Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

gently caress the Falcons and all, but their current team is actually pretty likable and the offense is very fun to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

Wishing for your heated rival to even make the Super Bowl: :sad:

I live in Portland, surrounded by fairweather Seahawks fans, so I root against Seattle in any and all circumstances because the effects of their winning and losing are most directly noticeable to me. I don't have to talk to Falcons fans every day about their "historic" defense or dynasty-in-the-making.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

weird Asian candy posted:

I hear ya. Now take a seat and let me tell you about our historic offense and dynasty-in-the-making. You see it all started after Seattle lost the Superbowl in 2014...

I can always ignore dumb posts, but I can't just put dumb coworkers and friends on ignore, so in person aggravation will always win out.

Plus, until you've bought a dumb "get in" falcon smilie and post it at every opportunity you still won't be worse than Seahawks posters.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I'd rather not join the SuperBowl losers club like some other teams in the division.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

To be fair, the Saints and Bucs are the only NFC teams that are undefeated in the Super Bowl.

AFC: Ravens, Jets.

It's an exclusive club.

Exactly. I want to keep that 100% SuperBowl win percentage.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I want a copy of this to hang right next to the one from the Saints win.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Also, I can't imagine a more painful way to lose a Super Bowl. Sorry to the Falcons fans here, you're pretty alright.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I mean, Joe-bags... I don't wish him or any of you any real harm.

But Fiz is a giant wet blanket, so I'm fine with him having some weird dietary concern forever.

I appreciate your measured response to provocation on the Internet.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

The one constant in the NFC South is that no one stays at the top for very long, so I expect the Falcons reign to be short lived, not for any specific football reasons, but because that's just the way it is.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Saints and Tampa bros just hanging out over here polishing our rings and shaking our heads sadly at those people ruining the neighborhood's good image.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Keep polishing that ring... until it falls off the dead hand of Drew Brees and you realize you don't even have a Quarterback anymore.

Saints are fuckin' just... the most Norman Bates of franchises.

Every quarterback dies, but not every quarterback truly lives...to win a Super Bowl for his team. For instance, Matt Ryan.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Is there any fire to the smoke about NOLA wide receiver infighting and asking for trades?

Cooks was openly complaining last year about not getting enough touches and New Orleans showed with Stills that they're more than willing to trade a talented wide receiver for off the field reasons, so I'd say it's probably true. As long as they get first round value for him I don't mind it. Finding wide receivers for Brees has been one thing the Saints haven't struggled with.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

A Pale Horse posted:

Now that John Ross is probably off the board by the time the Bucs pick comes around, I wouldn't mind trading that #19 pick for Cooks. But I doubt the Saints will deal him in division.

I'd take that in a second if I were in charge of the Saints.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah wtf is this guy

Good news, he played quarterback at LSU some, so when Cam gets his brain obliterated again by launching defenders you've got a backup!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

I don't understand what the saints are doing.

Trying to trade a more replaceable commodity (receivers that produce in New Orleans) for a less replaceable one (defensive players that produce in New Orleans).

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 11, 2017

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

They traded for a draft pick.

So there is no way to know if they are gonna get that.

Especially since it is the end round pick.

The draft pick has a better shot at being a good defensive player than Brandon Cooks.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Going by previous history of the Saints I don't think this is true.

Well, their previous history with finding wide receivers is about as good as their history of whiffing on defensive players is bad, so I guess it's a wash?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Saints.txt for the last 5 years.

Im pretty sure theyre just a money laundering organization right now.

Probably trying (poorly) to win football games. Just a guess.

It's like people forgot that they traded away Jimmy Graham two years ago and everyone had this same freakout and the offense still produced.

Receiver is the most replaceable position on the team and they need talent and depth at other places, especially for the post Brees years.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Why not, it's sure to be entertaining.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

What a weird thing to create a get-hype promotional image for.

"Desmond Truffaunt AGREED TO TERMS"
"Devonta Freeman SNAGGED THE GOOD PARKING SPOT"
"Vic Beasley WENT BACK FOR SECONDS".

These are just some of the things that went on at Falcons HQ today.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Ted Ginn is going to make an amazing catch to beat the Panthers and I'll forgive him for the other 70 he drops throughout the season.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000741689/Can-t-Miss-Play-Cam-zings-40-yard-TD-pass-to-Ted-Ginn-Jr

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

i think it's clear that the drew brees signing was completely a fluke for a bad team that does bad stupid things

Sorry, I can't hear you over this RINGING

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I know they worked him out, but what is a Duke Riley?

A linebacker. He's not the most physically talented guy but he has good instincts and was a key part of what was a drat good LSU defense. LSU has had a good history of putting solid, if unspectacular, into the NFL lately, so I think it's a good pickup at that spot.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

If the Saints have one of their random non-garbage defensive seasons that seem to come along every three or four years they could easily make a playoff run.

But I thing Tampa probably wins the division next year but has an early playoff exit. Then Mike Smith takes a head coaching job and they regress.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Lol, drat

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

sword_man.gif posted:

hey it's ok, at least you're not a fan of a team that did win a superbowl and then went on to multiple mediocre seasons, wasting the last good years of the best quarterback they've ever had

This may sound crazy, but winning a Super Bowl is way better than losing one. Like, way way better.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Oh woe is me, three years without a playoff appearance, however will we Saints fans deal with this unprecedented drought of success.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

zimbomonkey posted:

Yeah it was second third and fifth round kicker if I remember right

lol

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

BlindSite posted:

NFC South owns, all of our teams are hilariously flawed in some fashion, all of them are fun to watch and there's no way to tell which team is going to be poo poo, go 8-8 of have a shot at a ring.

I've got a pretty solid idea of which one is going 7-9.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

loving bucs

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

You arent hosed at all...you can count on 7 free beers this season. Enjoy!

No more, no less.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

It's gonna be Cam Newton again because there will be no repercussions for defenders trying to decapitate him.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

The line was hosed when Strief went down. They could have probably worked around Armstead being out by providing help on that side, but they couldn't help both sides against a pretty good Vikings front.

Despite being an awful game to watch it was still somehow winnable if they could have gotten anything at all going in the red zone.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

The only thing the Saints have a chance at this season is ruining some other NFCS teams playoff seeding and, hell, that's good enough.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Hey! Every year we think "This could be the year."

In 2009, we were finally right!

Why not 2017? Why not Zoidberg?

Mostly because that team looked good and this one looked bad in every phase Monday night.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Brees is probably going to poo poo house the back end but at least it's a good team for Cam to get his arm dialed in against.

He's not going to have time to throw, the way our line is playing.

This Saints team is just bad, pretty much top to bottom, unlike the previous decade when they've mostly just been bad on defense and special teams.

The offense as is cant score enough to win against even mediocre teams. I'd be shocked if this isn't Payton's last season, and probably Brees as well in that case.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

His dead money hit is bad next year if we don't resign him, but after that we're fine.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I didn't really expect it going into this season because I thought we'd see some incremental improvement, but the way it looks now I think everything gets blown up at the end of the year. Brees gone, coaching staff gone, Loomis gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Saints playing checkers while the rest of the division playing chess.

Sorry Saints goons, you don't deserve this.

Eh, we kinda do.

• Locked thread