Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I’ve enjoyed the Rams season so far up to the bye, now they have a murderous schedule going forward so welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Maybe not team-wise so much, but the Rams just went through a murderous traveling road trip and came out of it 2-0.

I'll miss them not having a game next week, but the bye is much needed before they fly out east again to play the giants.

5-2. :stare:

That's true, I thought for sure they would come away from the last three games with maybe one win and they got 2 out of 3. They have the Texans, @Vikings, Saints, Eagles and @Seahawks over their last 9 games who are all clearly ticking up, so hopefully they continue to win the games they are supposed to and get 2 more wins out of that group?

The defense/special teams really look like they are coming together after a rough start. Since the second half of the Dallas game they've allowed only 39 points in 14 quarters and scored 2 TDs on special teams.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I only caught a bit of the Seahawks-Texans game, but the Seahawks will go as far as Russell-Wilson-Bullshit will get them. All the plays I saw he was escaping 4 pass-rushers while launching perfect passes downfield.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

This is the new title reference yes?

:effort:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Why? Why trade for Jimmy G? what the gently caress

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

We're number one we're number one!!!!!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

also wtf is up with our division

Jeff Fisher got fired

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The NFC is way too close at this point to say for sure if anyone is making the playoffs for sure, other than probably the Eagles

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I think the Seahawks will run the table on the rest of their home games, including the Rams

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I repeat this sentence to myself over and over multiple times a day. It's still glorious.

It was the best birthday present this team could have given to me

HOU @ LA
LA @ MIN
NO @ LA
LA @ ARI
PHI @ LA
LA @ SEA
LA @ TEN
SF @ LA

I think the hardest remaining games are NO, PHI and @SEA. Minnesota reminds me of Jacksonville except with a worse QB and I think the Rams match up against the Titans well.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

You will beat New Orleans because the Saints are having a good season and it’s the Rams job to make sure they pick up an extra loss that keeps them from a much better playoff position.

I hope so, that will upgrade my opinion from "The Rams are really good at beating up on lovely teams and that's fun" to "Rams might be legitimate contenders and I am excited for the playoffs"

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Sorry about your Richard Sherman Seahawks fans

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Wasn't Sherman a 5th-round pick? I don't think getting a top 10 CB in the 5th round is going to happen again

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

rjmccall posted:

I think Darius's point was that the Seahawks won't be able to duplicate the value they got from Sherman's pick without getting lucky, not that there will never again be a 5th-round pick worth a drat.

A huge part of why the Seahawks got so good so fast is that they hit on a bunch of mid/late-round draft picks several years in a row, so for awhile there all their stars were not just on rookie contracts but on especially cheap rookie contracts.

Yeah this was my point, the Seahawks have done amazingly with late-round picks in the last 5 years, but there's no way you're getting a shutdown corner in the mold of Sherman just like that. They may have to shift their strategy away from super tall, physical corners if they are looking to succeed Sherman coming up.

I haven't been to this thread since Saturday, so I'm quoting this without reading the rest of the thread yet, but yeah, this is me exactly.

I've been trying not to get too excited over their play so far because the last time I did that was in 2003 and that was the year they lost to the 5-11 Lions on the last game of the season to drop from the No.1 to No.2 seed and then lost to the Carolina Panther on the first play of double overtime to get knocked out of the playoffs.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

What's Matt Leinhart doing nowadays

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I've been to 2 NFL games, but never to an actual Rams game. My excuse is I don't live in the States.

I did get to watch Tim Tebow slowly loft passes to comeback and beat the Vikings.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You guys should just line up Tyler Lockett in the back field and run option runs with him and RW, I would watch that.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Fun fact I just found out, Jon Ryan is the brother-in-law of the leader of Canada's Conservative Party

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Jared Goff owns

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Rams are good again

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Sorry too busy worrying about Blaine Gabbert burning the Rams for 4 TDs this weekend

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Never want to see the Seahawks win, but the Rams are in play for the number 2 seed now so thanks

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Its Rinaldo posted:

Yo best watch out for division friendo!

If the Rams beat the Seahawks in Week 15 and win the division they will be in the number 2 seed probably. It will all come down to beating the Seahawks in Seattle.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Its Rinaldo posted:

for Russ to poop on!

He's going to be dropping a big fat 0 on the scoreboard in 2 weeks

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

:smithicide:

There’s a good chance the Rams get knocked out of 1st this week so I’m trying to enjoy being good for once

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I didn't watch the Seattle-Eagles game on Sunday, but based on the Box Score I assume the difference-maker was Seattle was able to pressure Wentz and force an INT and 2 Fumbles to keep the Eagles from scoring. The Rams aren't quite on Seattles level defensively, but Ogletree is supposed to play and Aaron Donald is Aaron Donald so hopefully they can do some of the same stuff to keep it from being a complete shootout.

Manoueverable posted:

I would definitely caution against assuming we're going to beat the Jags

Seattles Run D is going to stuff Fournette and force Blake Bortles to try and win the game with passing and lol

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I will be watching the game with some friends from my old city who don't care about football, but know the Rams have sucked for years and always made fun of me for it.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

gently caress he makes that suit look good

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Rams will be without 1 starting corner against the Seahawks, Kayvon Webster ruptured his Achilles. Trumaine Johnson is in the concussion protocol as well so he's probably out next week too.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Peachfart posted:

If the Seahawks beat the Rams we can win the division, and then immediately bounce out of the playoffs when it turns out that Russell Wilson can't carry the entire team on his back.

You could flip the teams and replace Russell Wilson with Todd Gurley and this statement would still be 100% true

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Coldforge posted:

Nah, Gurley's 6'1". He could carry most of his team without a problem.

:discourse:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Happy one year anniversary of Jeff Fisher getting fired!!!!!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Elizabeth Mills posted:

I thought this was observed on August 8th? :confused:

:drat:

It took me all morning to get this

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I’m glad I held off looking at the score all day so I could come home and watch that game on the PVR. One and in.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Schwack posted:

They'll just have to pick who they're going to build around. Bobby and Earl are the most obvious picks. Age has caught up to a lot of guys and they can't play to their contracts. The natural life cycle of a football team.

This was going to happen to you guys eventually, you drafted a bunch of star players in a short period and got a ton of mileage out of rookie contracts. I don't think the last 2-3 years have be good draft wise so now you have a bunch of aging stars that want money and you can't build a team around 6-7 guys taking up 50% of your cap. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Seahawks let the defense burn down this offseason, try and build the offensive line in Free Agency a bit and hope to strike good on some fresh defenders in the draft.

I was still worried until the 4th quarter. It'st crazy they don't have a playoff spot wrapped up yet. NFC is so competitive this year.

Yeah Goff didn't look great at all yesterday, I stopped worrying around the middle of the third quarter. Wade Phillips had the defense fired up for this game and they play like that going forward they can deep into the playoffs. I can't believe it's been 13 years since the Rams played an actual playoff game.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Jesus you guys aren't that hosed. The Seahawks are 18 million under the cap for 2018 right now with a long list of free agents, but I think letting Graham and Sheldon Richardson walk are probably good moves. You're looking at another 8.4m for Wagner, 11m for Sherman, 8.5m for Thomas, or 7.5m for Avril if you cut any of those guys. If they work on shifting big dollars away from the defense and invest back in the offense to help RW it would turn around fast.

2017: 64m in offense, 93m in defense
2018: 63m in offense, 89m in defense

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

San Francisco 49ers will be the NFC West Champs in 2018

Seahawks are going to blow it up and fire everyone
Rams will regress horribly
Cardinals won't make it to the game after bingo runs late in the care home

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Niners have more cap space than every other team in the division combined and a full draft stock, they could conceivably turn it around in a year

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

When your team is a loser for 14 years you have a lot of concerns. The Rams need to continue to build (which I think they will). We'll see.

I would be okay if the Rams spent the offseason getting Aaron Donald, LaMarcus Joyner and Trumaine Johnson under long-term contracts and got Watkins to take a team-friendly 2-3 year deal. They just really need to improve their backups right now, their depth is absolute poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Benny the Snake posted:

So if we're gonna open the door on regime change, who'd be an ideal replacement for Carroll? I'm thinking someone enthusiastic and successful coaching college ball like he was at USC.

Jeff Fisher

• Locked thread