Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Carl's Jr in Canada has a poutine burger and I need this in my life

I really wanted to like Carl's Jr when I was younger but I used to get the absolute worst dumps from the place near my house, so ehhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Nirvana can take a hike.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Goons i've never tried a mint julip but i'm gonna try and make one

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I'm kinda hyped for the NBA finals to start tomorrow. Playoffs have been kinda poo poo but I think it's gonna be a good series

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Red Ale loving owns

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

The Warriors are going to win in 4 or 5 because gently caress the nba

Go preds bitch

I dunno man, my head tells me the Warriors should smoke the Cavs and their terrible perimeter D. But I can't really count out a locked-in LeBron and Cleveland has the firepower to keep pace. I think it goes at least 6 and probably another 7 game series.

But then I thought even the Kawhi-less Spurs were going to steal a game so idk.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
If you don't like the first three episodes then you might as well pull the plug on finishing it.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py0-l1M_870

I wish this play was in pill form just so I could fuckin chop it up and snort it

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Clive Owen one?

It was p. okay

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

sean10mm posted:

We Hate Movies

This by a country mile.

That being said, You Must Remember This is also fantastic if you have any sort of interest in the history of Hollywood.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Anals of History posted:

Speaking of which - what do y'all listen to while working out?

Venom is what I gently caress with whenever I work out.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
lmao the Knicks. Keep cashing them checks Melo.

also Houston traded for Chris Paul what in the ever loving hell

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Christ what a long week

I'm glad, I loved having a week off for once

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
RIP George Romero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShPsD2kKUeg

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 17, 2017

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
MARTHAAAAAAAA~

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Dammit I think I'm gonna have to make my girlfriend my wife. This is greatly upsetting because I always pictured myself whoring around for awhile and dying young.

There's worse dilemmas to be in my man

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Yeah.

I grew up playing a ton of the first two Diablo games. I remember borrowing my buddy's copy of Diablo 2 when I was about 12, so I could play it since his whole family was really obsessed with it. Doom and Diablo 2 are probably the games i've spent more time playing than anything else, with Starcraft probably being a distant 3rd or so.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Disgusting.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

The_Hat posted:

Sexist ex-Google guy's high school senior quote was "Metal is Forever"

Just thought y'all would like to know

So would be favourite hobby be Walking or..?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Fumbling my way through Sabbath tunes is probably the most fun i've ever had playing guitar.

Well that's my story

Edit: real talk though, where did all of the pigs with Krusty avs come from?

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 11, 2017

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Spoeank posted:

Thing For Music (listening and making) people can give them a run for their money

You're not wrong

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Spoeank posted:

Nazis are bad was settled like 75 years ago and Trump cant just go "nazis are bad."

Fat bitch.

Empty quotin this forever

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Intruder posted:

A vulgar display of power

(Attack the Radical)

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Anals of History posted:

OK, thank you. I don't know why, in that whole screed, that one word stuck out and made me think I was having a stroke.

Most 4channers are really self loathing types

Raku posted:

rich people in the south who decided to double down on slavery instead of modernized industry to drive the economy

Isn't that basically the thrust of why the Confederacy would've fallen apart even if they had succeeded with leaving the USA anyway?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Yeah, y'know i've been feeling a real itch to start playing Wolf 3D and Spear of Destiny again, who knows why

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

kiimo posted:

You should watch some 70s atmospheric movies some time like The Conversation.

late but I second this. It has Hackman's best performance ever and it's paranoid and tense unlike anything else.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
very late but sorry to hear about your situation NBS. I've never been married but one of my oldest friends is getting cleaned out by her ex after he dumped her when she was ~7 months pregnant. It's always a lovely situation but i'm hoping things will work out in the end for ya.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

:lol: what a loving dumbass

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Spoeank posted:

It's A Very Good Thing we are finally confronting Nazis and telling them to get back into their loving basements.

Preach

Guys give me your best "boss is a total manbaby" stories tia

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

A bunch of recognizable gameplay stuff from any FPS you might have played in the last 15 years was probably first done with Half Life, but I'm not sure if that alone will make it stand up. Either way it should be a fun enough ride as long as the old graphics don't get to you.

Half Life 1 still holds up really well despite its age. But then i'm one of the few people who genuinely likes the Xen levels at the end of the game so *shrug*

Speaking of old-as-dirt FPS games now, Unreal's my fuckin jam

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Neil Armbong posted:

og half life is the poo poo. never played blueshift or opposing forces, but still have all those cd's in a box from the version of half life i bought.

Opposing Force is worth playing, it added in a lot of new weapons and some new enemies. Plus the level design is very, very solid for the most part. It's a worthy companion to the first Half Life.

Blue Shift is kinda meh. it's not bad but you can pretty much breeze through it in like 5 hours if you got a spare day off. I can never remember much about it other than the final setpiece.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Ehud posted:

my oldest sister got really into drugs and hit a telephone pole while driving drunk and high. She died at 22 years old

then my other sister got pregnant when she was 15 and the dad got locked up in prison while she was pregnant, then she became a stripper and also got really into drugs because that lifestyle is hell, then she got fired because she fell and broke her arm while stripping and then she got pregnant again by a different guy who was abusive and didn't work and so they broke up and he said he was leaving with their son, so I was like 16 I had to break in to their house and essentially kidnap my nephew in the middle of the night and then my sister gave up custody of both of her kids to my mom because she doesn't care about them, then my sister just had another baby recently with a different guy and neither one of them works and they just live off food stamps and live with the the guy's parents

we don't talk anymore because she invited my wife and I to her birthday party and when we got there she threatened to beat up my wife lol

Jesus christ man

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Spoeank posted:

Also apparently people think Labor Day is for the troops

ITS FOR YOU YOU DUMB FUCKS

ITS FOR US

THE LABOR

THIS IS OUR DAY*

*unless you work retail or service industry then lol gently caress u

I'm keeping up my tradition of doing no business anywhere on labor day because that poo poo should be closed though

Forget it Jake, it's swamp people

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I loving hate driving

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
^ And of course the swamp people that infest this country support it lock, stock and barrel. truly gross poo poo.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
toney~

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Its Rinaldo posted:

I uh actually haven't seen any True Detective *tugs collar*

First season is mostly good, the second is definitely trash and worth watching if only for gawking's sake.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I've never used Uber, am I missing out?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I'm gonna rewatch the first one instead of watching that Chargers/Giants game, most likely. It's one of my favourite films even though it's been a couple years since I rewatched it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
It's creepy how much him and Sean Payton resemble each other

• Locked thread