Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

a neat cape posted:

Division solidarity is bullshit, I hope you all lose forever

It me, I am the Chiefs fan who hopes the Broncos and Raiders do well.

But not because I want them to actually succeed.

I want them to do well so the Chiefs can be the ones to knock them out of the playoff picture on the last Sunday in December. gently caress the Broncos and Raiders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Everyone is winning except the Chargers, who are rightfully being punished for loving over their entire existing fanbase with a boneheaded relocation.

All is right in the AFC West, and therefore the world.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
How long is Morse out, anyway?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
So do the Texans ever get to be honorary AFC West members now that the Chiefs beat them twice a year on average, too?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Johnny Mnemonic posted:

Any thoughts on Chiefs broken o-line vs Texans tomorrow? Watson going to regress this game?

Also whatever happened to that one huge chargers fan that used to post in the AFC west threads of old? He managed a nice hotel if I remember correctly.

The Chiefs O-line doesn't have to be airtight, it just needs to function slightly better than a screen door on a submarine to give Smith time to checkdown a million times on 3rd down, or eventually exhaust the secondary to let Hunt get penetration and rack up his stupid absurd 9.2 YPC in the 4th quarter.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Okay the Chiefs are 5-0, it's time to follow tradition and crash back down to reality

The Chargers moving to LA broke the final seal and unleashed a thousand years of Chiefs dominance.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Knowing that Houston, Kelce, and Hill are all back to practicing and likely playing this weekend makes me feel soooooo much better.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Black Sunshine posted:

Yeah it was kind of a perfect game to showcase AFC West football. Just crazy as gently caress

We missed out on a defensive score, which would have been hilarious.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

3 DONG HORSE posted:

the broncos got worse after the bye week

Just in time for a visit to the Chiefs on a Monday night after the Chiefs played on a Thursday. It's practically a bye week for the Chiefs.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Next week is going to be even worse than today or last week

Insha'allah

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

warcrimes posted:

The funny thing is that he tips really well to look like that. Don't care, love my owner.

el edito:

I hate the Chiefs but Chiefs goons are my favorite posters.

I feel the same about the Raiders

:glomp:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

We did. Your draft position just went up by at least two spots!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Bring on 2018, bring on Mahomes.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Butker broke the Chiefs' consecutive FG made record today. So there's that, at least. :shobon:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I love that play, because it's so appallingly out of place on a football field, and also because he threads it perfectly into triple coverage by throwing the ball literally around the defender in the way.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Chromatic posted:

lmao

is kpass any good or show promise? i haven't watched the last 3-4 games.

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/940696280266870784

That tweet is dumb, because Houston's lineman just sort of rolled over but Kpass's launched himself right at hip level. I'm sure there's a skill difference between the two of them, but it's not evident in that clip.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Grittybeard posted:

Is it possible if the Jags lose today and next week for KC to get a 3 seed? I almost hope not, if there's nothing to play for we should get some Mahomes time next week and you still have to go to New England even in a fantasy world where the Chiefs are Super Bowl challengers.

I'm pretty sure it is. The only difference is that we'd be playing the Chargers or Titans (at least according to this week's results so far) instead of the Ravens. Honestly, playing the Chargers again in the Wild Card round would be pretty cool. Has Phillip Rivers ever thrown 10 picks to the same team in the same season?

EDIT: Beaten and wrong, as usual. :v:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

No Butt Stuff posted:

If the chiefs make the superbowl Alex is 100% back. I'm not convinced he's gone even if they lose Saturday

If they can find I deal I think they take it. He's a big cap hit, and he's definitely not going to be getting an extension even if he does get to the SB.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

No Butt Stuff posted:

I'll agree on the latter. I think it's possible we just cut Tamba, dj and Ford and grab some cap space. For the right deal I think we would move him. But I also could see Andy being stubbornly loyal and wanting mahomes to sit another year.

I think we cut Alex before we cut Ford. Ford's still on his rookie contract, and isn't going to be very expensive to re-sign with the numbers he puts up. DJ is probably gone ( :( ), and Tamba is getting too old and broke to keep paying.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Uterine Lineup posted:

Which teams would realistically trade a 1st round pick for Smith?

Broncos.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
This isn't even the worst playoff lead they've blown in the last five years. Life is suffering but at least it's over quick.

Bring on Mahomes.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The Chiefs are the only team that beat both of the teams playing in the Superbowl this year.

:sigh:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I barely know what the actual term Dime means but I'm pretty sure I could spend the offseason studying defense and do better than Bob Sutton.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
"It's too weird not to be true" is a real fuckin' weak argument, man.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

a neat cape posted:

Provided Mahomes works, yeah

Most of Kansas City is ready for Mahomes to get the train rolling.

Straight into the ground, if it turns out that way.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
"Not a great deep ball" in the same sentence as Mahomes is :psyduck:.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It's not even April and I'm already hyping myself into believing the Chiefs are going to field one of the best offenses of all time.

Don't stop me.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Now post a picture of him catching something.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

kiimo posted:

Yeah the thing about Mahomes is he had a dogshit line and still managed to only throw 10 picks in 591 attempts for 65.7%. His "bad decisions" are so overrated because he was asked to basically score on every drive if they had a chance at even being competitive in games. Their defense was historically bad.

Drew had 385 attempts and 12 picks at 58.2%. I kind of like him, though. But yeah Mahomes has weird qualities that are completely unique to him and like...Aaron Rodgers, maybe Roethlisberger. He can throw accurately at any time whether he's in the middle of getting sacked or in the middle of his stride where technically neither foot is on the ground. I don't think Lock is anything like that.

Mahomos 4 life

Also literally throwing curve balls through coverage gaps, can't forget that.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Blitz7x posted:

I mean, just a thought here. What if he's bad

Then he'll be bad in spectacularly entertaining fashion and I will ride this hype train straight into the ground and to hell.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm prepared for Mahomes to be on the high side of average and lead the Chiefs to a 12-4 campaign that ends with a first round bye and a loss in the divisional round to the *chucks dart at wall* Ravens.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

a neat cape posted:

A big reason I'm optimistic vs the Chiefs this season is because the two players that gave the Chargers the most trouble, Alex Smith and Marcus Peters, are gone

I, too, am optimistic to see the Chargers' abject misery at the hands of the Chiefs handed down to the next generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
AFC West: I can win this one later if no one else wants to.

• Locked thread