Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So uh, anyone protesting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

I've been thinking about buying a Nintendo switch so I can play Zelda

I am 31 years old

I fell into a big job recently and ended up pre-ordering one

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Intruder posted:

We survived Reagan, we can survive Trump

Reagan is the reason tax cuts for the rich is still a tenable political position and Trump is going to be much, much worse

Mcmagic come here and back me up

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The discord was just constant RG3 chat the last time I went in

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

the poster or the football player

The poster. He didn't conceptually understand what a pre-order was, so the channel had to dedicate an hour explaining why his loving Harambe baseball jersey wasn't going to be ready to ship for a few months. Unfortunately, he was perpetually black out drunk, so the exact same conversation was a daily occurrence.

Then he'd move onto harassing the girl goons.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

local government matters more than ever ppl

yeah

get your reps' numbers in your phone and use it often.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's really poetic that he was talking about Pepe right before getting decked and becoming a meme of his own.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Superbad was the best comedy.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's no Talledega Nights!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

swickles posted:

Trump is supposed to go to his Mar a Lago resort this weekend and there is a protest/march scheduled. Since its in my back yard, I think I will go, but I want a clever sign, maybe football related. Any suggestions? Was thinking of an Alex Smith tiny hands reference, but that seems lazy.

Probably pretty easy to shoehorn a Brady reference in there somewhere.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/fo_aschatz/status/827543770300284936

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I wonder how much Tom Brady regrets putting his golfing buddy's hat in his locker.

Or allow Trump to use him as a political prop or call him on Election Day or skip the White House visit in 2015.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Every, like, proper Zelda game is insanely good except for Majora's Mask IMO

Ehud how can you have you not played a Zelda game for like 20 years and still be excited enough for this one to pre-order a whole freaking system?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Skyward Sword was really good except for the fact you had to flail your loving arms around. One day it will get the Wind Waker treatment where people will realize it was Good, Actually

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I pretty much went cold turkey on video games for a few years in my early twenties, but now I'm 30 and married and don't like to go out anymore so the gamer is back baby!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh also, if you spend like $60, you can buy a small computer and make your own emulation station, I recently discovered

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Febreeze posted:

Nah, because it was built on a stupid motion combat system that will prevent it from being meaningfully ported to future consoles and also the combat system sucks because it basically boils down to "Swing sword in particular direction" to beat every single enemy and puzzle in the game, and on top of that the input method is not 100% reliable (unlike pressing a button) so sometimes it won't even do what you need it to do.

Fi is the most annoying zelda companion in history, the sky is an empty joke, the game makes you replay the same areas over again with slightly different variations, it also does this with two bosses, one of those might be one of the worst bosses in zelda history (The imprisoned). Most of the dungeons are forgettable. Collecting upgrade items forces you into a menu every time you start the game back up. The art was a good idea but in practice on the Wii's hardware honestly just makes it look blurry most of the time instead of the impressionistic look they wanted.

SS has some great stuff in it but it's too flawed to ever be great as a whole.

The motion controls definitely force it a tier beneath the others, but I loved the characters and items and dungeons, which is like 70% of a Zelda game. I liked its art and flying around, too.

I hope one day down the line they release a version you can play with a normal controller.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I've played a lot of the Fire Emblem iOS game even though objectively it's not great

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bad Moon posted:

Is Stranger Things going to disappoint me? I can't take it if it does.

It's a fun show. Maybe slightly overhyped.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ever go to a slam poetry reading? It's really embarrassing.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

seiferguy posted:

In 7th grade, I had to make a poetry book, which consisted of making different types of poetry based on a similar theme (I picked nature) and I absolutely hated it. Still got an A on it though :angel:

After reading Elie Wiesel in ninth grade, we had to write a sonnet about the Holocaust which is about the weirdest assignment I ever had.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Oh fun. Bar Rescue did one in my town a few years ago (Angry Ham's) and long story short, the owner ripped out everything they changed and went back to how it was like a month afterwards.

I'm guessing that happens more often than not. I went to one in Chicago once (Underground Wonder Bar) and it was a complete poo poo show.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Just posting this because it's the most 5:30 on a Friday newsdump of all time:

https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/830177807129001985

:lol:

Simon Maloy is probably my favorite Twitter follow even if he doesn't tweet a ton.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

lol

https://twitter.com/davidwade/status/830236082625183744

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Flikken posted:

I've lived in much worse places than Ohio. Pennsylvania, Mississippi and Missouri for example.

Do you do this on purpose?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah, we all agreed it's Yoshi's Island.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Fellas

Lasagna cat is BACK

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Zelda

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud are you playing Zelda?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I have a Switch and the new Zelda on my person but I have to stay at the office late and THEN I have to go a goddamn karaoke for my oldest friend's 30th birthday.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Exercising sucks and is as much fun as, like, washing the dishes, except you also have to leave the house to do it.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If I just have a lil baby beer belly and I don't care about gains, can I just lift for like 20 min and do cardio for 30?

Like I just wanna be svelte like when I was 25

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

One of my best friends sells wine to restaurants in Manhattan and I can assure you–having been to a soirée or two–that wine loving sucks.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I grew up with that 10% and it was pretty awful.

Of actual church-going Catholics, I would assume the number is probably north of 50%.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

You know, looking back at that steak thing and the couple dozen page derail it caused, it seems to me that we still really sold short just how bad a loving steak it was.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Is this like the dress thing? That looks delicious.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I hate pretty much everything with hype because I'm a goony contrarian, but avocados absolutely deserve their acclaim.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jam bands are loving horrible and I can't believe some rando just dropped into a football forum's off-topic chat to white knight them, lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jam bands are the oblivious moron at the college party who sits in the corner noodling on his acoustic guitar that everyone is too polite to tell to leave the room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuO3wwLuF0w

fsif fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Apr 20, 2017

• Locked thread