Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

That's part of the unnamed upcoming DLC, not the Patch.

Yeah, but let's be honest here, who is not going to buy it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Man, I want to play Stellaris, but I don't want play it knowing there is a new update coming. Something about that kind of bothers me for some strange reason.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

E: Sorry, drunk and posted in wrong thread.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 6, 2017

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Wiz posted:

I mean seriously, we have five different modes of genocide in Utopia. I think we have the evil bit covered even without a Tradition for it.

You can never be TOO evil.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I forget, since it's been a while since I've played the game (because the bank update got announced so early), but can you terraform tomb worlds?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Now we just need to fill that empty 6th slot.

I'm thinking "game preserve" for the managed hunting of the natives and a minor food bonus. And perhaps the opposite effect of indoctrination wherein they start to vehemently hate the ideals of the demon monsters who would hunt and eat them.

Expanding on your idea for collectivist, instead of eating them, for the duration of observation post is located on a planet, their species serves as alien pets. :v:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

And free range on top of that. :v:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Stop doing awesome things! :argh:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I feel like an idiot for turning my battleship into giant aircraft carriers, but I always get giddy watching them launch all those bombers.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Man, Xenophobic Fallen Empires are the worst, got them as a neighbor for one of my starts and every time I've tried to colonize one of my starting planets they'd make me stop or else they'd invade me because I was encroaching on their territory, and you course I just told them to buzz off. It was my fastest start to lose session yet. :v:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Just had my first Unbidden crisis event, is it normal for them to be spawning constant 90k doom stacks when everyone else in the galaxy only has 20k at the most?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

So in other words I'm totally hosed. :v:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Constantly throwing wave after wave of fleets into these Unbidden assholes has really opened my eyes to how desperately this game needs some kind of fleet planner/organizer. Micro managing which ships go where from several different spaceports is starting to turn what should be exciting attempt at holding off the never-ending horde of invaders and turning it into a real drag.

:negative:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Gadzuko posted:

Can't you use rally points for this? New ships always go to the closest rally point. They check for fleet rallies first, if you don't have any of those then they check for planets.

When you have more than one fleet the rally system kind of falls apart.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I hope the next content patch we see involves espionage, just cleared out a system of a giant crystalline entity that has two colonizable worlds, one of which was a size 23 gaia world, but before I could muster a colony ship a neighboring ally sniped the gaia world from me. I was just thinking it would be nice to have some means of getting it back without resorting to war.

Also, it would be nice to have something to spend all this excess influence I've accrued but can never find a good reason to spend it on things other than recruiting leader and starting 'infrastructure project' edicts.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Apr 18, 2017

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Truga posted:

TBH, the tech is "deep space installations" or whatever, it just happens to also give defence stations, it's the battleships requirement I don't get. :v:

Considering how much habitats cost and the time it takes to construct them, they really should be an earlier unlock, it's not like they give a empire that big of an advantage.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I'm about pages 100 behind on this thread, we did we ever get that fleet planer?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

If by diplomacy they mean espionage, then yes, I'm all for it.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Found out the hard way corvettes don't really counter battleships and cruisers anymore. So an enemy nation invades me with three other guys, one of their fleets gets trapped by one of my space fortresses set up to basically to destroy everything smaller than a cruiser. It end up killing everything except the battleships, so I have a fleet of nothing but corvette and destroyers in reserve meant for killing reinforcements and space stations, so I send them, they had 1.5x the fleet power of the remaining battleship so I thought it would be an easy fight. Yeah, no. Not only did my fleet lose, I only killed one battleships in the attempt. :suicide:

Short there after my empire got carved three ways and it was game over for me. I don't know what works and what doesn't when it comes to fleet combat anymore.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 28, 2017

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Afterburners auxiliary really needs to increase evasion stat or something, there is literally no reason to use over other auxiliaries.

Also, war overhaul/rebalance, why yes please. :dance:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I think I'm done for now until the next content update, I just had my fourth game in a row where my empire end in stagnation and becomes a drag to play. Once I get close to battleship level of tech my economy just dies to maintenance costs, other neighboring empire are all rolling around with max battleship fleets like it's nothing, yet they similar number of planets, population, buildings, etc. There is no rhyme or reason why their economies can support these massive battleship fleets and I can't. What in the world am I doing wrong?

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 30, 2017

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Eej posted:

Are you colonizing everything in sight, maximizing adjacency bonuses, skipping tile bonuses and making entire worlds for the purpose of energy?

Yes, as well as mineral too. That's also around the time the game really starts to drag for me, I really have to min max to get anywhere game and even then that isn't enough. It just kind of stops being fun at that point. :shrug:

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Soup du Journey posted:

ok, great!

i noticed discovery got a well-deserved nerf. even at 1/10, that one power is still pretty powerful and worth getting early, right?

Not really in my opinion. I had like 4 science vessel flying around scanning everything they could and the storage never reached more than 1 every ten seconds or so.

• Locked thread