Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Chichevache posted:

Niners, I used to loathe you but I have been entirely consumed by hatred for York. Almost every fiber of being in me burns for his humiliation, what remains is a cool sense of pity for your situation. Good luck.

God, how have we offended you that I'm getting sympathy from Chiche ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

hifi posted:

an older guy that knows what to do is probably a good idea at safety with the raw guys they have at CB excepting peterson. i don't really want bethea/branch to be the starting safety tandem though so we'll see

Normally I'd hate to see a guy as good as Bethea go to another team in the division, but since he'll be retired before we're competitive again I say let him help Palmer/Fitz get their rings.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Haha. I was thinking maybe they'd go QB for that last pick but...that is not the QB I was expecting to hear.

On the strength of their defensive picks, I'm going to adopt a 'wait and see" approach to this one, Beathard might pan out. It's only their fourth pick.

It's no joke that they're at least a year away from being good enough to start a rookie QB and give him any chance of success. They'll start a free agent this season, probably next. I'm expecting to see WRs and TEs drafted in the next few rounds, whoever is starting will need weapons.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Bait and Swatch posted:

I'd be okay with this. I am at peace with our badness

If that's 4 wins with flashes of brilliance (Carlooooooooooos !!!) I'll be ecstatic.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Coldforge posted:

Outside of durability, no. He's a career backup. They're going to sign Cousins/Garoppolo or draft Rosen/Jackson, and Beathard will be the guy who helps out in the QB room and listens in on the headset for the next three years.

Yeah, Hoyer isn't a long-term solution for a playoff run, but in this 0-5 season I can't blame him alone for the losses. Drops and penalties by the offense are the problem. We need a veteran in to run an offense that is all new and still learning. it's not the kind of situation I'd want to drop a rookie into. Some have thrived in that kind of situation, but on the whole... don't break the kid. I like the promise in this scheme, next year with a better WR corps and a better QB we'll have a real chance of success.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBG-XEjDrS8

Look at the technique on that catch. Just loving look at it. Every player who has a chance at catching the ball ever; WR, RB, TE, CB, LB, SS needs to master looking the ball into their hands, you'll be hard pressed to find a better example. Goodbye NaVorro, you'll always be a Niner in our hearts.

I don't know what Matt Ryan is thinking snapping the ball right there. He has a safety lined up with a free shot at him. If he doesn't have a time out left, then he should audible to something where he rolls right. Suicide.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I always thought Sherman was great and the NFL was better for him playing

Even as a 49er fan I have to agree.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Spoeank posted:

The current iteration of the 49ers would get owned by everyone in the world

Except Eli lmao

And whoever the Bears put up next week.

That was a really nice TD play by Jimmy G. He showed great vision of the field and knew where his receivers would be. Put me down for 'cautiously optimistic'.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Benny the Snake posted:

Truth, Justice, and the Niners Way

Go with this one.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Coldforge posted:

JFC, watching this on broadcast, I had no idea Foster did this:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/940416481153732610

:vince:

That poor O-lineman is going to be hearing about that for years.

Plays like that in late-season, garbage-time wins are worth giving up the draft position. He's coming back next season knowing that the system works and wins games.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Niners are probably losing the next two, unless the Rams are resting a lot of people week 17, but I'm gonna go ahead now and say we're baaaaaaack.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Vhak lord of hate posted:

theres more people in that video than there are at any 49ers home game

Today looked pretty full :-)

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Extrapolating Jimmy G's 5 starts so far, they will go 16-0

they're losing the next 2 unless the rams are resting week 17

Yeah. I'm just hoping to make the Jags work for it.

Give us those 5 really close games and the Niners are 9-5 right now. Next year is gonna be sweet.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Coldforge posted:

Has she seen him play the game of football? There could be some confusion due to lack of context.

He's a pretty boy on the sidelines or in front of a camera, but with helmet on, he's sex on wheels on the field.

I don't think OP's wife "gets" football.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Coldforge posted:

49ers finish high as gently caress, Seahawks are out of the playoffs, Raiders completely flop...what a beautiful end to the NFL regular season.

I was hoping for 5 wins and some bright spots on the roster. I would have been ecstatic to get that. Now I'm just plain hype as gently caress for next season.

:getin:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Coldforge posted:

He's amazing when he takes over a series, but honestly Brieda has done better this year, by the numbers. Hyde'll make some team very happy, and hopefully get the 49ers a nice compensatory pick next year.

I'm sentimental about Hyde because he's been the only bright spot on the offense for a couple of years. Brieda is the way forward though, kid can catch, run, and block.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

SourKraut posted:

Maybe trade him to... ugh... the Patriots... so he gets one last shot at a ring?

The Niners can both afford him and get good use out of him.

:getin:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Coldforge posted:

Greg Roman for next Seattle OC.

It would funny as hell from a Niners perspective, but I don't want that SOB to work again; not in the NFL, not as a Walmart greeter.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Papercut posted:

Niners need a #1 receiver, but aside from that their biggest needs are secondary and pass rush, in my opinion. Which is weird since they've invested so many picks into defense the last few years (thanks Baalke).

I like the young talent we've put in the secondary. Some of those guys are going to turn out to be very good. We're getting some back from injury as well.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Bye Foster.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah Kaep asked to be released from his contract, and the niners complied. They didn't cut him.

Turns out the mistake was not putting Smith back in when he recovered.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Unless we jettison Earl (which signals a full rebuild), then I think the team will still be better than that imploded 49er team.

That covers 2016-2017 and two thirds. See you in Seattle in 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Got brain troubles? Try nanobubbles!

• Locked thread