Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
gently caress the NFC West, they don't deserve a thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ostentatious posted:

Hey I have some questions about the 49ers

Shoot.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ostentatious posted:

Why is Jed York a bitch?

When you're swaddled in silk at birth even the finest cottons feel as abrasive as sandpaper.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bad Moon posted:

NFCWest posters are also the most handsome/pretty of all TFF posters.

You're welcome:wink:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ninja Bob posted:

Man, as a Cards fan I consider you guys our main rival (and beating you at the end there salvaged a little happiness from a lousy season), but I get how you might not feel the same way.

I think of the Cardinals as a friendly rivalry. Fitzgerald is cool and commands a lot of respect from the Seahawks, and I think the feeling is mutual. Patrick Peterson is legit and David Johnson is secretly the best runningback in the NFL. I don't lust to beat you guys, because if we lose to you it's just a tough game against an honorable opponent. They're usually fun to watch; 6-6 was the best game of the season. I can't wait for you all to get a ring, cementing the West as the best division and the First to Four.

gently caress the Rams though.

Niners, I used to loathe you but I have been entirely consumed by hatred for York. Almost every fiber of being in me burns for his humiliation, what remains is a cool sense of pity for your situation. Good luck.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

I forgot what his name was but one season back in the 80s a Broncos safety laid out Largent in Denver, rendering him unconscious for several minutes. A few weeks later in Seattle, that same Broncos safety intercepts a pass and runs it back several yards before getting absolutely blown up by Largent so hard he fumbles the ball back to Seattle.

Even as a Broncos fan I thought that was a pretty cool story of ultimate revenge.

That's "The Hit", my dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSOPrwb-mQc

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bubba Smith posted:

Come on Seahawks just take a loving year off and then you'll run the division for like 10 years.

Pretty sure they just did!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Benny the Snake posted:

Why in the loving gently caress would we pick up Blair Walsh?

Kickers recover from the yips sometimes. It isn't like he's physically broken, I think.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I think a lot of Seahawk fans are getting their view of team quality distorted. It happens to fans of all teams that are good for a decent stretch of time. The current Secondary isn't what it was, but what it was a few years ago was "amongst the best in NFL history". PCJS are great at finding DB's.

I can't think of a good DB we have drafted since 2011.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bad Moon posted:

I was gonna say Shead is pretty good but then remembered he was an UDFA.

It's also likely he won't be healthy in time for the season opener.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

seiferguy posted:

Let's take a look:

2012: Jeremy Lane and Winston Guy. Lane was... okay, up until that horrific injury in the Super Bowl. Guy played 2 games and got cut.
2013: Tharold Simon. Played a few games. Never amounted to anything good.
2014: Eric Pinkins. Played 6 games, doesn't have a single stat attributed to him.
2015: Tye Smith and Ryan Murphy. Smith played a few games and got cut this last season. Murphy didn't make the team.
2016: No DBs drafted.

These guys were all drafted late round (5 and beyond) too.

I get that everyone gushes over our drafting of Sherman and Chancellor in the late rounds, but yeah... we haven't thought of backfilling those positions yet. So far our replacements for Brandon Browner in the LOB have been Byron Maxwell (good for 1 1/2 seasons, took a huge payday at Philly and became bad), Cary Williams (lol), and Shead ( :rip: ).

Jizz denouement's argument was that they're great at getting those guys in the late rounds. I don't think those guys slip to the late rounds in 2015 and onward.

Seattle is good at exploiting positions the rest of the league overlooks, which is why they thought they could get away with the crap they have at o line (or taking risks on criminals like Frank Clark that the rest of the league won't touch). Right now there are too many other teams trying to draft athletic, oversized defensive backs, then trying to develop them into starters. I don't think that's a market weakness that Seattle can take advantage of anymore. No one wants to overlook a Sherman or Chancellor again. If Seattle wants a DB who can start right they'll probably have to take him by round 3, unless they find a new angle to exploit that the rest of the league misses.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bad Moon posted:

Earl plays center field and has the speed to help out whichever side needs it.

Yeah, when Earl is healthy he is insanely quick. He was penalized this play, but it still displays how insane his speed is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49sNHgahFAI

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Schwack posted:

Okung and Giacomini are free agents. I wonder what it would be like to have NFL talent at both tackle positions again?

For ~10 games with Okung, but it would still own.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

The seahawks are going to destroy the nfl next year

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Goff going to have a good sophmore year imo. Except when he plays the Seahawks of course.

Disagree

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

Goff will have 14 lovely games and his two good games will inexplicably come against the Seahawks, because that's just how things work in this division.

There's no more Jeff Fisher magic.

Grittybeard posted:

I mean he can't be worse right?

Correct.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

shirts and skins posted:

Anyway, whoahoa, what is this about SF maybe getting Kirk Cousins? Niners fans...do you like that?

The Niners got sick of a quarterback who kneeled at inappropriate times, not sure why they think this one is different.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAYDDVzqOTo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

seiferguy posted:

Part of me tells me that 9ers should use this as a rebuilding year and get a QB next year since they have talent deficit almost everywhere, but I'm not an NFL GM.

Kirk Cousins next year.

Coldforge posted:

With 6 year contracts (and no offset), the front office can take their time and get the best pieces they can each season. Going to suck a bit in the short term, but hopefully around the time the Seahawks are falling apart, the 49ers will be a competent team again.

Eh, not like the Rams or Cards want to do it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

I'm tempted to fantasy book Torrey Smith on the Seahawks, but a one-dimensional deep threat is kinda redundant when Tyler Lockett can do more (when healthy).

On the other hand, I will gladly take him over Jermaine Kearse.

I'll take Greg Hardy over Jermaine Kearse.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

What's Jerramy Stevens up to now?

Or Hope, for that matter.

poo poo, I've seen Hope catch a ball and a beatdown, so she's twice the man Kearse is.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

DariusLikewise posted:

Weird that they wouldn't at least put the lowest tender on Shead just to have the right of first refusal. Also I didn't realize the Seahawks had signed noted rapist Perrish Cox.

Nah, he wasn't found guilty. :ironicat:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Jed York is every male lead from James Nguyen's films combined into one eldritch abomination come to life to haunt San Francisco for its crimes.

And in true San Francisco fashion he owns a blight on the landscape in the South Bay so he can contribute to the already loving traffic. :argh:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Benny the Snake posted:

So Adrian Peterson and Eddie Lacy are looking at the Seahawks. Know who isn't? Any offensive tackle or center worth a poo poo. Hull isn't holding? gently caress that, we need to make our cannons bigger!

We might get Charles, which is way cooler than Beat Mode and Feast Mode.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

Eddie Lacy will be fine as long as he never discovers Dick's Drive-In

But enough about Russell's ex-wife.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ghost Dog posted:

do 49ers posters still exist and how do they feel about their team giving 20m to the worst fullback in the league

Good news! He's a top 10 player at his position!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Bad News! There are only 8 fullbacks in the NFL.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

Luke Joeckel sucks but he's probably still an upgrade over Fant at LT.

Also the Seahawks are interested in Jared Cook for some loving reason.

I still want to see them develop Fant.

NFC WincEST.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Jared Cook owned when healthy for the Packers. But he can't block for poo poo so lol

What? A person was a good receiver with Aaron Rodgers? Cray...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

:geno:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

I love Fat Eddie and I'm glad he's on my favorite team now

I still think he's a fat PoS who won't make it to the LoS most plays.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

Who cares about Eddie's weight when he can do rad poo poo like this

He barely gets six inches of vertical movement there.

Krycek posted:

CJ Prosise' injury must not be recovering as well as they had hoped and Rawls has missed significant time in both of his 2 seasons in the league. PCJS do not tolerate players who can't stay healthy or have recurring injuries. Unger and Okung are prime examples of guys who repeatedly couldn't play full seasons and were unloaded and let walk respectively.

Add much as fans like Rawls and see him as Lynch 2.0, I don't think he's going to pan out in Seattle. Put it this way, if he doesn't make it through a full season next year or prove that he is actually Lynch 2.0, I doubt they resign him for anything more than a minimal contract.

But gently caress me. Eddie Lacy for $5+M? We could sign our entire oline 3 times over for less than that.

Marshawn had lingering injuries.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Large-shawn.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Yeah, that's great.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Marshawn Lunch is my personal fav.

That's pretty good too. Large-shawn Lunch.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bad Moon posted:

Not like something we're famous for but there are a poo poo load of teriyaki joints here. If the joke is that there is a Starbucks on every corner, next to it would be a teriyaki place. Pho and sushi and Thai joints are getting up there too in the last few years

Yeah, you're on the west coast.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Benny the Snake posted:

Seahawks open to dealing Sherman.

Sherman's gotten slow and antagonistic towards reporters but still-it's gonna hurt seeing one of the original members of the Leigon of Boom go. :(

Trade him for Butler!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Keith Atherton posted:

Seahawks have one more year of the current success and then we are falling back into Mariners-type just miss the wild card.

Just in time for me to jump on board the Texan Train. *Choo choo* next stop Titletown, USA!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bad Moon posted:

Trick question, we're drafting more running backs in the first.

I'm down.

big money big clit posted:

Yea, Fournette is 240 with quick feet, he can probably play left tackle.

Christian McCaffrey has the intelligence and lower body strength to make a great center.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

No way. King is good but likely not a first rounder. Especially with this DB class. Although he is that big type of corner the FO likes. I'd be happy picking him up later. But Seattle has way more pressing needs.

This FO will grab King in the first if he's who they really love. They always grab their guy when they see him, not when he should go. I hope they at least trade down for some picks first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

Odds seem high that "passenger" means "had a guy in the car willing to switch seats and take the blame."

If your friends are that dedicated, surely it can't be that difficult to just have one stay sober.

• Locked thread