Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
The only good feeling I could possibly get from this season is the schadenfreude of a Falcons loss, but that would entail a Patriots win. Sean Payton is Still the coach, they hired loving Tomsula, and Brees' prime has been frittered away in a parade of 7 - 9 years. gently caress this gay Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

ulmont posted:

Tomsula went to Washington.

oh thank god.

but they picked up Mike Nolan.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Morten Andersen is Hall of Famer.

drat well deserved.

bout loving time.

quote:

haha holy poo poo

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

it's not even the second half and it's looking like a sure thing for Atlanta. gently caress the Patriots so much

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Make Atlanta Burn Again

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

All that is missing is the ring.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Oh man, I sure do hope the Falcons end up with Chip.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I just no joke survived the tornado that hit the Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans. Here's some video of the aftermath: https://youtu.be/iTyfwGLNUkc

Since it was moving west to east, I can only assume it was the tornado of suck returning to Atlanta from Houston.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 7, 2017

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

me too!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

weird Asian candy posted:

How close to the dome is Michoud Assembly Facility? I'm guessing not close enough.

(glad you're safe)

If you want exact numbers, Google maps can tell you, but from the right location and on a clear day you can see the dome from MAF.

gently caress burned

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

And that's the difference between the Saints and Falcons fans.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Pershing posted:

Much as I despise the Saints, "dumbest team in the history of football" is juuuuusssttt a bit too strong.

They were really, really dumb in the 70s and first half of the 80s, and then again in the second half of the 90s. So much dumb.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Pershing posted:

We live in a world where the Browns exist is all im saying.

I get what you're saying, but the Saints really were that bad for a long time.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Lance Moore has retired. :smith:

He retired as a Saint. :unsmith:

Gonna miss me some Dance Moore.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

This is definitely in the 'beating a dead horse territory', but Dirty Coast (a NOLA t-shirt company) is raising money to erect a very mean-spirited billboard in Atlanta. I unironically rock some of their shirt designs on occasion. Their Jolly Satchmo design is baller, and they also sell a K&B shirt, and there's only a very small group of people on the planet who could possibly understand why that would be desirable.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

That Works posted:

I need to get one of the K&B shirts. I still have some bottles of K&B whisky and vodka floating around in storage somewhere.

WTB: 1 gallon bucket of K&B Neapolitan ice cream.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Same thing as last year. 7-9, 0-3 start, and people will get really mad at me for Catoposting.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Get an Adrian Peterson avatar, maybe the one from that Bleacher Report drawing.

Bloodied genitalia.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

When I go to the grocery store I'm going to need to make sure I get paper bags more often.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I didn't watch the Saints today, and I haven't looked into the game aftermath. I'm feeling pretty good about these decisions.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Spared yourself the heartache. You're a smarter man than I am.

if I'm so smart why did I watch the LSU game last night?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

big money big clit posted:

Well, at least you don't have to worry about that this week.

LOOK WHAT WE HAVE HERE

Silly Burrito posted:

Nick Fairley, but he turned out to have too much heart.

:drat:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I want the 3 different golds back.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I honestly believe Cam's aversion to needles is good for him in the long term. Hopefully he'll know when his body has had enough before it gets to the point where he's crippled himself on the field.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah, the patriots have the worst defense in the league. What is belichick gonna do against an offense that can't throw?

How can you honestly believe that when you play the Saints twice a year?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

This Pats D made Alex Smith look like the Sex Cannon.

The Saints have been doing poo poo like that for 6 years. They set the bar for doing poo poo like that.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Ikr? Shutouts are priceless...id kill for a Shutout!

I didn't watch, was Saints fed that good or Miami offense that bad or combo of both?

The Saints only scored 3 points in the first half, I'd say it was almost certainly a matter of the Saints sucking less to start, and then showing basic competency as the game went on.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

In other news the Saints no longer have the worst defense in the league, and it's not just because someone else dared to be worse.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Barudak posted:

Im a fairweather fan in the litera sense. If your team doesnt play in fairweather Im not watchig you live.

Technically, a clear summer day in Louisiana is fair weather, but it's too loving hot to go see Tulane play in their stadium in September.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I may be going out on a limb here, but I'm starting to think that the Saints might be a bit better than terrible.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

You tell me any scenario in which Brees wins another Super Bowl for the Saints, runs for Louisiana Political Office X and doesn't win.

one in which he retires to Texas, because we kill our football heroes in Louisiana.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

That score towel looks like the lowest possible quality sweatshop-tier garbage.

Get rid of the radio station logos and I still want it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Saints are number one. All others are number two or lower.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Saints have definitely been showing improvement as the season has developed. Granted, they haven't really posted a W on a good, healthy team, but it's amazing what winning will cure.

With that said, I'm not ditching this avatar until they post a win in January.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

ulmont posted:

If you can work up an image of a stylized saint / pirate / panther / falcon committing suicide in unison, I'll see what I can do.

Hey now, none of us are the Browns.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Drew didn't throw a touchdown today. Is he washed up?!!!??

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Atlanta will smite that bitch Jerruh Jones and his 'boys today.

I feel it in my buns.

That is literally the only opponent Atlanta can face that I will lend my meaningless support for.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

That Works posted:

Jason David, Brandon Browner and...

Browner was worse than David. David would just completely fail to cover his man. Browner was good for multiple 15 yard/spot of foul penalties per game, in addition to being completely unable to cover his man.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

So are you still in cautious optimism mode? I was listening to the radio last night and I forget who but some "NFL Expert" was saying New Orleans may be the best team in the league right now top to bottom and I almost threw up.

I am now convinced that the Saints are playing in January this season, and if you'll recall, I was calling for Sean Payton's job as recently as week 2 of this season. Are they going to win a Super Bowl? Almost certainly not, but I do believe that they should have 1 W in them in the post-season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I'm still waiting for January.

• Locked thread