Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

No way jose, Rams have way more talent than the niners.

And hell, Cards and Seahawks are one decent draft + good health from being clearly ahead of them as well.

When your team is a loser for 14 years you have a lot of concerns. The Rams need to continue to build (which I think they will). We'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I would be okay if the Rams spent the offseason getting Aaron Donald, LaMarcus Joyner and Trumaine Johnson under long-term contracts and got Watkins to take a team-friendly 2-3 year deal. They just really need to improve their backups right now, their depth is absolute poo poo.

Agreed about the signings. I don't think all of their depth is bad, but, yeah, they need to shore up some depth, especially in the secondary.

Oh gosh, yes!!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Cassel had one good year in Kansas City and then Charlie Weis left as offensive coordinator and it all went to poo poo

I loved the shirts people were wearing at State College when PSU was playing Notre Dame in 2006 that said "Charlie Weis is fat." PSU fans really couldn't say more than that as they got blown out that day.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
When is the last time a kicker going on IR has made so much noise with a team potentially advancing to the playoffs? Zuerlein, who could have ended up being the leading scorer in the league this year, to Sam Ficken who has never kicked in an NFL game.

I watched Ficken's freshman year at PSU, and oh boy... Now he did regroup and got better in college, but if he couldn't hold an NFL roster spot in three years, what's that say? :ohdear:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

tk posted:

The 2006 game was in South Bend. The State College edition was 2007 and Penn State won.

This is an important correction.

You are correct. Thanks. I don't know how I bungled that. :saddowns:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Hopefully losing Zuerlein makes McVay a little more aware of his Pass-Pass-Pass playcalls that stall drives. They’ve kept Gurley light on touches and fresh all year, now is the time to let him free.

Again, :agreed:.

DariusLikewise posted:

I’m sure Jeff Fisher had some influence on the Rams roster but it’s Les Snead that built this team and you couldn’t convince me otherwise.

This is 100% true. Fisher doesn't know anything about staffing an NFL team in the current landscape.

gently caress Jeff Fisher.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams are the champs!!!

loving crazy!

:toot:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Schwack posted:

T
R
A
D
E

R
U
S
S
E
L
L

W
I
L
S
O
N

Seahawks twitter is hilarious when they lose oh my goodness.

Wow! Social media can be poison. Although, I guess also highly entertaining.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Nick Rivers posted:

*puts on Jim Everett jersey*

seriously though I have a Jim Everett jersey, it rules

You are obviously cool and good.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

All NFC West fans must cheer for the Rams in the playoffs tia

I promote this post with two thumbs up.

Here they are:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams UFAs

Trumaine Johnson - Please re-sign
Sammy Watkins - If he'll take less than market value, would like to see him with a full offseason
Connor Barwin - Meh, maybe on another 1 year deal
Dominique Easley - Probably done for career
Lance Dunbar - meh
Cody Davis - meh
LaMarcus Joyner - please re-sign
John Sullivan - good stop gap, keep him on the team until we get a younger replacement or he blows up
Derek Carrier - meh
Jake McQuaide - long snapper please re-sign
Nickell Robey-Coleman - please re-sign
Tyrunn Walker - yes please
Cornelius Lucas - who the gently caress is this
Isaiah Johnson - ""

I agree with this list except I'd like them to keep Cody Davis, but for a good price. It's a shame about Dominique Easley.

I thought I knew the roster pretty well, but Cornelius Lucas stymied me, too (he started Sunday).

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Cody Davis is a decent backup, shame he was out for most of the year. Easley could still come back, but he's torn his ACLs 4 times now though? I thought Wade Phillips could make him a pretty good 3-4.

I still thought Andrew Donnal and Cody Wichmann were on the roster for reserve offensive linemen.

I'd love to see Easley come back, but that's a lot of blown up knees to come back from.

Wichmann didn't make the final 53, and Donnal was cut when they activated Dunbar.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

:hfive: Rams fans.

:hfive:

EmbryoSteve posted:

If Earl wants out then I think now is the time to sell. I will take cowboys 1st and 2nd and 4th this year and 1st and 3rd next year.

:what:

Coldforge posted:

This list of young UFA WRs makes me very happy:

Sammy Watkins
Allen Robinson
Donte Moncrief
Jordan Matthews
Jarvis Landry
Marqise Lee
Jaron Brown

I'd love if the Rams could get Robinson if they don't re-sign Sammy.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
No shoulda, coulda, woulda from me. It's obvious the falcons followed the same defensive scheme the vikings used against the Rams earlier this season. Kudos on them for doing that.

Pharoh Cooper and Blake Countess should be holding their collective heads in shame until OTA's.

McVay was out-coached, and I think he over-thought his game plan. Again, though, the falcons were better prepared, and better coached.

At the end of the day, I figure (and hope), that this bodes well for the Rams. I assume McVay will learn from his mistakes, and come out as a better coach (not that he's a bad coach, just that he still has some learning to do [which he'd say, as well]).

Their biggest challenge to the NFC West title next year is the niners. It's gonna be tough.

This season far exceeded what any Ram fan hoped for, so I'm happy for that. On to 2018!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Rams current free agent tracker:

code:
Trumaine Johnson	CB	28	LA	TBD	$16,742,400	UFA	-
Sammy Watkins	WR	24	LA	TBD	$4,983,901	UFA	-
Connor Barwin	OLB	31	LA	TBD	$3,500,000	UFA	-
Dominique Easley	DT	25	LA	TBD	$1,797,000	UFA	-
Lance Dunbar	RB	27	LA	TBD	$1,500,000	UFA	-
Cody Davis	FS	28	LA	TBD	$1,458,333	UFA	-
LaMarcus Joyner	FS	27	LA	TBD	$1,257,545	UFA	-
John Sullivan	C	32	LA	TBD	$999,999	UFA	-
Derek Carrier	TE	27	LA	TBD	$995,000	UFA	-
Jake McQuaide	LS	30	LA	TBD	$861,250	UFA	-
Nickell Robey-Coleman	CB	25	LA	TBD	$855,000	UFA	-
Tyrunn Walker	DT	27	LA	TBD	$775,000	UFA	-
Cornelius Lucas	RT	26	LA	TBD	$690,000	UFA	-
Isaiah Johnson	FS	25	LA	TBD	$660,000	UFA	-
To me, the MUST signs are:

Trumaine Johnson
LaMarcus Joyner
John Sullivan
Jake McQuaide
Nickell Robey-Coleman

Of course they HAVE to sign Aaron Donald. I'm hoping they sign him in the next day or two.

I would also like to keep Cody Davis, Sammy Watkins (if they can't get Allen Robinson), Conner Barwin, and Dominique Easley (only if recovered from injury). I liked what Tyrunn Walker did for us this year, but he can be replaced.

Talk to me Darius, tell me where I'm wrong or right. ;)

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

...but only because I want them to cut/trade Tavon...

Yeah, I gotta imagine that Tavon is gone.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

quote:

Rams GM Les Snead spoke to the media for 40 minutes today. Some takeaways: The situation with CB Trumaine Johnson is fascinating. Snead said he can "definitely" see a scenario where he's back, and so can I, especially with Kayvon Webster recovering from a torn Achilles and no real depth behind him. They'll have to pay him like a top corner. ... If anything has changed with Aaron Donald's situation, he isn't saying. But Donald can't hold out as long as he did last year because he would delay his free agency by a year. ... Snead credited WR/RB Tavon Austin with the way he handled a limited role. Snead wouldn't say it, but it's hard to see him coming back. ... Still expect S Lamarcus Joyner to get an extension and WR Sammy Watkins to get tagged. ... If you bring back Johnson, Joyner and Watkins, and you extend Donald, then you get to a point where you think the Rams may have to consider cutting ties with OLB Robert Quinn and/or ILB Mark Barron, because the savings is significant.

Alden Gonzalez, ESPN Staff Writer

I'd like to keep Barron if possible and if he fits into Wade's scheme.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I don’t think Barron is going anywhere, there’s just speculation because the front loaded part of his contract is now done and the Rams can cut him with almost no penalty. He fits well at MLB and I think he could probably excel on the strong side where Barwin played this year.

And there's my answer. I'm not much of a cap/contract guy. Thanks.

Saw this comment stupidity in regards to Aaron Donald's contract:

quote:

Team honestly doesn't need him. Defense will definitley suffer from him not being there, but unlike last year, the offense is MORE than capabale enough to be able to carry them and put up enough points to win shootouts. If they give him top tier defensive player money like von miller's $19,000,000, they'll be in cap hell for the next 5 years and it will complterly restrict their ability to add good free agents and resign other players. Honestly just trade him or let him go, Sean McVay has made this team be able to survive without him. He's no longer the best or most important player on that team, and it would be toooooo much money to resign him. Great player, but not needed by this team.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

aaron donald might literally be the best player in the nfl lmao what a dumb dumb

I didn't pain myself to read any replies after that post. Just dumb.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

The Rams could probably afford to pay Donald if they didn't give Tavon Austin a Scrooge money vault to do literally nothing on the field

Like I said earlier, I don't know anything about contracts/cap, but I don't think getting rid of Tavon would hurt the Rams cap-wise.

I think Tavon needs to go to a more simplistic offensive scheme to flourish. He's got a lot of talent, but I don't think he has a lot of "above the neck" capabilities. That sounds lovely, but I believe that's the issue.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I bet that Tavon Austin will get traded to the Browns for a 6th round pick this offseason. Rams don’t owe him anything if they can trade him.

The Rams need to move on from Tavon, but give the guy a chance anywhere but there. I'd wager he's definitely sent to an AFC team, though.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Alright, so this is a long shot, but there is some optimism.

Here's where Schotty was as an NFL OC

St. Louis Rams (2012–2014)

As weird as it seems, these three years when Schotty was OC for the Rams were the best three years, production-wise, than anytime between 2007 and 2016 for the Rams.

Not an endorsement by any means. just pointing out something I found interesting.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Johnny Hekker interviews Doug Baldwin.

http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Hekker-Interviews-Current-Future-Pro-Bowlers/d5d440c4-7953-4c91-ba6f-ce89372cdd32

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I want the Rams to still re-sign Trumaine Johnson somehow and form one of the best CB duos in the league.

PFF posted:

Johnson was beaten for 759 yards during the 2017 regular season (fourth-most yards allowed among cornerbacks) and for another 79 in the playoffs.

Bye bye Tru. I like him, but those numbers show he's not worth the money he'll command.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

gently caress the rams

U mad bro? :q:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I thought this offseason was going to be hosed even though they have 40m in cap space, but the Marcus Peters trade was a godsend.

Now it's at 55 million since the Robert Quinn "trade."

It'll be even a little higher once they cut Tavon. He's gotta know he's finished in L.A.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

The Rams are a good football team

Yerp, and getting better by the day. Crazy.

Maybe. I know the Rams want to keep Watkins, or so they say, but once he hits the FA market his price is going to go way up due to the minimal amount of talent of WR's in FA, and the draft being weak in WR's this year. I know that the Rams brought in Washington Huskies WR Dante Pettis (Austin Pettis's cousin) for a visit today, but who know what that means.

A secondary of Larmarcus Joyner, John Johnson, Marcus Peters, and Aqib Talib, and Nickell Robey-Coleman/Kayvon Webster (if he comes back from injury) is CRAZY.

This Sean McVay character is unbelievable.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

Sports fandom all lives by the quote, "he may be a son of a bitch, but he's our son of a bitch."

This is correct information.

Although I can't see myself being all hugs and kisses with Talib. He's very good at what he does, and I'll cheer for him when he makes plays, but ehhh. . . I'm not buying his Jersey is what I'm saying.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

Today we signed something called "Tom Johnson" :geno:

The Rams just signed someone named Ramik Wilson. I never heard of him, but he's an ILB (which they need) from KC. I'm not a talent evaluator, so the Rams must believe this guy will work in Wade's system.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Play posted:

Brandin Cooks to the Rams. OBJ dream dead and I'm glad

:agreed:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Cooks is a bit faster, a little bit shorter, but has been more productive in his career. Cooks is also not in some insane cult so there's that.

I don't think they were trying to upgrade over Watkins rather just replace him.

Plus Cooks has the benefit of familiarity working out with Goff in the past. He's already ahead of the curve Watkins never had.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

I actually used to do that years ago, albeit not that fast, and I used a dart.

Also, the knives Donald worked with were rubber.

http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Aaron-Donald-Explains-His-Workout-Knives/49dd813a-8966-4535-ba3a-387e4b825a8b

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

I didn't know that.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benny the Snake posted:

Schedule's out.

Why the gently caress are we facing the Packers for the upteenth time? We're not even division rivals! :rant:

Rams: http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2018/REG/RAMS

The Rams stay on the west coast for six of their first seven games. Their furthest they travel in the first eight weeks are to Denver and Green Bay until week nine when they go to New Orleans, which is the furthest they travel this year. MUCH less travel than the last two years.

Five prime time games (three away, two at home). :ohdear:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I like the Rams' first pick in the draft. Taking Joe Noteboom was a smart choice.

Snead and McVay break it down.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

GOOD BYE TAVON

Finally!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams draft A+: Got rid of Tavon Austin

:agreed:

However, watch the day three draft post press conference with Snead and McCvay. They're pretty emotional about trading Tavon. They praise him as a person and as a relentless worker.

Meanwhile, UDFA signed by the Rams as of 3:00 AM, EST:

Indiana LB Tegray Scales
Oklahoma S Steven Parker
Illinois State DT Dalton Keene
Weber State DT McKay Murphy
Southeastern Oklahoma State TE Codey McElroy
Colorado S Afolabi Laguda
Louisville S Chucky Williams
USC WR Steven Mitchell

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Meanwhile, UDFA signed by the Rams as of 3:00 AM, EST:

Indiana LB Tegray Scales
Oklahoma S Steven Parker
Illinois State DT Dalton Keene
Weber State DT McKay Murphy
Southeastern Oklahoma State TE Codey McElroy
Colorado S Afolabi Laguda
Louisville S Chucky Williams
USC WR Steven Mitchell

Here's the rest of the Rams UDFA signings:

Ricky Jeune, WR, Georgia Tech
Codey McElroy, TE, Oklahoma State
LaQuvionte Gonzalez, WR, Southeastern University/Kansas
Check this guys story out. It's crazy: Luis Perez, QB Texas A&M Commerce (Mini camp invitee)

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I honestly wonder what could have if Austin was drafted last year and instead of coming in with massively high expectations, poo poo coaching and being the only offensive option on the team, he was instead drafted last year, had great coaching and didn't have to be the only guy.

Good point. Things may have been different for him.

DariusLikewise posted:

I like Scales and Perez the best out of all UDFA guys. I don't think they will carry 3 QBs, but Perez can probably make it on the PS for awhile.

I agree with you on Scales and Perez.

There's no reason Perez shouldn't be on the practice squad unless he's complete garbage.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Fact: The rest of the NFCW will sweep the Rams. They will end with a 10-6 record, but lose the NFCW to the mighty Seattle Seahawks, who will also be 10-6.

:okpos:

Coldforge posted:

How are the Seahawks playing the Browns and Bills five times each in a single season?

:thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Papercut posted:

They hired Brian Schottenheimer and Ken Norton Jr as their coordinators.

Yep, a gosh darned nightmare!

• Locked thread