Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

It has to be bringing back the blacks right? :ohdear:

Coincidentally, I bet bringing back the black is what zimbo things will fix the Panthers :dance:

I know its cool to pile on but people were literally posting about how cool it'll be to make white people uncomfortable by having Obama and cam dab on the Whitehouse lawn and various pundits were going about cam being a roll model for black kids growing up etc.

Can we not make this thread like the ten others on tff where we have a woke-ness off.

Zimbo wasnt eloquent but he wasn't inaccurate either.

FizFashizzle posted:

shula is rivera's guy.

Panthers rarely fire coordinators.

Yeah I see your point but they did eventually get rid of Henning and trgovac all those years ago. Rivera might have his guys but hes also been quick to sit and start players when someone wasnt pulling their weight.

It's one of the reasons I'm annoyed Gettleman is gone dude would probably swing the axe. Hurney...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

You're right. I just assumed he was shown the door after years of people clamoring for it.

Rivera did fire the secondary coach but like you said. Wasnt his guy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

There's something to be said for knowing when youre in pain I agree.

I don't want to read about him eating a bullet in ten years time because he's so hosed up he just wants it to stop.

They should sit him for 2 or 3 weeks. At worst the team is 2-4 when he comes back and he comes back actually physically ready to play.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

If his body is physically breaking down, is 2-3 weeks really going to do much in the long run?

Yeah it would do more than you think. NFL trainers during the season are like pit crews at a drift event they just duct tape and zip tie poo poo together to get you through the 17 weeks plus playoffs.

It at least would give them a chance to see if there's a road to salvage his season I.e. another two weeks off or whatever or whether or not it's going to be a career issue if you don't sit him for the year.

I don't think cam got hurt that much doing the running. All qbs tell ya the ones you see coming aren't the dangerous ones.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah I want to die about it.

Who would be your pick if given a choice?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

That Works posted:

Yep. Also his issues in the game last week seemed to be way more with his throwing arm / throwing motion. Now that could be related to some back or hip issue I guess, but I haven't followed what all his injuries are.

His action was bad with his feet. He wasn't planting and driving properly. I'm gonna guess a lot of that is the ankle.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah that's what I noticed too. If you're trying to muscle stuff instead of being relaxed and mechanically sound you lose power and accuracy quite a bit no matter the sport unfortunately.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It's ok if they Do, it's ok if they don't.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Bucs should've won by 20 today but instead decided to win as time expired. So frustrating to watch. Thankfully the Giants are bad. Pats gonna whoop us on Thursday.

You should beat the pats by 20.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I missed the panthers game because I was super drunk, how did cam look? I watched the highlights etc and his stats are nice but can't really glean much from that.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like Funchess quite a lot and I think he's going to get more of a roll moving forward.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He seems the better route runner and positions himself better going for the ball.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If he works out he'll be what the 4th reclamation project at safety for Carolina?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dis gonna be good. Who's more oppressed a black dude or a woman?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

That's not really how that works

Pretty sure that's exactly how identity politics works.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

As does your ability to recognise humor when its right in front of you, like a female talking about routes.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Generally something has to be present to be recognized

Sorry bout your woke-ness.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Wtf, the Bucs cut Jacquies Smith. They only have 1 sack this season and he just got back being healthy.

Peppers is on pace for 18. He's 37.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Exactly. I know they like Auclair but he has no chance of seeing the field behind OJ, Brate, and Stocker. We don't need a TE project at this point compared to a pass rusher.

I'm not trying to be a dick here but I can't remember the buccs having a decent pass rusher in a long, long time. Has it just been bad drafting or what?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

What a piece of poo poo.

Also the tubby guy next to him yells "Dad" and just points at the guy? I would have gone feral if some dude started randomly punching my dad.

Violence has an odd effect on people.

Most people think they'd be in the thick of It but most people just freeze and pull an odd face like they don't know what's happening and then get light headed from the adrenaline.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

oldskool posted:

I got laid off just before wild card weekend in 2015. The day of the Super Bowl I slept literally all day, woke up just in time for the national anthem, watched Denver dismantle our offense and went back to sleep.

I took a day off work and watched it with 2 mates. All they did was pat me on the back and tell me they were sorry. Then i was sad driving home.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Physically cam has looked fine since the Saints game.

He was probably concussed after that goal line dive, plus the playcalling was uh questionable

Hopefully when Ryan Kalil comes back the offensive line can open some holes running so Cam doesnt have to do that poo poo.

I know I'm delusional.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers should have hung 40 on the bears. This was atrocious.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers might not have a good offense until the big cat dies. The dude is still stuck in the 70s with his mentality that the team should be built on a running foundation with stout defense.

Rivera is fine as a head coach. He (it seems) can get the players buying in no doubt in part because he's a former player and has always had an at least serviceable defense while pretty much not paying a dime for the secondary.

I don't think he has the power to fire Shula though and its a drat shame. He should have been tossed last year. Hell they never should have hired him over Hue Jackson or should have brought Chudzinski back when he got sacked in Cleveland.

Makes me hate that we got rid of Gettleman. He for drat sure would have pulled the trigger when it needed pulling.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I actually thought it was dumb we didn't replace ginn with some pace in the off-season. DJax before he went to Tampa was my pie in the sky dream and I get the feeling they were hoping Byrd could step up but he died.

Missing that deep element even with the offensive line woes has hurt. Maybe they're thinking Samuel can be the guy?

Trading for Bryant could have been the go. Ginn wasnt a great receiver but you drat sure had to respect him going deep and I think the offense hasnt been as open without that element.

That being said getting rid of Benjamin doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Even out of shape hes money in the red zone and will box out anyone in the NFL given a good chance to do so.

Without Olsen being 100% back its hard to understand. Unless this gives us the best indication Olsen is pretty close to being good to go.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He owns though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I eat rb rushing yards. I'm almost dead.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If the panthers offensive resurgence is legit the new Orleans game becomes a while lot more interesting.

Olsen coming back should open things up a whole lot more too.

My only concern is if Kuechly cant stay healthy the defense has a big gently caress off hole. When he went out the game against Philly was pretty much done.

Playoffs always have a clownball element. If you can just get in and stay healthy all bets are kind of off at that point.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Juju could steal rookie of the year

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shiki Dan posted:

Reminder that the Panthers had 2 picks in the top 40 of this year's draft, and used them both for RBs not named Hunt, Kamara, or Fournette

Eh this sort of hindsight is always a bit dumb. Hunt was a 3rd rounder so everyone whiffed on that one and fournette was gone when we picked.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers got away with one today but it's kind of about time they had a bit of Luck. Cam was due a bad game. I'm hoping it's his last one for the season though.

If they can win next week they control the division.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Man, streaks end, but we have GOT to get Lattimore and Crawley back on the field. Today's D was horrid. Still leading the South though, but you guys won't back off. :argh:

It all comes down to next week.

Barring some kind of panthers meltdown.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah you're right. Didn't realise there were so many division games.

Panthers have
Saints,
Vikings,
packers
buccs
Atlanta

Saints have
Panthers
Falcons
Jets
Falcons
Buccs

Falcons have
Vikings
Saints
Buccs
Saints
Panthers

That final week two weeks could be a cluster gently caress.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Vikings games for Atlanta and Carolina are going to be a good litmus test after what they did to the rams.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

oldskool posted:

It's really weird to be celebrating a win based on a roughing the passer call in our favor.

Funchess looks really, really good since the KB trade. And I'm still OK with the CMC pick because during the first couple drives before Olsen got injured again either one or both of them was open on almost every play; nobody has linebackers that can cover both and if Clay or Shepard can step up and become a deep threat that'll prevent safeties from coming up to help out.

Funchess has been really good. I'd like to see the plays called to feature him a little more.

Olsen going down again sucks but if it's just soreness as advertised he should be back fairly soon.

Rodgers coming back would suck really quite badly even if the rest of the team is complete trash that could end really bad.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The nfc south has 2 teams at 8-3... interesting.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah Kaepernick was good in the Roman system running like gently caress and throwing to a good supporting cast, whilst supported by a great defense, but he never developed into a decent passer. He was always a 1 or 2 read - run guy.

All of a sudden he's become a sure fire HOFer who's been blackballed. He hasn't been treated fairly but lets not let reality get away here, he wasn't a great QB, at all.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

That Works posted:

He wasn't great but he should be on speed dial for anyone who needs a backup.

I agree, I'd be perfectly happy for him to be signed if Cam got his leg broken on Monday.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Name a skill position player for the 49ers last year.

He was also significantly better than Blaine Gabbert on the same team and Gabbert is now starting for the Cardinals.

The point isn’t that Kaepernick is a very good QB, it’s that he’s still, despite being mediocre, worlds better than a bunch of backups and even starters out there.

Carlos hyde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Kaep isn't very good, but he'd be the ideal back-up for Cam Newton, since the offense wouldn't change much if he had to take over.

No chance in hell he's hired by anyone in the NFL, much less the -Panthers-, lol.

The running schemes the panthers run aren't overly simple there bruv and Cam is a far better pocket passer

• Locked thread