Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Durandal1707 posted:

Might also have to do with the fact that your whole coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball is getting turned over, with Nagy getting hired and Childress retiring. that's a lot of people leaving and then you have to go looking for a new DC?

I mean, Sutton sucks and has been bad for a while but I get wanting to keep the dude on in those circumstances.
If you're making drastic changes, might as well rip the whole loving band-aid off.

It's whatever because they aren't going to be a contender next year regardless, but still not much reason to keep a guy that owns 2 of the biggest playoff chokes of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Werthers is gonna be the undoing of Andy Reid in KC.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Cousins is a good QB, but not worth the average of 30 a year it'll take to get him.

I'm cool with them signing him, because maybe we'll be able to steal away Shaq Barrett.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Tamba Hali is a guaranteed cut. DJ will either restructure or be cut, too. Revis is absolutely not getting 10m next year and will be gone.

Other possibilities:
Ron Parker (Was real bad last season and saves 5m)
Allen Bailey (Declining and due to make 8m)
Dee Ford (not worth 8.75 mil, but may not pass physical and KC will be stuck)

I think they end up dumping DJ, Hali, Revis and Parker and will have around 23m after those moves and Alex trade, plus carryover. Should be enough to make one big FA move to cover the fact they are minus a first this year and that's about it.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

I think you want Dee Ford around.

As Terez Paylor said, the Contract Year is nearly undefeated.
I think his back is toast, so they are probably stuck with him regardless.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think Paylor is insisting Reid ended up having to choose keeping Sutton or Peters and picked werthers.

Sometimes it's amazing how dumb this team can be.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

Cousins would be a great fit in Minnesota

Mainly because he won't be playing for Denver and gently caress Denver forever
You had me at gently caress Denver.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Shoulda stayed in KC.

I think I want to see the Chiefs sign Suh and go back to one gapping. Let him stomp Carr and Rivers in the head a little bit to compensate for the fact our secondary is gonna suck.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

A starting duo of Fuller and Amerson isn't very inspiring with a recovering Berry and a mystery guy at FS. God help us if its Murry.

They have to find a good pass-rush this spring or they are somehow going to be even worse on Defense.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Having Eric Berry back, if injuries and cancer aren't finally catching up to him, will be a big boost. If they can't find a pass-rush though, they're still hosed on D.

Right now I feel an 8-8 kind of year.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Kinda depends on the offense. I could see 11-5, I could also see 4-12.
4-12? No way.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Hey thanks for taking Chubb, so that it frees up Shane Ray to come back home eventually.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Mason Rudolph would be a good compromise but I feel like Elway will just stand pat to see if he falls to 40 rather than make a trade. I want him to pull the dang trigger!
Except for the fact he's not good, yea. I think Elway still hopes Lynch will someday not suck.

Don't think Chubb will be elite, but he'll be a solid 10+ year starter and that's fine. Hate the Chargers got James.

Glad we stayed the gently caress out of Round 1 and :laugh: Raiders. Gruden part 2 might be more amusing than I thought.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I like Speaks and he wasn't a big reach, but they didn't need to move up for him. Nnadi is a good pick up too and I think the message sent is they're loving tired of being ran all over on and generating zero passrush from the line.

I guess Dorial will replace Sorensen and this pick seems like a real reach. I think I'll be good as long as they land the best available corner in the 4th.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Nobody worth a heck covers KC sports for long.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

E: ^This guy gets it.

piss tape israel posted:

The Denver Post recently started doing this and it makes me mad
The Star's paywall is amusing because you can just private tab view it and have no problems as they rely on nothing but cookies.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

This would have been a really big deal 4 years ago. Good for him if Oakland pays him, though.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

And signed. Enjoy the retirement center roster :laugh:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

warcrimes posted:

Guess I got that wrong. And after looking at this, I'm fine with it.

https://twitter.com/ChrisReed_NFL/status/992471444280885248
That's including stats before 2nd achilles tear. I don't think 2017 was as friendly.

And once the nostalgia wore off on Donnie Edwards, I came to the conclusion that he was a solid LB but also overrated.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Mild is one way to say it. Tepid might be another.

You're also putting a lot of stock into some stats that I don't believe tell the whole story re: coverage. Like I said somewhere else, DJ's mind is still fine and he knows more about linebacking than almost anyone. His body just won't let him do it well anymore. I guess we'll see, I don't want to root against him but...I just don't think there's anything left in the tank.
A fair way to put it. His mind was definitely still processing things quickly, but his body wasn't matching it. If he can get faster somehow, he's a great signing. Big if though.

Nothing bad to say about DJ. He was a big team player.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

No but it's all you guys point to when people say he has no real NFL experience, other than styling on a defense that had given up in a week 17 game game that meant nothing for either team
Try going 32 years without taking a QB in the first round.

I think it's silly to obsess over a game for 8 months, but I get ir.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The very short period of Montana vs. Elway duels was peak NFL. Esp the MNF in Mile High.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Does he rap about Sonic?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

ok?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Someone please post a cool graphics edition of Derek Lokey.

Thanks

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Sound on about the percentage of the menu at McDonald's that Amari Cooper orders daily.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

who ever could have seen that coming
Oakland is the place to be for rehabilitation.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Drew Lock is way more erratic with the football than Mahomes.

Way too much hype around Lock, who I expect will have a letdown year with Derek loving Dooley as his coordinator.

Would be Jay Cutler if anything.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

I mean, just a thought here. What if he's bad
See what Andy did with Kevin Kolb if you'd like to know.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

If the Chiefs had anyone besides Andy Reid, I'd be nervous.

I expect him to lose some games in bad fashion until he has a full year under his belt before he'll really be good.

After that, I expect them to waste his cheap years than flounder in mediocrity because Chiefs. Mix in some stupid forward progress bullshit.

I think Pat being good but not accomplishing a loving thing would be the most torturous result for Chiefs fans.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

It's not even the best Broncos line up in 5 years, but okay.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The Chargers would be my least surprising letdown.

This division is going to be a tight 3 way race and Denver will play 16 games or something. Still glad they passed on Rosen.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Also I just reminded myself that Arizona State hired Herm Edwards, who then complained about the Devils nickname and didn't understand what a modern jersey looks like and man I can't wait.
I wonder if he still plans to have a 45 man roster :lol:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

Chargers:

Favorite: Junior Seau
Most hated: Shawne Merriman

Broncos

Favorite: Terrell Davis
Most hated: Bill Romanowski

Raiders

Favorite: Marcus Allen
Most hated: Bill Romanowski
This is a nice list. Only thing I'd change is my favorite Bronco being Jamaal Charles.

He did a great job fumbling the football in that Monday night game.....or Eddie Kennison since he made fans incredibly angry. Hard to pick.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Looking forward to every single practice Mahomes pass being broken down by the end of the day.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

So I guess he failed the test.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I'm sad the same way I'm sad about Danario Alexander. Waste of talent
At least with Danario, there was no way you could have expected anything else from the get go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Durandal1707 posted:

I suspected that was how it was gonna go with Verrett too because he was pretty banged in college a lot of the time as well.
I don't know why, but I thought Verrett was a bit more durable in college. Guess not!

• Locked thread