Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nothing will ever outdo the fantasy commentary from that London game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

I'm not familiar with that game. When you said fantasy you don't mean like a wizard and elf provided color commentary?

They had a play by play guy, and two guys who were random bloggers for the team.

The poor play by play guy was trying the best he could, and probably had convinced himself this could be his big break.

The two bloggers were basically a couple of black guys making GBS threads all over both teams for the most of the game. They started off trying to be serious, but they got worse and worse as the game went on. The three second delay button was used multiple times as they'd get caught asking "what the gently caress was that?"

at the very end, the jags needed a big play and didn't even have julius thomas on the field. "What the fu-, why isn't your big free agent tight end on the field in this situation?"

Finally one of them just said, "Bortles gonna bort."

They will never allow that to happen again.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

some division threads were good, some were really bad

like the nfc:s thread was total loving trash because it was just saints fans gloating and no one wanted to sift through pages of them bragging about how the panthers were forced to draft jimmy clausen to slow down new orleans' offense

the afc north thread was a charnel house

the afc east thread 3 midgets calling a tall person fat.

like, wtf is the obsession with those threads

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

The line forms outside his bedroom door

He's not lloyd

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Atlanta is nice

DOnt go to cheetah

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

I don't even remember it

It was about an obese lone obsessed with transformers toys in a pitiful apartment started by kji of all people so the irony just dripped off the screen.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Phobeste posted:

Like a lot of forums things helldump was cool at first but there hit a point where all the real weirdos were gone and people were trying to dig up every childhood 4chan post from random PI posters or whatever.

That's a problem with PI more than anything else.

Like....that's a weird place.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

if you guys aren't listening to this new ryan adams album than i have no idea what you're doing with your life

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fishing with the fam posted:

I have never even heard of Ryan Adams.
*strolls over to Wikipedia*
Alternative country music is a thing?

alt country was a huge thing in like mid 2005

bands like ryan adams, whiskeytown, wilco, etc

if you're an old like me you went to college on this music

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

when i was like 20 i won 400 bucks at harrahs in new orleans

walked right in to larry flynt's and blew it all

i hope that girl got in to dental assistant school....

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Doltos posted:

I went to a club and met a girl saying she was going to take the bar one day. Actually saw her a year or so later in court (she had a very distinct butthole, which is how I recognized her).

that reminds me that all the assistant DAs are stacked like 28 year olds here in Asheville.

also traffic court here owns. in atlanta you would basically beg them to take your money just so you could leave.

Here I decided to challenge the ticket, told them I couldn't make the cops court date, and then just asked if they'd dismiss it.

"Well, now you know better I guess. You're free to go."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A Man and his dog posted:

First day in Costa Rica. I smell like poo poo. But got a good hostel room.

Time to enjoy the experience! Pura Vida!

Where are you

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cool. I stayed in jaco.

It's a beautiful and surprisingly expensive little country.

If you get a chance take a buggy ride into the jungle. They filmed a lot of Jurassic park there and the scenery is indescribable.

Also jump off a water fall!

https://instagram.com/p/7BrQ1XJQRq/

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

more like... Jump into a giant terlit. Jesus, I did not expect the water to be that brown.

You didn't expect waterfalls to stir up sediment?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I didn't see a loving single monkey there.

I even paid some local at that big pen an hour south of jaco to show me one and he was just like "uh....you want to see another sloth?"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I stayed in Jaco too, it was not bad but the beach wasn't that great. I had the best fish tacos in Jaco, on a place where you sit on a swing to enjoy your taco. We also rented a Jeep and drove down the coastline and found a hidden beach with jungles full of loud, hooting monkeys

With all the condiments in the middle of the restaurant?

Yeah that place in unreal.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I just bought cocaine.

I don't feel bad about it.

You're going to after you snort it.

Don't do hard drugs in that country.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Is Costa Rica cheaper than Belize?

No

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Costa Rica is a place for rich people to go who think they're slumming it, if that makes any sense.

Like yeah we're drinking fresh coconut milk and zip lining and eating beach tacos. But we're also going to get an authentic local Swedish massages and drink authentic fifteen dollar Costa Rican cocktails.

Pura vida!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If you ever want a mind gently caress go to the travel forum and read about people that went to Cambodia.

Almost all of them develop a crippling heroin addiction and basically vanish from the face of the earth.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Guys I'm going to Germany in a week should I eat sausages and drink beer y/n

Best italian food in the world is in southern Germany.

Also mother of god eat rouladen

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

dont put it in crazy, kids

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i picked up a girl on tinder once and had a really fun time with her. another weekend got drunk and went back to my place, and she just started sobbing. I was like "okay whatever she can't drink vodka usually it's tequila but this is fine."

"fiz, I have something to tell you."

oh christ

"i...don't...have...hair"

turns out she had some condition where she pulled her hair out and had to wear a wig. i never called her again.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It wasn't a really good wig

I just figured she didn't like her hair pulled

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

did she actually call you "fiz"

It's my fursona

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yeah, South America is really defined by its architecture....

*Looks at shipping container turned into a house.*

Look at this dipshit who's never been to Buenos Aires

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I totally agree. They look cool as poo poo for a minimalist. I would def stay in one.

Fiz they def have some very nice houses. You, just never see them cause they in the hills and gated off.
there's a reason they say buenos aires is the paris of south america

https://www.google.com/search?q=bue...XWJCFUQ_AUIBigB

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Worlds best steak, wine, bread, and clubs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Diqnol posted:

I think you'll find better wine in france and better bread in italy/philly-nyc area but the other two things are completely believable

I've been to all 3, and lived in France.

BA was basically populated with French, Italians and spaniards.

The food is amazing, the women are stunning, and nothing works.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If you're the single guy around a group of coupled friends and you're not a complete mutant then all the girls will go out of their way to lock you up with an acquaintance. It's like this bizarre instinct women have for their friend group: there can be no loose ends.

They'll always start with who their least threatening friend they think will make a "cute couple" with you. If that doesn't work they'll just move down the line.

Hold out long enough and eventually you'll get the turbo slut friend none of them will let around their boyfriends unmonitored.

Source: I was this person.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

best part of the espn doc was when OJ was driving around with the writer of the biography and he kept accidentally saying stuff like "That's where I drove afterwards. Or, where I would have driven. Yeah."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

5 in the stink Shrimp

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:flip:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm going to a thing in Jacksonville next month. Is there poo poo to do in Jacksonville?

No.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

People are gonna talk about how great river front or side or whatever it's called is.

They're lying.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

When I was growing up in Charlotte the JCC parochial team had a 6'4 kid who had above the rim game and would rain threes. He was nicknamed Jewish Jordan.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That's a good post swickles.

Swick I got a nerve block in my arm around 3pm.

Arm is still totally useless. Hand is a little swollen.

Normal?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

bacon

drain 90% fat

sautee spinach and onions

wash out and dry, towel off, little bit of oil, scramble up some egg whites

one pan, minimal cleanup, good macros

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

This was such a great read, freakin' hilarious. You are making me miss my paramedic days and all the hours spent in the ER for clinicals :(

Also Fiz, you mentioned macros. I've been toying with the idea of starting to do the whole macro thing, but honestly it is intimidating and I feel like it would be stupid difficult. I'm sure it's not that bad and it's just getting used to weighing things, but you have any resources I can read or any advice on starting up on a macro plan?

the new hotness is RP periodization.

their spreadsheets are easy to follow and theyre relatively inexpensive

if you want to start with something easy, just look up a guide online.

biggest advice i can give is eat simple at first. you can go nuts looking up recipes and poo poo that "perfectly match blah blah blah." i eat a lot of chopped chicken, brussel sprouts salad, and sweet potatoes.

just buy a cheap little scale.

i can write more when i have two hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

be honest youre watching 3 headed shark attack at work

• Locked thread