Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

not only are you replacing cooks with ted loving ginn, but you're losing him in a trade with the patriots which you'll almost certainly lose

I want no part of Ted Ginn and now I have to root for him. If they keep Cooks or get a hell of a deal for him, then I'll be OK with it.

They're not going to get a hell of a deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Saints resign Nick Fairley to a 4 year $30 million deal. Works for me.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/839959383090081792

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 9, 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I can't believe we traded Cooks for #32 and #103 AND had to give up #118 as well.

This just sucks.

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/840360890402799620

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chilichimp posted:

Better than him walking next year and you maybe get a comp pick at the end of the 3rd

He had a fifth year option. I'd rather him stay on the team if this was all we were going to get.

Funny how your mood about your team can change so quickly. Yesterday, I was pretty drat happy about all their moves. Today, I'm disgusted with the front office. I just think a young speedy dependable receiver should be worth more than this, and the Saints screwed themselves.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/843471749819723776

Hell no. Might as well just sign him to a contract if you're gonna do that.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Not all short QBs can be Drew Brees, Sean.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Guess that ends the Johnny Football talk.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/847172998058483712

Glad to have him back.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
As the day closes...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chilichimp posted:

I have to agree "AGREED TO TERMS" is the dumbest fuckin' promo phrase I've ever seen.

Shoulda be something like, "Trufant's Salary is about to RISE UP!"

That's much better, honestly. You should go work for Atlanta PR.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I like the Saints/Falcons games coming so late in the season, one on Christmas Eve, no less!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Bucs final three:

vs Atlanta
@ Carolina
vs New Orleans

Should be an interesting ride in the NFCS this year. ESPN seems to think all the teams will finish above .500.

Better than all of us going under 7-9.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mark Ingram needs a backup now that Tim Hightower has left. I'll take it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
One thing, good luck stacking the box to stop the Saints if they put both Ingram and AP in the backfield. Brees gonna throw for 6000.

At the very least, he'll be better than Spiller.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

waah posted:

Mike Tanier has the 2017 Saints experience all wrapped up.

https://twitter.com/MikeTanier/status/857191350885920769

Hey now, the defense should only allow 36 points this year.

Also, I keep forgetting/trying to forget that we signed Ted Ginn.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 26, 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Saints made a seemingly good pick. I'm confused

Stupid 49ers getting Foster one pick before, but yeah, I'm ok with a tackle assuming he'll play right tackle. Maybe get Jordan Willis with 42.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

What an upstanding looking young man.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

i think it's clear that the drew brees signing was completely a fluke for a bad team that does bad stupid things

2006 was the best draft ever for the Saints. Ever since then :shrug:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
This looks promising at least.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/858164223595208704

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

I don't know that we needed a running back so high after getting Adrian Peterson, and I know we don't need a safety. I guess we're just preparing for when AP and 4 DBs inevitably get hurt.

Other picks seem good though?

Honestly, finally drafting a DE (and one that looks pretty decent against the pass) has made me like this draft more. If Kamara can play like Bush/Sproles, that would be a big bonus.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

weird Asian candy posted:

This is the unfortunate truth. Although "blown out" isn't true...at all...the narrative will always be, and rightfully so, how the Atlanta Falcons collapsed in historic fashion and blew the largest lead in SB history. It will be with this team until they win one. If they ever win one. :smith:

Brings up a good point. We've had two back to back NFC South teams in the Super Bowl, both losses. Which NFC South team will be the next one in the Super Bowl AND win?

My heart wants to give Drew Brees an Elwayish send-off Super Bowl victory. My head is looking at Tampa Bay's potential offense and saying "drat!"

Still going with the Saints as long as Drew is there and if the defense doesn't completely suck rear end. Once Drew is gone, that's all folks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I think if you look at SB windows, I would say Falcons and Bucs have the best chance. Seems like the Saints are just destined to go 7-9 forever until Drew retires and it turns to 2-14.

We'll need to hire Jeff Fisher to keep the streak alive.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

It would be very Breesy and Paytony to have one final gently caress off kaboom season and win it all just to eternally gently caress with my mind.

From your mouth to the fickle football gods' ears.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Expect a lot of 28-3 related signs in the stands this year.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
That is the official hat of Turd Ferguson.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/FBGNews/status/878745807922622464

Well that was obvious.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I wonder if he's going to be done permanently. This sucks for him, because he had a great year last year and just got rewarded with a nice contract. :(

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So basically every one of the 31 teams that were defeated last year and didn't win the Super Bowl now have fuel for next year?

Good to know!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Falcons finishing third in the NFCS this year.

More fuel!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
One of these days I'll actually open this and play it. Problem is I have four or five versions of Monopoly anyway.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 21, 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Do you live IN New Orleans, Silly? Either way, what do you think of the city?

No, I live about two hours away, about in the middle of Baton Rouge and Lafayette in the boons.

Truth be told, I'm ok with visiting New Orleans every now and then, but I hate driving in it. I'm much more comfortable driving in Pensacola, Gulfport, and even Houston than New Orleans.

When I go I usually hit the French Quarter or the surrounding areas. When my sister in law lived here, we'd visit her and visit Freret St. I love the food there obviously, but there's a lot of good food all around here. I don't drink, so besides enjoying the music at the bars, the drinking scene doesn't do much for me.

It's a fun place to visit (and to see Saints games or other spectacles), but I'd rather be by the beach in Pensacola/Gulf Shores/Orange Beach/Gulfport. To each his own. :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I think you and I would get along great because a lot of that describes me. I wasn't impressed with Bourbon Street and a lot of the city was just smelly and gross but there were these gems in the middle of it that were totally awesome like Royal Street.

The food was amazing everywhere and the people were super nice even though I couldn't understand half of them.

Very crowded though, like everyone smoked which was great with the cramped streets. I'd like to have explored more but I suspect it's a lot of what I saw.

Was just curious what you thought :)

We stayed on the corner of Baronne and Common and there was a lot of poo poo close by so that was cool. The Super Dome was loving huge, I was kinda :stare: at the size of it.

I suspect we'd get along great except for two specific days of the year. :)

My favorite fact about the Superdome is that you could fit the Astrodome inside of it and still have room to fly a small plane in it: http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1975/9/15/more-than-a-building-pthe-main/

If you had trouble understanding some of the New Orleans locals, you need to plan a side visit to Lafayette and the Acadiana area, especially on a long weekend. Some of the nicest people ever, but when they start mixing some Cajun French in with English and speaking rapidly, all you can do is smile and nod. And that's not everyone obviously, but I'm thinking more of going to the festivals and restaurants with the dance floors.

And the food is drat good in Lafayette too. ;)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The one thing I am bummed I did not see was Boudin. I was in Baton Rouge a long time ago and a client sent me home with a bunch of it. It was loving incredible and I wish I had some. I did gorge on Jambalaya and crawfish though.

If you're ever in the area again, I'll treat you to some Billy's boudin balls. They take the boudin mixture, roll it in flour, and fry it up. There are also boudin balls that have a plug of pepper jack cheese in the middle and are all melted and delicious. I've tried a lot of boudin, but I'm lucky that Billy's is only 15 miles away in Krotz Springs (but they do have other locations in Opelousas and Scott).

Gee, I wonder why we're overweight around here. :)

Fake edit: just found that they have a website and they deliver: http://www.billysboudin.com

Mmmmm.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Barudak posted:

Boudin is so tasty its unreal.

Unlike the rest of yall I guess I painfully miss New Orleans now that i dont live there and try and visit once a year like its a friend in hospice. Saints can get moved when the city sinks but I wont be able to stuff my gullet with New Orleans food once the water swallows it all.

Eventually Shreveport will be the New New Orleans. Give it time.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I love the ending.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Guess it's not NFC South news any more, but Luke McCown is now a Cowboy. Take that generator west, young man.

https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/891104604267495424

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I just lol'd thinking about how many points the Saints are going to give up just to the nfcs.

I'm setting the o/u at 283 so Silly can't make the obvious joke :colbert:

Aw man.

I swear, if we waste another year of Drew with a crappy defense....(it's probably bound to happen).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chilichimp posted:

You got a ring, now you're paying for it.

Worth it in the end. I'm hoping we give Brees the same sendoff that Elway got. However, the NFC South is a really tough division, and having a weak defense is not good. Camp reports are generally positive, but aren't they always?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Get on the horn with Chicago to see if you can get Glennon back.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/JohnJHendrix/status/891320148509982720

https://twitter.com/JoelAErickson/status/891320260359598080

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Water wet. Sky blue. What were you expecting, Silly??

Exactly that, honestly.

• Locked thread