Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Quiet Feet posted:

Sock puppets in hell.

I'm serious. I had an idea for a stupid short story and it kinda ballooned out of control and now it's sitting at about 120,000 words. It's technically finished and has been for years, but I lost interest in writing years ago. I brushed it off this past year and decided I wanted to finally just get edited and out the door. The long and short of it is that anything that you attribute of personality to is technically alive, and therefore also dies. Oh, and there is no heaven.

Other than a half dozen or so short stories here and there on the internet the only other thing I've gotten published is a semi-apocalyptic novella about a small town whose people are tragically addicted to jelly due to an unregulated food additive. Society breaks down and the only reliable way to get that additive is to kill someone and drink their blood.

*raises an eyebrow*

I'm intrigued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

When did 'ship' become slang for imagining someone else in a relationship? I feel like Grandpa Simpson.

Like, 2006?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Need a film about Washington Post hyping up the lead-up to the Iraq War as well.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

LWB, it's time to become a Jags fan, that's the new obnoxious bandwagon fanbase, get excited.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Shangri-Law School posted:

Betrayal at House on the Hill is complicated, but great.

That game loving owns and is arguably the platonic ideal of a Halloween game.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly? Squad goal.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

CannonFodder posted:

My parents saw Star Wars original trilogy in theaters, and were pumped for A New Hope after seeing the trailer. I was barely 2 when Jedi came out.

They watched Star Trek back in the day and took me to see Star Trek 6. They also liked Next Generation and we watched it as a family.

I was doomed to nerdom from the start.

Seeing Undiscovered Country in theaters makes me extremely jealous.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

swickles posted:

I saw it with my dad in theaters, and every Star Trek until he passed.

The only one I've ever not seen is Nemesis, and I'm not in a huge hurry, to be honest. And Beyond, but I'll get to that eventually. Unfortunately, the only ones I've seen in theaters have been the reboot ones, but they've been fun rides, at least.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

When Will The War On Pentecost End

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

My parents divorced me when I was 2, and there really was no way around it because my biological dad was going to end up killing my mother in some alcoholic rage if they didn't. Then in shared custody he would try to be the "fun dad" and let me do whatever, and leave my mom around to be the "responsible one." And yet, probably more damaging than that was him moving away while my mom and her new husband were moving somewhere else with me when I was 4, and it just... forced me to say goodbye in a way I'm not sure any kid should say goodbye to one of their parents. It required me to emotionally shut off a part of me that wanted to see him, and I think ever since, that hosed with me more than anything. Whenever I bitched in school therapy about the divorce, that's what I was really talking about, not something from when I was 2 and couldn't remember anything, but just all the awkwardness of saying goodbye.

You seem like an incredibly good dude, Intruder, so just stay around your kids, like I'm sure you will. They'll be grateful for that more than anything in the long run.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Remember that time the Democratic Party crammed the public option down our throats the way the Republicans just did with this tax plan.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Hot take, Star Wars is fun as hell and if you were 7 and seeing all the films re-released, and you were 9 and seeing trailers for a BRAND NEW loving STAR WARS FILM that you didn't see coming and then you had the Taco Bell tie-in poo poo before you got to see space road racing and backflips with lasers and poo poo, you absolutely enjoy it for what it is, which is an event, y'know, like New Years or whatever.

It's not a loving Lars von Trier film that you have to parse, it's Star Wars. It either sucks because it went too far up its own rear end or it rules because it had Yoda with a lightsaber or a sarcastic battle droid, or it was okay like Return of/ Last of the Jedi and you had fun.

Now Batman films, those are serious business.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgRFQJCHcPw

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

No, that's Dune.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This is your big manly alpha president, CHUDs, a guy heavily invested in Vanity Fair articles and Anna Wintour.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

New Years Resolution: Get fatter, die young.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

21 degrees.

It loving sucks.

Maybe Trump was right.

lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

2017 was my least terrible year since, wanna say, uh, 2011. It wasn't a good year, but it was an improvement over some of them.

Also, if you starve yourself, your body is going to go into shock and slow down your metabolism in general, including the burning fat part, so I wouldn't go that route.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 29, 2017

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I stopped at ME2 and I'm pleased with my experience.

That's the optimal route.

There's like two good new characters in ME3, but other than that... eh.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

I am the FFIX standard-bearer and will remain so for all time

It's so good

High five, totally agreed.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress all of Final Fantasy XIII, that was my first exposure to that franchise and nearly turned me off of anything even tangentially related to it for awhile.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Happy New Year, ya goofs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I basically have to take ibuprofen when a weather front comes in or I have a headache enough to get nauseous, but I try to eat before I do that.

• Locked thread