Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I Am A Robot posted:

Just to be clear, are you saying the genocide happens automatically or do I have to purge them? Because the pops seem to be doing fine in my game. What benefit do I get from purging them other than getting 100% full citizenship again? Are they not producing resources and I just missed that?

They are automatically purged.

There is a way to save them if you have all the gene-mod techs and got both biological ascension perks, you can remove the Hive-mind trait they get, but that doesn't come until later and even then I heard that it can be buggy and may not actually stop the purge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Thing is for some reason they decided to take away the ethos specific buildings and put them into the Unity tree instead

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

quote:

The slavery/purge sounds now play when appropriate species rights are set

Best change

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Best way to deal with both endgame crises is to go with hit and run tactics. Try to kill their fleets and stations while they are alone and instantly run away when the others appear.

If you are lucky the other AI empires might provide some distraction.

... unless you already own half the galaxy then you can just faceroll them to death.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

War in Heaven was broken from the beginning, it wasn't 1.5 that broke it

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

canepazzo posted:

What causes the bug that gives your enemy the warscore from a space battle that they lost? I think this one was active at launch, but didn't notice happening since.

The best I can reconstruct events, I engaged a space station, midway through their fleet appeared, so my fleet broke off the station to engage the fleet, wiped it, then destroyed the station.

Result: battle lost, -7% warscore :psyduck:

It counts who lost more ships and compare it to the overall size of your fleets.

It's weird.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Ok something is seriously wrong with AI ethic shifts.

I just had Authoritarian empires turning egalitarian, Spiritualist empires turning Materialist and a democratic crusader turning pacifist.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I'm not sure about this new border system. It sounds annoying if we keep the current number of stars and we have to manually claim all of them.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Aethernet posted:

Why must you have cat genders? You're not doing Furries in Space 5: The Yiffening, ate you?

More differentiation is never bad.

There are also other dimorphism mods from the same author too I think.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Why do you hate CK2?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I had Battleships tank other Battleships while my Cruisers did the actual work.

Pretty sure Battleships focus other Battleships and Cruisers especially if they have XL weapons.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

What even is the complaint about anymore?

To me a template system sound like something that removes needless micromanagement. You just make a mining droid, an energy robot and a science robot and then just build them to places where you need them. I just cannot see an instance where you might have to customize your robots per planet or even tile.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Population being represented by some numbers and percentages is pretty horrible and uninteresting.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Good to know that not having the exact number of portraits is the main thing that will ruin your excitement.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Soup du Journey posted:

sure i am.

yo if they didnt have an effect on sales or consumer loyalty or whatever then they wouldn't bother writing them. they're ads :/

anyway it weirds me out that so many of the threads here turn into hugboxes favoring the developer. like, why? it's just a thing you sometimes buy. it's okay to be a little critical. if some outfit puts out promo material and the finished product doesn't deliver on it (by a little or by a lot), then the burden is on them to run a tighter ship; there's nothing wrong with the buyer for wrinkling their nose at any disparity between the two.

That's not how any of this works

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So the big FTL and border remake is going to be next patch?
Yes plz

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

One thing I want is an option to start in a Nebula, so I can play as the Garden of Kadesh

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Shadowlyger posted:

Oh, reading further, they've hosed up Jump Drive. Great, there is no further reason to play this game unmodded.

By "hosed up" you mean they made them loving amazing, sure

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

So if "destroying" a starbase occupies a system does that mean ground combat is gone? I like the idea of troops but I hate the current troop/invasion system.
Something like an abstracted manpower pool of ground troops that you need to spend to occupy territory in a war would be a great way to prevent total steam-roller victories. The enemy fleet is shattered but as a little 4 planet "tall" empire that hasn't really built up a huge army you just can't justify the costs to occupy the entire 10 system enemy empire.

My only concern with jump drives is that they sound awesome as a player and allow for some creative strategies, but will the AI be able to figure them out? To think up sneaky strategies that take good advantage of the jump drive's abilities plus downside?

I was thinking that we might get a ground combat remake this patch but I doubt it, it's more like they are putting it in the background before completely remaking them (like they did it with the AI crisis).

Wiz did say he wanted to put FTL inhibitors on planets but I doubt that will happen before the great ground combat remake.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Well yeah, space terrain majes it feel more like ground but space is also pretty empty and boring.

Also nearly every space game (4x or not) uses some form of space highways for ftl

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Shadowlyger posted:

Which is why Stellaris was so cool, having ftl types that don't suck.

It also let you charge the middle of the enemy capital without anything to hold you back

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Which is the best true hyperlane only mod? I tried one but it doesn't seem to be working.

Also can you still assimilate pops as a devouring swarm or you can only eat them?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

It's weird because I thought people hate "must have" DLCs that mainly improve gameplay so they don't have to pay for "fixing the game"

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Unless you want random literal walls you cannot wormhole/warp over, we get hyperlanes just for the terrain it creates.

Otherwise you could just jump straight into their homeworld, ignoring all the space-forts that are now a thing

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I can see the idea that making Stellaris more like CK2 where the combat sucks but it's part of the diplomatic and social game. Thing is there's not much to build upon for a deeper diplomatic gameplay, while the combat is clunky, it is functional and enjoyable. In fact most of Stellaris mid and lategame revolves around combat so there's already something we can base the improvements.

But that's probably a bad way to look at it. The big FTL rework was long coming, it was talked about how there needed to be more terrain more varied maps and with it a different ways to handle borders and ownership. So if we are getting the big FTL and map remake it's logical that the system that will be most effected by it need to be touched upon as well. But while we are talking about politics, the biggest change is actually a diplomatic one, how wars are now require claims and/or Casus Belli rather than just randomly deciding to take half of their empire. I can already see this system being built upon in the future with some diplomatic events, a possible espionage system. Actually for me the feature I look forward the most are the new wormholes because it actually gives me options to take part of conflicts in the other side of the galaxy.

Or you can just wait for next year/ next DLC when the obviously hinted at diplomacy remake is coming with Space UNs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Wiz said in one of the streams that there is an option to remove visible hyperlanes and just set the density to max. You'll still only be able to jump to bordering systems but it's close enough.

I presume they have come to a solution since they have been talking with the New Horizon team and all.

Gyrotica posted:

Curious - can you share the reason for removing it?

Part of the optimization? All distance from now on is measured by number of jumps rather than euclidean distance so that would make warp hard to work (although jump drives still use euclidean distance from what I've seen)

• Locked thread