Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
SAS Wiki is dead, so I am posting this here so it can live on forever.

Which is worse:

A) To never get anything but the nastiest, sore-riddled bar pussy with the occasional upgrade to a chick who is so fat that you can barely penetrate her before one of the many gathered folds of her gelatinous being block your pelvis from progressing your member further?

B) To be standing at the foot of the bed of the most beautiful woman in the world you've worked your entire life for just hoping for the chance to nail. Her body is glorious, devoid of all traces of hair, her breasts are impossibly perfect spheres and her legs are spread askance beckoning you to the warm delights of her vaginal cavity only to have some dumb crosseyed moron named Manning stumble through the door like a slapstick scene in a Jerry Lewis movie. The door swinging open sends you careening through a window to fall below. Meanwhile Eli stumbles forward accidentally catching his pants on the edge of some furniture and falls naked into her, penetrating her in your place.

Below you lie, naked and covered with glass listening to that dumb hick bellow out weird donkey-sounding grunts of pleasure as he haphazardly enjoys what was to be your crowning moment.

WHICH SCENARIO WILL HAUNT YOU MORE? Being a step away from unimagined glory only to lose it is way worse than the back to back 1-15/2-14 seasons I sat through during the terrible years from the late-mid 80s until Parcells' 2nd season when we finally made the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

quote:

Benjamin Buford "Bubba" Blue (Mykelti Williamson) in Forrest Gump (1994)[4][10]

what

Kalli posted:

The number of main characters from magical realism stories is pretty funny too. Like read the second part of your own loving definition.

They list Morgan Freeman in a movie where he is literally god.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 21, 2017

Nov 6, 2002

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Saw a guy with those hand crutches for people with hosed Up legs eat a stripper's rear end who reeked of booze 5 minutes after they opened

The guy reeked of booze or the stripper's rear end?

Nov 6, 2002

what the gently caress even is a pokemon?

Nov 6, 2002

Guys Bill Pullman died!

Nov 6, 2002

It didn't take long for "Trump's America" to get turned into "Thanks Obama!"

Nov 6, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm not really a fan of tattoos in general but I'd never trust a tattoo artist with clean skin.

Like getting a haircut from a bald dude!

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

The concept of a book snob is pretty hilarious to me.

Also yeah, Vonnegut and Pratchett are both great, and that reminds me of a required course in college. CS majors had to take one of two implications of technology on society courses, one focused explicitly for CS majors, the other a general sociology one. I talk to some people who've taken each and one is basically a semester of slash dot articles about how all copyright needs to be abolished. The other reads Vonnegut (Player Piano) and similar stuff, and spent a lot of time talking about the debate between nuclear power vs fossil fuels vs renewable energy and the issues with each.

Thank you whatever genius did this for siphoning off all of those people to their slashdot hell and whatever poor bastard of a grad student had to sit there and listen to them.

Man you just rocketed me back to a time when Slashdot was relevant and even the thought of making money via software made you the literal devil. The posters on /. made the worst goon look like a well balanced, functional human being.

Nov 6, 2002

blizzard bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YJVwUG4ajw

Nov 6, 2002

They sell this granola at Costco and it is absolutely delicious especially with some fresh fruit thrown in.

Nov 6, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

What are some things people with the flu crave, need to create a care package and I have never had it

Caffeine pills, laxatives, couple packs of smokes.

Nov 6, 2002

Remember when we weren't allowed to have a chat thread because

Nov 6, 2002

I remember in Police Quest 3, I did all the right poo poo to wake up Sonny's wife from the coma, but then the game glitched and refused to acknowledge she was awake and gave me the ending where my wife is stuck in a coma and a burden for the rest of her life.

Also, what kind of police department assigns an officer to investigate his own wife's stabbing.

Nov 6, 2002

quote:

Actually it's called ephebophilia

on my tombstone

Nov 6, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

What would everyone's last meal be, mine would be a great grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup.

I made a grill cheese sandwich this week with Kerry Gold, pepper jack, havarti and sliced avocados. God it was so loving good.

My last meal would probably be a ribeye cap steak with roasted potatoes. Or maybe a burger with pepper jack, bacon, red onion and lettuce on a toasted roll.

Nov 6, 2002

A Man and his dog posted:

Yes. She was like gently caress this. And locked him in the attic.

RIP Attic man.

I assumed she would take him out occasionally when she needed a good banging.

Nov 6, 2002

Amy is pretty much getting the gamergate treatment by internet males.

Nov 6, 2002

how dare you attack your own people

attacks same people

Nov 6, 2002

BlindSite posted:

Wasnt gamergate like 70% deserved critiscism and 30% MRA crazies being misogynistic as gently caress that was painted as being 100% misogynistic?

lol no

BlindSite posted:

Amy schumer getting criticised is pretty funny though she stole her material and the evidence is overwhelming and then ran to the social justice cause for defense after publically mocking social causes for the last 5 years.

lol

Nov 6, 2002

It's not really worth rehashing here because it's the dumbest topic this side of deflategate and there are a million articles and stories on it if you really want to learn more. Suffice to say it's more like .05% deserved criticism and 95.5% retarded manbabies harassing anyone who disagree.

Nov 6, 2002

ETHICS IN VIDEO GAME JOURNALISM IS A VERY IMPORTANT MATTER SIR

and when I say "ethics" I mean women developers and gamers are bad

Nov 6, 2002

swatting

Nov 6, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure Dennis Leary will receive his comeuppance for ripping off Bill Hicks entire shtick and making a career out of it any minute now.

It's ridiculous how these stories attacking Schumer talk with breathless seriousness about how sacrosanct comics' jokes are despite the fact that comedians have been stealing bits from each other since Milton Berle was a young man. And yet, the only people who've had their careers damaged over it are an Hispanic and a woman who got just a little too popular apparently for their own good.

Nov 6, 2002

Most of the people posting there are over reactive children with the historical perspective of gnats who have accused five people of being Hitler before they even finished their breakfast.

Nov 6, 2002

I can't throw too many bones at them because I was the same way when I was young and started following politics/news: ascribing too much significance and outrage to every event or story that I didn't like. And that was before everyone could sequester themselves into these little echo chambers that make everything even worse.

Nov 6, 2002

Diqnol posted:

There were forums and AOL chatrooms when you were young I assume

Sure, but the wide array of news sources that specifically cater to narrow viewpoints is more of what I'm referring to.

Like, if HuffPo or the Washington Post is in your news feed, please do yourself a favor and delete them because they have one agenda, and that is to propagate a never ending circlejerk. They're no better than Fox News or the Drudge Report.

Nov 6, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

both WaPo and HuffPo seem fairly centrist to me

Edit: They're not extremely left leaning, but they're always obviously biased and stories are crafted in such a way to evoke an emotional response at the latest "outrage", whether it's deserved or not.

Look at the frontpage of HuffPo right now. It's all just Buzz Feed style journalism.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 7, 2017

Nov 6, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Yeah I agree. But I think this something all news outlets do, unless you are Democracy Now! or something.

PBS, NPR, Reuters, Christian Science Monitor and the NYT (not their editorial content) are much better sources of objective journalism than HuffPo or WashPo.

Nov 6, 2002

Bad Moon posted:

Glad you had a good bday

What is the best bbq?

oh god, let's go back to gamergate instead

Nov 6, 2002

swickles posted:

and watch the movie.

don't do this

Nov 6, 2002

BlindSite posted:

Wasn't the problem with the hyperloop that to do the speeds proposed it would subject passengers to g forces when turning that they'd literally pass out and probably vomit uncontrollably?

There are so many engineering problems on top of the fact that highspeed trains already exist and work so much better. If this country wasn't allergic to light rail we could solve a lot of transportation problems.

Nov 6, 2002

I'll tell her I know this great little restaurant that doesn't take reservations. That makes it sound cool, makes it sound exclusive. And then when we get to the restaurant, the restaurant is closed, as, of course, it always is on Sundays. So I'll feign surprise and say something along the lines of, "I guess we could grab a pizza and watch a movie at my place."

Nov 6, 2002

Huh, Spoeank is a serial killer. Who knew.

Nov 6, 2002

those are the kind of people who all have arrest records

Nov 6, 2002

That wedding dress is hanging on for dear life.

Nov 6, 2002

Nov 6, 2002

A Man and his dog posted:

But it did turn out really good. Like tacos never look good.

Nov 6, 2002

Thanks to fish fraud many of you are probably eating tilapia thinking it's something better.

Nov 6, 2002

Bad Moon posted:

Also true confessions I cannot fold a burrito. It never stays it's shape.

You gotta do it while the tortilla is still moist from being steamed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

I know it's not really manly but I care about the environment so I like to pick fish based on how sustainable they are.

This tool is pretty useful:
https://www.seafoodwatch.org/seafood-recommendations

Rockfish seems to be all over the map depending on the actual species and source:
https://www.seafoodwatch.org/seafood-recommendations/groups/rockfish?q=rockfish&t=rockfish

Tilapia is less ambiguous, unless you're getting colombian tilapia you're in good shape:
https://www.seafoodwatch.org/seafood-recommendations/groups/tilapia

As a general rule, farmed freshwater/vegetarian fish that are farmed in the US are an excellent choice. Wild-caught Alaskan fish are another excellent choice, because it has the best-managed wild fisheries in the world. Farmed salmon and other carniverous fish are pretty bad choices, because they're fed fishmeal and are also a serious health risk to the wild populations.

So for white fish, alaskan cod is a really good pick. It holds together really well for stuff like deep frying or a fish stew, but can flake nicely for fish tacos. For a delicate white fish I like sanddabs (a Best Choice fish) lightly breaded and very quickly fried.

My go-to for an inexpensive, whole fresh fish to just fillet and then cook in butter, lemon, and maybe some dill or shallots is farmed rainbow trout.

When it comes to sushi, I have a weakness for yellowfin tuna, aka Maguro. Unfortunately it's often impossible to tell exactly where it's from or how it was caught, and uh...
https://www.seafoodwatch.org/seafood-recommendations/groups/tuna?type=yellowfin&q=Tuna,%20Yellowfin&t=tuna
Yeah. It's a severely overfished fish. :(

I would stay away from farmed fish in general because they are generally much higher in mercury. Especially salmon.

• Locked thread