Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

This game is so much better now! Here's my government while we're posting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Well I accidentally played until 2AM. I have no idea what I'm doing but I've got 5 planets, a happy populace of repulsive mollusks, and friendly relations with all my neighbors. Hooray?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Is there a console command to add/remove ascendency perks? I grabbed the wrong one somehow. Tried to edit the saved game but I just get a BROKEN SAVED GAME at the top of the list instead.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Aw, I got a pop up saying that we found a Cybrex artifact on some planet and need further research but no entry in my situation log. Is there a way to get that event chain back on the path or am I stuck at 4/6 until the end of time?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Mister Adequate posted:

If you're not playing Ironman you can use console commands to move things along. If you are playing Ironman you'reSOL.

I'm not playing Ironman since it's the first game I've played longer than like 25 years :v:

I'll see if I can find the planet. I remember it started with an S and has a really long name so I should be able to find it with the search box.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I'm playing as a hive mind for the first time. I conquered these rear end in a top hat warriors and force-vassalized them. I've assimilated integrated them into my empire now but they're all pissed and unresting because I'm throwing them into food processors. One planet became independent and got guarantees from all my neighbors! How do I keep the other planets from continuing to sow discord while I wait for them to become fertilizer?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

LordMune posted:

You were invading a planet weren't you, you utter fool This is fixed in 1.6. Abort any planetary occupations around the date you win/lose (you can still try again once you're past that point) and you should be able to avoid a premature end.

One day, when it's safely in the past, I'll tell the story of how that bug works because it's pretty funny.

Capitalists has built a glass factroy. You win.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Is there a list of anomalies you've discovered but haven't researched somewhere? I accidentally dismissed a "we found some weird poo poo, could be a precursor something or other" popup during a war and have no idea where it was. It's not in my situation log.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Mister Adequate posted:

Should be on the galaxy map as a little beaker icon next to the system in question. You can just click that icon directly there rather than having to zoom in to the system level. If you can't see it try hitting alt a couple times, sometimes icons refuse to show/show when they shouldn't, and that usually clears it up.

Found it! :toot:

The galaxy hates me because I'm a hive mind and keep purging the xenos from the planets I take in wars. Enclaves don't seem to mind though. :v:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Well, time to start my Hive Mind over again now that 1.6 happened, allowing me to play as the devouring Mycon swarm I always wanted. Purge the xenos Void the Non!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

PittTheElder posted:

How exactly is the War in Heaven supposedly broken?

The drat thing crashes after mission 8 if you don't have a certain version of FSOpen.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I had a colony get occupied by Titanic Life. Drove over there and blew up the spaceport (why do giant animals gain control of my spaceport?) but my fleet wouldn't bombard the fortifications, they just sat there in orbit being useless.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Yeah, I lost a gas giant cruiser to my own spaceport 15 years into the game. Very embarrassing. :saddowns:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Oh, I was wondering why my dumb Devouring Swarm was literally surrounded by empires in mutual defensive pacts. I can't devour anyone without going to war with the whole galaxy since nobody will declare war on each other!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

nessin posted:

Paradox confirmed as Speciesist.

Aw, I liked having my only buddies be the other Hive Mind in my galaxy. Time to restart again.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Being a Devouring Swarm sucks since everyone hates you at -1000. They'll all go to war with you as soon as they can! Not that that's unrealistic...

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Oh dammit, the Infosphere left a turd on my doorstep. It gave me the Sentient AI tech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

How should I be playing as a fanatical purger? I do well and then all my neighbors declare war at once and I die.

Downfall was an instruction manual.

• Locked thread