Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I miss the Harbaugh bad lip readings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Of course he didn't: guys a nerd; he did the calculations and determined that the most efficient outcome would be to retain his staff.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Don't forget the Cleveland Indians.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Doesn't necessarily mean Hauschka is gone. He's still got some years left (as far as kickers go) and is one of the better kickers in the league.
There was an increase in missed FGs and PATs all around this season, not just in Seattle.
Main reason I see him leaving is money.
E: which sucks. He's the beep boop calculating trajectory kicker while Ryan is a goofy Canadian punter that makes funny faces and laughs at himself.

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 14, 2017

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Tom Cable will create a golem, using the old magics, for his latest OL experiment. It will crumble into balls of clay upon being contacted on the first play of the home opener. Wilson's leg will shatter into a thousand pieces. Boykin will be upgraded to starter.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Krycek posted:

Gary Gilliam will turn out to be really good, he just needs more time under the zen master Tom Cable.

He'll be good for the second half of the season then get traded to another team or released, allowing Tom to start the cycle anew.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
RIP Russell Wilson. The thought of Thomas playing RB is... odd? I love seeing his enthusiasm after running all the way across the field to take someone out.

Chichevache posted:

There's no more Jeff Fisher magic.

As was demonstrated in the TNF game.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Hawks will still poo poo the bed against the Cardinals.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Shead's been hit or miss, but also had a tough run considering he's opposite the field of Sherman.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Vhak lord of hate posted:

The only official Hauschka jersey they ever sold was a women's one. They know who the team dreamboats are. Probably a good thing too or else I would have bought one and then thrown it in my cursed jersey pile with my Harvin one.

Seriously. The only people I know with Hauschka jerseys are may fiance and two other female friends.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Keith Atherton posted:

I don't think Lacy is a Phinney Ridge type of guy

What about Queen Anne or Magnolia? Can't forget the location across from QFC at Interbay.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
https://twitter.com/49ers/status/840370968631660544

It's not really breaking at this point, but meh.

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 11, 2017

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Chichevache posted:

Large-shawn.

Feast-mode is still my favorite.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Rachel Belle did a news piece on both teriyaki and pho (separately) for KIRO and it's kind of crazy how far back it goes at how the restaurants got started on the west coast and spread from there. Much like the Seattle dog, the origins of the original are disputed.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Has anyone other than Lombardi said that the Seahawks are open to trading Sherman? Even then, it's just a rumor that they're willing to trade him if there's a good offer, not that they're looking to trade him.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Keith Atherton posted:

Seahawks have one more year of the current success and then we are falling back into Mariners-type just miss the wild card.

You say you that, but look at the division they're in.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

African AIDS cum posted:

Seahawks need an OLB who can cover a fuckin tight end

Anyone know of a golf caddy that's quick on their feet?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
drat self driving Teslas.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
They were both "angry" at first but then, I think, Wagner said "we'll just find new ways to be innovative."

The ban had unanimous support from coaches and the player's union.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

We hired 2015 Pete Carroll?

You have an odd way of spelling Darrell Bevell.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Didn't they already do that in 2013?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

shirts and skins posted:

Aw but he had fun

We're talking about an NFL linebacker, not your four year old.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The gently caress is this?

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/football/article/Seahawks-unveil-strange-new-logo-12175465.php

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'd slap a decal of that shoe on the my car.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Schwack posted:

I got it tatted on my tip. I am very cool.

Too bad you'll blow it in the final seconds.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The Rams will still somehow go 9-7.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Learn via YouTube videos. Can't be any worse.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Leperflesh posted:

Seahawk fans being butthurt about the officiating never stops being hilarious

Like it's basically part of the 'hawk's gameplan to test the refs every game, find out where this crew is drawing the pass interference and holding line, and then try to skirt it as close as possible. All the theater about how greviously unfair the calls are is part of the psychological war against the refs that the team engages in.

It's brilliant, but the fans buy into it. Of course the refs constantly miss calls - that's the nature of NFL refereeing. The seattle seahawks get more flags on average because they're exploiting this to the maximum.

If the rest of the NFL got as good as Seattle at working the refs, things would even out in terms of which teams get the most flags: but also there'd be more flags overall, and constant penalties make a game awful to watch, so that's not a good solution.

If there's a conspiracy (and I don't believe there is one, or someone would have blabbed by now) then it's a reasonable reaction by the officials to hawks' multi-year habit of pressing the limit as much as possible: flag them more so they'll back off. I don't think it's working.

There's no grand conspiracy, and I'll blame the team before the refs 99% of the time, but you have to admit the two flags on that turnover where completed bullshit. People would probably debate the noncall on the DPI against Graham in the end zone.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Right, this is the year that the OL will start to ~~magically~~ do better because numbers! Cherry picking sack and QB hit stats nothing. This guy is completely ignoring how almost every play was broken up instantly and Wilson was scrambling half the game.
They didn't do better near the end of the season last year because they became all experienced and woke- RW wasn't hobbled anymore and could scramble out of more situations.
They're going to look half competent the next few weeks because they're playing against bad or mediocre teams, and people will think "oh, things are fine!"

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Didn't the rams start 3-1 last year?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
If you don't respect the flag or are troops then you you don't get to be in the hall.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Atlanta in Seattle is MNF, and the Seahawks tend to play better during prime time. That's also the week after they're TNF, so they get even more days of rest.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I find cautious optimism beforehand and consistent pessimism during the game to be pretty solid.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Bubba Smith posted:

Nah Seahawks always do really well in Arizona. Instead of the usual 30+ point blowout it'll probably be an ugly 17 point victory.

Dost thou forget the 6-6 tie last year?
A worse kicker the Seahawks have this time
More mis'd field goals are nigh, I am afeared

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It won't be Stanton beating Seattle so much as them getting 200 yards in penalties and Wilson throwing more "gently caress this bullshit" interceptions because he keeps getting sacked or pressured on a three man rush.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Zerilan posted:

Concussion protocol for Wilson is making sure he remembers the name and slogan of every brand sponsor.

*walks into tent*

"Go hawks."

*walks out*

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Spoeank posted:

a pre-emptive congratulations to the los angeles rams for running away with the division

I'm going to laugh my rear end off if LA and SEA end up with even records and the Seahawks win both games against the Rams. I mean, it won't happen, but I'd laugh my rear end off.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
That's not important- did Gabbert kneel??

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I was listening to the Jags game on the radio last week and the announcers kept going on about how smart a QB Bortles was for throwing the ball away or at receiver's feet rather than trying to force anything.
"It won't show up in the stats, but Blake is playing very smart this game."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000112329/Moss-24-yard-TD-catch

• Locked thread