Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
This is not my thread title!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Can these secondary species be an immediate livestock source? Talking cows!

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Cyflan posted:

Well, just got my pre-order key for Utopia.
Obviously can't play the expansion yet, but at least having the expansion in my steam library is a good start.

Same.... so hype!

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

I'm going to spend 7 hours retweaking all the custom races I've made and then spend another 7 restarting after 100 years cause I get another idea to try. But probably psychic Vampire Priests.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

VirtualStranger posted:

"Government types" don't exist anymore except as flavor text. The bonuses that governments used to provide have been moved over to the new civics.

They determine leadership succession still

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

restarted steam and updating now!!!
e: 787mb dl

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Some more SPECIES SUBMISSIONS feel free to cut n paste into your user_empire_designs file, no mod dependencies. I've actually got some here that others posted for previous versions of the goonpack.

"Long ago, the Pthumerians were a simple people who stumbled upon the lost temples of an unknown ancient culture. These temples granted them insight into the Eldritch Truth of god-like cosmic powers called the Great Ones, accelerating the development of their society. For decades the Pthumerians were mere servants, who in exchange for protecting the slumbering Great Ones, were able to continue to learn the Eldritch Truth. Unfortunately, after imbibing the blood of the Great Ones as a curative, they succumbed to a scourge that sterilised them and turned them into mindless beasts.The pure Pthumerians cleansed this bloodstain from their civilisation and now sing out of the Old Ones to return."

https://pastebin.com/8Fd1Yawb

"The Eliksni evolved from nomadic insectoid scavengers, but quickly rose to prominence on their verdant world through conquest and subjugation. They became a thriving society, in the process of mastering space flight technology, when a cosmic entity called the "Whirlwind" ravaged their homeworld completely. In the aftermath, the surviving Eliksni became embroiled in a bloody civil war over their civilization's ruins, forcing them to launch a colony expedition as a desperate bid to ensure their survival. This remnant faced a long and hard journey into space but have begun by securing a new world. Hopefully the first step to return their people to greatness once again."
(based off the Fallen from Destiny)

https://pastebin.com/YnGRQFWe

"The Uguyush evolved from a kind of communal louse who tended to the great trees that towered over the sparse forests of Yavax. This communal focus and dedicated reverence for these trees led them to become a devout peoples. As they developed and progressed they kept the worship of the greatest and oldest of these trees as the fount and reserve of all Uguan, the very foundation of their society. A Government led by those who espoused the spirit of the trees emerged and has directed the Uguans from faith based oligarchy called the Magocracy. It is the Magocracy's endeavour to both spread the sacred trees across the universe and protect the way of life they represent."

https://pastebin.com/xD1KRkHP

"The Zalhalm are a species of lichen-like organisms who live among the many thermal pockets spread across the surface of Vool'u. These pockets are connected by a massive network of tendrils that act as a kind of nervous system, each pocket contributing to a form of gestalt superorganism. The Zalhalm evolved to sometimes bud a form of spore that is sentient but inextricably linked to the Zalhalm, these are the Ul-Tur. They are bound by the holy mission, the Convergence. The Ul-Tur seek to seed as many worlds with the Zalhalm as possible, to grow the consciousness of their species, which they believe will lead to their ascension to Godhood."

https://pastebin.com/6UzMmTft

The Mothars rose to prominence on Libertalia through a strong sense of community. Individually weak and rather incapable, together they brought their communities into a golden age. When the Mothar began assembling into nations, they were met with strong anarchist resistance who insisted that every Mothar was born free, and had as much right to what would support them, as to the air they respired. So it has been that the Mothar revel in their differences and allowed each to live as they desired within a set of common articles."

https://pastebin.com/YWEVZVrb

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

I'm playing a devouring swarm hive mind for the first time bad and it's fun? What am I doing wrong?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

careful about exploring, so you don't accidentally form a megacoalition of Everyone But You

This is exactly what just happened...I fought a war on two fronts and was winning, then a third front opened up and ...welp...

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Nevets posted:

Yeah, it's not bad at all, it just might seem that way since all we've done since the announcement of Cherryh is talk about what mechanics could use improvement.

Yeah it's kinda highlighted how territorial acquisition is a bit blah, AI always dropping frontier outposts on my border to steal some dope resources is kill

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

I am extremely excited for the announcement of what is being added in the DLC on top of all the Cherryh updates. Just hope that a release date isn't toooooooo far in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

E: posted in new thread

• Locked thread