Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Durandal1707 posted:

Same here. He redshirted last year because of his knee so he should in theory be good to go.

Lynn's offense values linemen who can pull and get to the second level in the run game and the possibilities Tuerk would bring as a center are exciting 'cause the Chargers haven't had a center who could get to the second level or pull out for a screen in quite a while. I'd be excited if the Chargers starting o-line next year read as Okung - Slauson - Tuerk - Lamp - Barksdale.

Alternately i'd be comfortable rolling with either rookie at the guard spots and Slauson as the C if Tuerk still isn't ready.

There's a problem if Tuerk isn't ready this year. He's supposed to take over at center for Slausen. Slausen's a two-year rental, and I'm pretty sure the team sees him that way.

Also, going back and looking at last year, it looks like Barksdale was a lot worse than Franklin. If I can say one thing about Franklin, it's that he at least was trying when he was on the field. Barksdale was done once he thought Rivers had the ball out of his hands and made little to no effort afterwards -- I think I ever saw him put a defender on the ground, and let him get up and hit Rivers because he hadn't gotten rid of the ball quickly. Franklin was bad too, but not complete dogshit. Only mostly dogshit. I'm all for being done with Franklin as he's been barely there. But it looks like Barksdale is going to have to bounce back bigtime to not be pushed out by Spencer Pulley, Donavan Clark, or Dan Feeney. If Anthony Lynn is serious about there being a real competition for starting spots, then there's a real chance that both Barksdale and Franklin might be on the bench this year, or cut outright which makes me very happy. Not a good chance, but still a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

warcrimes posted:

San Diego radio station-

This is the loving best.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
FAA to desn spanos: gently caress off

Apparently he needs a stadium that holds (and has in attendance) 30,000 or more people to restrict the airspace overhead during games. A pissed off San Diego fan has been renting banners to fly overhead reminding him that he sucks and there's not a drat thing he can do about it.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Glass of Milk posted:

https://twitter.com/alexpadilla86/status/913583768878817280

Sunday's banner will read "Want to see a sellout Dean? Look in the mirror!"

Yes. A million times yes.

Black Sunshine posted:

A government agency not bowing down to a billionaire holy poo poo that's rare

and awesome

Dean isn't a real billionaire, he never would've made it into Trump's cabinet.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Mike McCoy, Ken Whisenhunt, Bill Musgrave, all these lovely rear end OCs need to go.

I had to look up the OC for the Chiefs, someone else will have to tell me their opinion on Matt Nagy so far. I really have no idea. If they can bounce back to their early season form , then we'll have exactly one competent OC in the entire division.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Durandal1707 posted:

Musgrave coaches the QB for Denver now, I believe.

Whoops. The quick wikipedia lookup I did on him still had him as the Raiders guy. Yeah, looking twice, it's Todd Downing. It looks like this is his first time as OC, so I'll keep my judgement of him separate from the others. But there looks to be a lot of growing pains going on with the Raiders offense, and I don't know if that's on him or the players. Hard to say.

Anyways, Whisenhunt needs to go, and if Vance Joseph doesn't want to be a one-and-done head coach, he needs a lot of things, and a scapegoat OC to be fired might be on that list.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
I almost feel bad for Mike McCoy being fired to save Vance Joseph today. But now Joseph has to save his own job from here on.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
I'm happy with how these games are shaping up today.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Fire everyone for burying Trevor “Almost Back in It” Siemian

If Lynch hasn't been completely hosed up by that ankle injury, he should get the start for the remainder of the season. It's over anyways, might as well see if he can't man the gently caress up, stop crying, and play some football. If not, then no big loss, go lock up Kirk Cousins in the offseason and run a train on the division again.

Wait, gently caress, Elway doesn't read the forums, right?

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

piss tape israel posted:

Elway is going to torpedo this franchise

He’s going to say gently caress the draft, go get Cousins, then murderify the AFC West for another 3 years until his poor drafting choices turn the Broncos into this year’s Colts. Then he’ll have to figure out how to turn it around quickly before someone comes out of torpor long enough to fire him.

So basically, yes he will. But he’s going to borrow time on the back of a veteran QB that will keep them competitive until he can’t dodge responsibility for his inability to put together real drafts any longer.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
at least Gruden is a fan of the team he coaches, gently caress Del Rio for what he did to Carr.

and gently caress the raiders too, but that's another thing entirely

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22018210/gus-bradley-ken-whisenhunt-remain-los-angeles-chargers

Whisenhunt is sticking around too.

I cooled off to wanting him gone this season since most of the offensive problems of 2016 and early 2017 were fixed.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Durandal1707 posted:

That's fair.

I wanted Whis gone earlier this year too but him and Lynn did some very solid adjustments to the offense over the course of the year and a lot of the communication issues that were plaguing them seemed to be largely ironed out by the end of it. I'm very glad Gus is back, more bearish on Whis but I don't think they're going to do much better at this point. So gently caress it.

Bradley and Whis also won't get a better job elsewhere. The Seahawks didn't appear ready to dump their DC, so Bradley would've had to take a demotion with a bullshit 'assistant DC' title attached to it, along with a partial rebuild to contend with. The Packers FO is poo poo, same with their defense right now, and I doubt Bradley would've liked a bigger rebuilding project like they have to do on defense. As for every other team with DC vacancies, they also have HC vacancies, and why go to another team just for a sidegrade job? That makes sticking with the Chargers not a hard choice all in all. As for Whisenhunt, I didn't hear about any inquiries, but again, even if he had any, it's not for a HC position. Not this soon after his disastrous stint with the Titans.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
lmao

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22025422/los-angeles-chargers-sign-roberto-aguayo

solution to fixing their kicking problem: find out how bad it can get, then see if you can go lower

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Bolts bitch

should've been the hat

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers in San Diego had a good beat writer. They let him go after the move and now he's the Raiders beat writer.

Jesus, they really did let Kevin Acee go. He had some of the best takedowns of lovely Chargers players, and then Spanos and his crotch spawn when they moved the team. I'll miss him.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Acee actually became a columnist and Michael Gehlken took over, which is who I was referring to.

Acee is actually a Padres beat writer now because he hates happiness

oh okay. drat. I remember Ghelkin too now that you reminded me. :smith:

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

warcrimes posted:

This is pretty cool

Gruden shouldn't be sharing his cocaine and watercolor sets with the rookies

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Because I started watching football recently, as in 2013, my list is all recent players.

Broncos

Favorite: Von Miller - As much as he is a terrifying defender, he's the ultimate cool guy that's impossible to hate.
Hated: Peyton Manning - Always had the Chargers' number even when he was utter poo poo.

Raiders

Favorite: Charles Woodson - tyvm
Hated: Michael Crabtree

Chiefs

Favorite: Patrick Mahomes
Hated: Marcus Peters

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

that is precious.

Sweet summer child what do you know of Peyton Manning

only what the internet tells me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1elC1_CBw60
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31mh9IGFAAo

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

I guess I'm the only one who's sad about that Jason Verett news. He was really a special talent and it sucks that it didn't work out

No it sucks bad and I am sad. It’s just that the team is fine without him so that blunts the shitiness of the situation.

That said he is done. I don’t see him returning to the NFL after this.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
God drat, that entire 2014 draft class is gone. That's some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
did he ever truly exist?

• Locked thread