Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Tre Mason has re-emerged in Saskatchewan, along with Zac Stacey for some reason. Canada loves below-average former Rams running backs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Jared Goff owns

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I love Brian Schottenheimer as the OC of the Seahawks lol

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/975941537619107840

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

The Seahawks are fine.

If you repeat a lie enough you might convince yourself it's the truth

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

If I was a member of the Seahawks I would hold out forever

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The Seahawks aren't really any worse off on offense, letting Paul Richardson walk was dumb, but the running back situation is better maybe? The defense is going to get way worse if Thomas walks. The issue is Pete Carroll made two really loving stupid coordinator hires.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I think Brandin Cooks will have a better year the Rams this year than Sammy Watkins did last year just because Cooks and Goff will have the entirety of the offseason to work together.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Benny the Snake posted:

Lord, I don't ask for much, but if the Seahawks should collapse please have Jimmy G do so too :pray:

I wish for both these things as well

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Kalli posted:

Won't ya'll feel silly when the Rams do too and Josh Rosen SAM BRADFORD turns out to be the truth and ushers in 15 years of Arizona dominance.

FTFY

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

EmbryoSteve posted:

lmao seattle is not tanking. They went 9-7 last year with a single TD from running backs and with spending half the season with some of their best defensive players on IR. As long as they have RWBS and Bobby Wagner they will probably hang around the 7-9 or 9-7 range, their natural home.

Counter point: Brian Schottenheimer

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Trade Earl Thomas to the Rams

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

This would be so cool, even on a higher priced one-year contract, just to see that defense play together for one year. The Rams are gonna come up against the cap hard at the end of the season anyways though, this next season is probably the only one where the Rams look like they do now with all that defensive star power.

I honestly think they are dicked for cap space completely this year after AD gets his mega contract.

Speaking of the Rams

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1021815320703430656

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Who's going to have the best secondary in the NFC West this year?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

The 49ers have so many young talented players on defense that they could and should be very very good eventually. I mean how many first round/top 10 picks are on that D?

If Trumaine Johnson is really hurt that could be bad for the Rams. I also kind of wonder how well Peters will even fit into what the Rams do.

lmao yes, yes he is. He doesn't have to pretend, he's an absolute natural

LaMarcus Joyner you mean? It's loving weird because they haven't indicated anything at all and there's photos of him arriving at camp looking great.

Peters will good as long as the Rams pass rush plays to potential. He's the kind of freelancing CB that Wade Phillips gets excited about.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

Right my bad, forgot Trumaine was the guy traded. This coming season is the season for the Rams; they don't have contracts past this season for Peters, Suh, Talib, Donald OR Johnson (who's on the franchise tag right?) as far as I know.

I've been frustrated by Peters in the past because he plays out of position and is really really bad at in cutting routes; gives up a lot of third downs that way. I think he'll either be incredible or a disappointment

I guess what I noticed is how young Deforest Buckner, Arik Armistead, Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster are for all being first round picks. At some point that defense is going to start having to perform better

Right now their relevant 2019 Free Agents(Starters) are

LaMarcus Joyner(Franchised this year)
Ndamukong Suh
Rodger Saffold
Aaron Donald
Rob Havenstein
Jamon Brown
Cory Littleton

Suh is definitely a 1 year thing unless he wants to take a significant paycut to stay around. They picked up the 5th year option on Peters so he's around until 2020, Talib still has 2 years left. The panic will be around Havenstein as he's a really good, young starting Right Tackle. They could probably afford to let Brown walk, he's decent but they drafted a few guys this year to replace him. Saffold will stick around on a team-friendly deal for a few more years. Littleton is the projected ILB starter and I could see them getting him on a team-friendly 2-3 year midseason if he plays well.

Donald is the question mark, this is the most recent news

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1022452256162111489

It sounds like he wants to stick around and the team wants to keep him, it's just a matter of him getting his mega-contract.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

That's a lot better than I thought, I hadn't realized Talib got a reasonably length deal and that they got Peters fifth year. And yeah Havenstein needs to be paid, that whole line will need to get a bit of an overhaul at some point. The way the Rams have approached team-building is pretty interesting and I'm equal parts excited and worried about what the outcome will be

I was mentioning in the other thread that the offensive line is a bit concerning, especially with depth. The group as a unit performed really really well last season, better than most were expecting I think. John Sullivan has been hurt before as has Whitworth and they're both pretty old guys. Jamon Brown is suspended for the start of the season as well.

O line guys getting hurt and then having to shuffle dudes around has really hamstringed (hamstrung?) some good offenses if they don't have enough depth there (or even if they do).

Whitworth I think has only missed 8 games in like 14 years I'm pretty sure, Sullivan is a risk to injury but he was also really loving good last year. They have replacements lined up for Whitworth and Sullivan in Notebloom and Allen which is good. Jamon Brown really is a replacement level guy and I'm pretty sure his 4-game suspension is going to cost him a starting job and a good second contract. Havenstein will get paid for sure, the Rams have 60 million in cap space as of right now next year and even if Donald gets 20m there's still enough to lock him up to a decent deal. Saffold is kind of the wildcard, he gets hurt though last year he stayed healthy and the Rams gave him a massive contract for a Guard that no one else really wanted him 5 years ago and I'm not sure there will be a market for him next year.

Really injuries are the risk for any team and I'm not sure there's anyone out there that could survive 2 starters going down without a massive drop in the quality of play. The Rams have lots of untested guys in backup positions right now so it would interesting to see if any of them could step up.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Jamon Brown's suspension is two games, but your assessment could very well happen if someone like Austin Blythe steps up in camp. I think he filled in quite nicely for Sullivan last year during bits and pieces of games, and he can play both center and guard.

I pretty much agree with everything you highlighted.

Ah that's shorter than I thought, I still think it could cost him a job in the end, but then again he is a good run blocker. Maybe he can improve his pass protection enough to get a long-term deal.

https://twitter.com/camdasilva/status/1022830693217431552

LaMarcus Joyner is off the injury list and Aaron Donald might have reported to camp???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

Yeah I don't dispute any of this, it's all hindsight stuff. I mean that guy wrote an entire article on how McDowell's ATV crash affected the team, so it's interesting that the totally innocuous (and justified at the time) trading of Collins turned out to have real consequences as well. It's the little things sometimes

Wow things change fast in training camp world huh

Donald is not at camp, but I guess they may not be fining him in a sign of good faith? It's a strange move

Also gently caress YEAH

https://twitter.com/DowntownRams/status/1022946169629106176

• Locked thread