Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Ever since the division was artificially created following the realignment of 2002 the South is made up of three former NFC West teams (ATL, CAR, and NO) and one NFC Central team (TB). As a result the deepest rivalries in the division is between the Falcons and the Saints, due to a long shared history.

As a Bucs fan, gently caress the panthers meh on the others. I'd root for ATL to win the SB if they make it. But lol rooting for Cam last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Sean is dead coach walking at this point which kind of feels like it's putting a damper on the quality of candidates willing to join up for what is likely a one year stint. Sucks because that Saints win was pretty awesome and I really like Brees.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

zimbomonkey posted:

gently caress Jameis though.

Is it ok to love your team but hate the QB? I mean Jameis can win MVP a super bowl and SB MVP and I'll still hate him.

Seriously gently caress Jameis

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

And this is why everyone else sucks.

Go ATL.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

How can a man be both a speedster and a possession receiver? He's undeniable.

Im excited to see what Evans becomes over the next few years.

Evans needs a good #2 to take pressure off as Jackson's decline continues. Hopefully it's Brate or Humphries, but I doubt they're going to be that missing 1a or 2 the team needs to keep the pressure off Evans.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

gently caress that guy and gently caress Boston.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

marioinblack posted:

As a Bucs fan, I'm just happy when people remember that the Bucs exist.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

2018 season Super Bowl. Saints are next season.

I'm ok with this on,y as long as Brees retires after winning and Payton leaves the organization.

Speaking of the Saints I lost track but wasn't the owner and his kids fighting over the team or something like that. The wife / stepmom was the crux of the argument IIRC but gently caress if I know anything beyond that.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Serotonin posted:

Oh god.
Actually I'm struggling to get my head round the concept of rivalries in the NFL. I get we are all in the same division but then again so are 18 other teams in the EPL but Id only describe a handful as 'rivals' to West Ham and they are pretty much just the local clubs in London such as Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. I'm probably missing all sorts of historical and cultural contexts as a Brit.

The only teams I hate are the Patriots and the Broncos and that stems back to my childhood in the 80s when I briefly followed NFL when it first came to British tv. Both are massively popular in the UK in the same way Man Utd and Chelsea are massively popular in the US. Glory hunters.

The Bucs were basically supporting the Glazer family efforts to finance Man U during the first few years after the take over so gently caress Man U.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Serotonin posted:

gently caress the Bucs too then

That hurts man. :(

The half of my post that I deleted before posting was about how I was going to move to London as a relocation pre-brexit, and that I had settled on West Ham as my EPL team, I was learning the words to Forever Blowing Bubbles. I had picked out a nice bit of kit that I was going to buy online and the move didn't happen and yeah :(

But you know poo poo happens.

I still follow the Hammers online through ESPN (dirty yank and all) but I'm not sure I understand the logo change and the Ray Parlour folk seem like a right bunch of twats when I peek in there so I never asked.

But yeah I guess gently caress the Bucs because the Glazers are a bunch of pricks who like having all the toys and I hope Man U has to fight regulation every year.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Silly Burrito posted:

That was the second best Super Bowl EVER.

EEEEEEEEEVER.

After the lol Raiders didn't change a drat thing Super Bowl? I agree!

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I want to believe it's his Samsung Juke.

No lie that phone was sweet as hell in 2005 or whenever.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

I never knew I needed this in my life until now.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

weird Asian candy posted:

I think the Bucs are going to be a legit threat to the division, which means they will probably be terrible

You and me both.

I'm excited to watch the Bucs this year.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

weird Asian candy posted:

I still can't believe that was the solution. Enjoy your 16 straight weeks I guess :shrug:

I am very curious to see how the Bucs look on Sunday. Week 1 is always so weird (Week 2 in this case) and I'm genuinely curious if the hype is real. I think it is :ohdear:

Not this year. Most teams cursed with 16 straight weeks end up winning 4-5 games. loving hell Miami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

three posted:

How is Jameis so bad when he has so many weapons? Jackson, Evans, Brate, Howard, Martin. I think every one of those player would start over their respective (non-injured) counterparts on the Panthers right now.

His shoulder is hosed up. IMO he should go on IR and have Fitz run the show for the rest of the year.

• Locked thread