Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Chilichimp posted:

good thing that won't happen.

Yeah, Saints / Panthers can happen at either site, as can Falcons / Panthers, but if the Saints have to play the Falcons in Wild Card Weekend it will be in Atlanta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Chilichimp posted:

I didn't say can't. I said won't.

Well we knew that - the Saints are gonna dump truck the Falcons for Christmas making it a moot point.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s good. Excellent, even.

Better than two weeks ago for sure.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

If we beat the Bucs, how high of a draft pick will they get next year?

Somewhere from #3 to #5, most likely #4, but it depends on the Colts / Texans game and the tiebreakers. Browns (1) and Giants (2) aren't going to change (well, Colts and Giants could swap if the Texans and Giants both win, but it doesn't matter for this), but the Colts, Browns (from Texans) and Buccaneers could all be 4-12 after the weekend.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-order-week-17-could-provide-plenty-of-re-ordering-in-the-top-five/

ulmont fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 29, 2017

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

ozymandius1024 posted:

We did our collapsing last week :smug:

:same:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Honestly I think the Rams or the Vikings have a much better shot of going to the big game than any of the NFC South teams

Considering the Rams[1] and the Vikings[2] both beat the Saints[3], I'd have to agree.[4] I mean, I hope a rematch can change things, but I'm not hopeful.

[1] Both Marshon Lattimore and Ken Crawley were out with injuries, leaving the backup CBs to start.
[2] First game of season, before ditching Peterson and learning that Kamara is a wizard.
[3] The Vikings also beat the Falcons, but lost to the Panthers.
[4] The Vikings skulldragged the Rams in Week 11, 24-7, so they are the favorite.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Kawasaki Nun posted:

People get shot on Claiborne like, all the time.

Like Wednesday in fact.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2018/01/man_shot_in_head_on_elysian_fi.amp

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Now I believe Atlanta has a very real shot at making the NFCCG.

It's going to be wild today. Go Saints!

We just have to make sure the NFCCG is in the Dome. Geaux Saints!

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

The night the Saints won the Super Bowl had the lowest crime rate basically ever.

The Louisiana bar started the day after the Super Bowl. I watched that Super Bowl sober from a hotel room in Kenner with study books on my knee.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

That Works posted:

That's the saddest loving thing I ever heard

And then Lundi Gras was cold as hell too.

FartingBedpost posted:

hosed up that they didn't postpone it. Pretty sure SB wins count as National Holidays.

The person running the exam came in in a Brees jersey and I think all the staff was hung over.

Sent from my iPad posted:

seriouspost the LA bar is really loving weird/different because of the French law thing, right?

It's really different because it's nothing but written questions and doesn't share the multistate multiple choice bar exam, but much of the law is unified by now and the biggest differences are just names for things, IMO.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Man, it's Friday, and people around work are all buzzing about the games this weekend. Most of the consensus is that it's going to be tough, but the Saints and the Falcons will both advance this weekend.

:lol: we are so hosed.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

A list of a bunch of places that will ship king cake is here:

http://www.mardigras.com/news/page/mardi_gras_king_cake_database.html

I can personally vouch for:

Adrian's
Haydel's
Manny Randazzo's
Rouses
Sucre

...also Dong Phoung, Cake Cafe, and The Bywater Bakery are all also great but good luck getting them if you're out of town.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Last minute WHO DAT!!!

WHO DAT!!!

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

That Works posted:

Everyone mad at a rookie safety making a bad move and ignores that the whole team played like poo poo the entire first half....

Yeah - to be that close to winning after that first half was nothing short of amazing.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

three posted:

"Lots of teams lose on last second walk-off touchdowns with 10 seconds left!"

It happened 2 weeks ago (15 seconds left) against Tampa though.

...frankly, with the 2014-2016 Saints defense, it used to happen what seemed like every loving week.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

weird Asian candy posted:

Have you ever lost by a pick-2? :thunk:

Nah, Falcons still have that one to themselves. But seriously, watch this poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqUpq65ACQw

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

I remember that one! Do you rank that one better or worse than Saints_Jags_Missed_XP? I feel like that one is an all timer...

The River City Relay is still a classic because the missed extra point comes after one of the most amazing plays of all time and the only time that "everybody lateral!" worked for a play.

My goodness we have found amazing new ways to lose football games :(

Yup.

A.o.D. posted:

The Falcons made it to the playoffs in a division that sent 3 teams to the post season AND managed to win a game on the road. That's not a loving playoff hangover.

Not at all. Maybe next year?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

three posted:

It had never happened in the postseason outside of OT ever before.

Again, 14 seconds versus 10 seconds, but close enough.

Trigger warning for Saints fans: VD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzp_NIP-S8I

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

One more snow day!

Because my house has no insulation, barely any floors, and high ceilings, it is currently 71 degrees at head height but 46 degrees at floor level...so I'm going into the goddamn office tomorrow, thanks.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I'm expecting the birds to come back in better form next season. I'm not saying I expect a superbowl, but I do expect a postseason berth again.

So, you're expecting a loss in the championship round? I mean, there's not a lot of "better" between "lost in the divisional round" and "superbowl"...

...not to mention the 2016 season was 11-5 and the 2017 season was 10-6, so not a lot of dropoff.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

I expect a playoff birth. From there, who the hell knows. Too many unknowns from now til then and injuries will play a big part. At least we have the 3rd place schedule next year :shrug:

Saints: Vikings and Rams
Panthers: Lions and Seahawks
Falcons: Packers and Cardinals
Buccaneers: Bears and 49ers

Yeah, that's gonna suck.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

That Works posted:

I would love to see how this rule retroactively applied would change the Saints defensive numbers when we had Brandon Browner.

Most of Browner's penalties were holding - he only had 2 PI calls that were beyond 15 yards. So not much.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/player/b-browner-new-orleans-saints?year=2015

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Saints want to bring Graham home to the swamp apparently

Either that, or it's the laziest possible take you could make about Graham becoming a free agent.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

wandler20 posted:

It's been reported by several NFL reporters including Rapaport so there's definitely smoke there.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the Saints could definitely use a good pass-catching tight end.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

zimbomonkey posted:

So when is the saints' cap hell coming?

2012-2015.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Cam Newton had a collision with a dump truck in Atlanta yesterday. I'll let you guys write the jokes.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/04/06/cam-newton-car-accident-dump-truck/

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

hey saints fans how much blood will you poo poo when the panthers grab guice as well

After last year's draft I'm inclined to trust that the Saints may be better at player evaluation than they once were, so I'm gonna stay hyped until the first regular season game or the rash of key injuries, whichever comes first.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Seen at jazz fest:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

tbh I had no idea where that was. I feel like every state has jazzfest at some point and I saw the Colorado flag...but then I also saw a Cubs W flag...so I didn't know wth to think haha

If it's in NOLA...cool cool

It's in NOLA. Other flags flying include the states of Wyoming, Maryland, California, as well as the Canadian flag and the flag of a summer camp in Vermont.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Saints released Fleener. lol that sure was a great signing.

Am I reading this right in that he has a $8m dead cap hit??? :stare:

Depends on (a) if he's designated a post-June 1 cut (drops it to $5 million this year) and (b) if he gets another contract (he has offset language), but yeah, $8 million dead money if he's straight cut pre-June 1.
http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_15bdaec2-5225-11e8-9c3f-9b3977a5bb1f.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

That Works posted:

I'm kinda not interested in football anymore I think. With the concussion poo poo already and now the NFL throwing its hat into the ring on political policy it's making me feel pretty uncomfortable supporting or watching the NFL in any way. Will see if I can hold out past preseason though. An entire lifetime of behavior is hard to change.

The CFL is right over there, and they even have JFF these days...

• Locked thread