy...” only to realize you were talking about someone from tff
is adorable.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

FizFashizzle posted:

What happened I lost interest after season 3

Deb gets shot by bad guy, goes brain dead. Dexter steals her body from hospital during hurricane based confusion, drops in watery grave just like all his victims. He then tears rear end into the hurricane on his boat and everyone thinks he died. Surprise! He's actually a lumberjack now.

That is just a small part of the batshit stupidity of the last season of Showtime's Dexter.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Swickles gonna House this poo poo and determine Ross has Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Edit: ^^^ Just cutting soda from her diet greatly helped my wife keep off weight. That poo poo is awful for you.

I need to get a job closer to home. I would love to work out in the morning, but I am getting up at 5:30 AM as it is. Hour long commutes suck.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
But then, like, why doesn't the sunlight extend to the opposite edge?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
My sisters twin boys are the best birth control ever conceived.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Intruder posted:

I never wanted kids then I had some and it's the best even if it does ruin your life in a way

That's a hell of a sales pitch.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Short attention spans and short memories.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Malcolm died in the book!?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
14 times!? That would rule. I only bumped into my nemesis 3 times. Now I feel ripped off.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I'll be continuing to work on the framing in my basement, we're finishing it.

Over the past three weeks I've had five contractors for various services stop by, and only ONE has actually gotten back to me with an estimate. God I hate contractors.

Working with like 7 different contractors, it took roughly 10 months to get a small 6ft by 6ft en suite bathroom remodeled. They make everything a damned chore.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
There was a refuse bag in my garage partially filled with grass clippings and leaves. The loving tile contractor dumped a bunch of tile cement into the bag. I didn't notice until I went to drag it out to the curb and there was 50 pounds of dried concrete ripping a hole in the bag. Prick never picked any of my phone calls after that.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

seiferguy posted:

You realize the whole reason her "fiefdom" exists was because white posters got upset about being probated by a black moderator for making racists posts that they whined to lowtax, right? That sub forum is literally a posting ghetto.

I don't really follow forums drama so my apologies for sounding ignorant, but what? I remember seeing the Negrotown subforum for a while and being confused (I'm assuming that's what you are referring to), but I know nothing about its genesis.

Racists complained about being probated for racist posting and the solution was that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

axeil posted:

D&D stuff

Thanks for the response. That is all messy and strange and seems weirdly designed to placate racist shitposters.

• Locked thread